eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

eCRATER launches in United Kingdom
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: eCRATER launches in United Kingdom Reply with quote

We are happy to announce that we launched a UK version of our marketplace.

http://www.ecrater.co.uk

If you would like to list your products in the new marketplace:

1) you must maintain prices on both USD and GBP
2) you must ship to United Kingdom

We encourage all US merchants to start selling in GBP as well which will bring more buyers to their stores. The main advantage is that your products will be listed in both our US and UK marketplaces. They will also be posted to both Google Product Search and Google Product Search UK. In addition all merchants will receive their own store under the ecrater.co.uk domain.

It is very easy to convert your prices to GBP. One can use the global editor to do this. Select "set UK price", choose "Price in USD" as base, choose the * operator and fill out the user value: 0.624 (1 USD = 0.624 GBP)

Please note that your prices in USD will remain unaffected, the operation merely adds prices in GBP as well.

If you want to get rid of the GBP prices then just use the global editor and select action "set UK price" and select operator "delete"

To set the shipping rates to UK please fill out the shipping matrix rates for United Kingdom. If you already use the USPS calculator you don't have to do anything because we convert the shipping rates to GBP automatically.

There is also an option called "Enable GBP currency" in the Options menu. This will add another price field in the following pages: add products, edit product and copy product. It will also enable you to fill out the Google Checkout UK merchant ID and key in the Payment Options menu.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
antiques-collectibles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Ecrater. I will keep it in mind, but I already have my stuff set up for free shipping anywhere in the USA and changing/packaging/weighing all that stuff would be too much for me.

I gave up on International shipping back in the 90's when the buyers kept insisting that I lie on the forms for them, and that I was somehow responsible for the tariffs and any other fees their country decided to impose on incoming goods. Might be different now, but again, packaging and weighing all that stuff would be too difficult.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Ecrater! I am excited to be off and running. The UK is a good market for what I sell. There are a lot of people who knit and sew in the UK so this is a perfect opportunity for me. I appreciate all of you who work at Ecrater and all my friends here on the forum. What a great team!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping also for some good sales in the UK. Now that I'm not so confused it seems pretty simple.

Love selling here.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Now that I'm not so confused it seems pretty simple.

Wishin I understood it. BUT I don't think I can ever do it on this site as some of my items can not ship to UK. Since it's an all or nothing it's not an option for me at this time. I'm not allowed to open a second store with duplicate items so I guess I can't use ecrater.co.uk
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought ...

US sellers that payment options state they accept money order and personal checks
really need to remove those options
or be prepared to pay some BIG charges at their local US bank.
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
MoonwishesStore wrote:

Wishin I understood it. BUT I don't think I can ever do it on this site as some of my items can not ship to UK. Since it's an all or nothing it's not an option for me at this time. I'm not allowed to open a second store with duplicate items so I guess I can't use ecrater.co.uk

Only the items that you set the price for GBP will be displayed on the UK site. You can set the prices for the items that you want to sell in the UK and don't set the GBP price for the items that are US only. A second store is not need to separate the items.

em
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater-moon wrote:
MoonwishesStore wrote:

Only the items that you set the price for GBP will be displayed on the UK site. You can set the prices for the items that you want to sell in the UK and don't set the GBP price for the items that are US only. A second store is not need to separate the items.

em

Not sure but I think BigTall and I have the same problem. We don't use the matrix or the USPS calculated. I would happily opt in if I could just add GBP without having to use the matrix. But if my understanding is correct, if I try to use the matrix just for the UK, it won't work? Is that right.?
antiques-collectibles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater-moon wrote:
MoonwishesStore wrote:

em

Sounds like maybe I could target specific items for the UK and not have it affect anything else. For instance if I wanted to sell/ship some small low cost items to UK but not high cost large paintings or whatever I could do that without having people in the UK try to buy the big stuff. Hoping that is right, anyway. I would need to select JUST the items I felt comfortable with, not everything I have in the store.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater-moon
OK, I got it ... I can do some items in my ecrater.com store and not others. That's great
EXCEPT - I use fixed shipping. My weights are worthless and always have been since they never played a real role on this site.

If I understand this correctly, my items that I put a GBP on would end up showing as zero shipping cost for shipping to UK ---
is that correct??

PLEASE ANSWER - what about the payment options?
I would need to have my payment options be ONLY PayPal for the UK site, since the cost of an international funds money order or check would be too expense to deposit and google don't do the conversation from the GBP to USD before the customer pays (not even sure if PayPal will. I know thye will convert a payment from GBP to USD when the price was in USD and the UK customer purchased it)
Yet, I want to keep my ecrater.com site payment options to be money orders, cashier checks, PayPal and Google Checkout.

I used to sell a bunch to the UK. I would love to do it again. But I'm worried about how all this works.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also used to sell a lot to UK before I had to remove the boiler plates from my listings which instructed international to email for an invoice. Then I would send them a Google invoice and it worked fine. They paid with a credit card and the card made the conversion to British pounds for them and paid me in US$. It was easy.
elisia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:

em

Is there a choice? I mean, I'm listing all current items in UK. I would love to list the USD amount and have the UK amount filled in automatically. OR just have it done because I have set the option elsewhere. The listing CANNOT be done without the UK amount....is there a way around this? Am I missing something?
VosaStyleEmporium

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater-moon wrote:

em

I appreciate this wonderful new feature, and want to say thanks!

Something I would like to see implemented - as others have mentioned - is the ability to offer a fixed shipping rate for potential UK buyers.

Secondly, while we're able to select and choose which items will be displayed on the UK site, if the buyer finds your US site, the shipping matrix will also kick in for items you did not include on the UK site.

For instance, I'm currently offering lightweight items like my sewing patterns on the UK site, and those are the only items shown if you go to XYZ.ecrater.co.uk. However, if you found my US website XYZ.ecrater.com, you could go there, add a purse (or what-have-you) to the shopping cart, select UK as your shipping country, and the shipping matrix will also be enabled for those products.

Is it supposed to be this way, or is there a way to avoid it?
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elisia wrote:
The listing CANNOT be done without the UK amount....is there a way around this? Am I missing something?

This was fixed last night. Please try now and you will be able to add/edit/copy products without specifying GBP price.
elisia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, EC, for everything, and for returning an answer to my ? so quickly.

As of now, I have:

Price*:

Price
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: