eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

rss to xml help please. froogle submission
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladystrange

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: rss to xml help please. froogle submission Reply with quote

I have been messing around with feedburner and google reader for days trying to figure out how to do this.

Does anyone know of way to create an xml without manually making a spreadsheet?

I know that ecrater already submits for us but most of my product wont products show up because lingerie is adult content now. I think that if I tell them it is adult content when submitting my feed then they will publish it in an adult content area.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya, lady:

Can use the trial version of feedfor all, I liked it so much, I bought a license to the software. Simple as pie to use, too:

www.feedforall.com
ladystrange

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the info Reply with quote

I downloaded the program. However, this it quite tedious also. Do you do one feed for each product? Froogle decided to list a majority of my items. So I am going to put it on the back burner for now. But I wanted to thank you o much for answering me.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing to remember is your ecrater.com RSS feed is for 20 items ONLY!
2BOYSandTOYS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the RSS being 20 items only, is that limited by eCrater or the 'receiver'? I'm just curious about which 20 actually are shared when we submit. Point me accordingly if already answered!! Embarassed

Erin Wink
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2BOYSandTOYS wrote:
On the RSS being 20 items only, is that limited by eCrater or the 'receiver'? I'm just curious about which 20 actually are shared when we submit. Point me accordingly if already answered!! Embarassed

Erin Wink

the ecrater.com RSS feed only pulls one page - a page show only 20 items.
Which 20 items depends on where you get your feed from.
If you get the feed from a category it will pull the 20 items from that category. If you get your feed from a filter sorted by date posted you will get the last 20 items you listed.
So as far as which 20 items depends on where you selected the feed from.
At least that's how I am understand it.
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's to save on bandwidth, your Google base/Froogle feed only has 10 items per feed since only 10 items per page show up.

Lady, yeah, it is pretty tedious. But do a little bit every day, you'll have everything up in no time. I do one feed for every site I'm on. I know many of the sites submit RSS feeds, that's a great thing, but remember, they are submitting ALL of the things on their site. Good to have your own RSS feed of only your things to submit to directories, add to your blog (for ecrater, since it's no-HTML here), and to your website.

It's more keywords and more one way inbound links to your store, and that's always a good (and often tedious LOL) thing!
ladystrange

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: questions, questions, more questions? Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
One thing to remember is your ecrater.com RSS feed is for 20 items ONLY!

When ecrater submits to froogle is the amount of products from stores also limited?

I know that froogle maxs a time period of 30 or 31 days. So what happens to items that have been in your store awhile?

I am just curious because when I was on froogle earlier today ecraters listings where at 15X,XXX and I read here where we have over 400,000 products listed.

Thanks ahead of time Bigtall
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I have no clue want ecrater.com sends to Froogle.

I do know that it used to be on older items you could edit them and they would appear as new. It's NOT that way any more and it sucks!
I have items that I have had in my store since March 2005 - they get hits so they are been seen some how.
If ecrater.com is only submitting new items that will kill the hole idea of stores that have unlimited product.

Curious - have you asked the ecrater.com team? If you do, please post and let us all know what the reply was.
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lower showing on Froogle may be because Google does not show duplicates, or at least they say they don't. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. They no doubt consider the same ring in a different size as a duplicate - again, sometimes I can find the sizes 5-10 listings on Froogle, others, I only see 1-2 of any particular style.

Let us know what you find out, lady!
ladystrange

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: duplicates Reply with quote

eleganzajewels wrote:
The lower showing on Froogle may be because Google does not show duplicates, or at least they say they don't.
I try to change the key words with each duplicate post so I can cover ways that people search, example one would use plus size, the next full figure, the next bbw etc. I would think that the majority of people do this.
I think froogle wants the new brand name tags so they are more effecient at price comparison, I still do not know how ecrater is going to handle this
ladystrange

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: How? Reply with quote

Curious - have you asked the ecrater.com team? If you do, please post and let us all know what the reply was.

How do you contact them?
ljstores

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: How? Reply with quote

ladystrange wrote:

How do you contact them?

Try this
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2133
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get the feed from a category it will pull the 20 items from that category. If you get your feed from a filter sorted by date posted you will get the last 20 items you listed.
So as far as which 20 items depends on where you selected the feed from.
At least that's how I am understand it.

But it's a feed. I guess I'm confused. It should mean that anybody who adds your RSS feed to their reader will see your latest 20 items. Actually 20 is the most the feed shows at one time but they'll see every new item you add as it's added (as long as it applies to the feed in question). In other words, the feed is a continuous thing. So the simplest way to do this is to submit one single feed for your whole store or maybe one feed for each category.

So what I'm confused about is how/why would you add feeds for every page of 20 items in a store? Let's say you have the category "iPod Accessories" that's got 17 pages of items. Wouldn't the feed for page 17 of that category be the same feed as page 1? Because the category is what the feed is actually for..
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So the simplest way to do this is to submit one single feed for your whole store or maybe one feed for each category.

The RSS Feed is only 20 items. You can't get an RSS FEED for your WHOLE ecrater.com store.

Quote:
So what I'm confused about is how/why would you add feeds for every page of 20 items in a store? Let's say you have the category "iPod Accessories" that's got 17 pages of items. Wouldn't the feed for page 17 of that category be the same feed as page 1? Because the category is what the feed is actually for..

Yes that is what I tried to say - The feed for a category is the last 20 items listed within that category. Which may not be the same as a feed from the filter sorted by date posted - that would give you the last 20 items posted within your whole store no matter what category it's in.
OR maybe I am confused but that's how I understood it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: