eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

eCRATER launches in United Kingdom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vintagecornerstore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you gone to PP to see if it shows there? If it does, you will have to accept it (and I always have it converted to US $ at the same time.) It has to be accepted before it will show as paid on eCrater.

If it doesn't show there, probably the customer never completed checkout.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
kawaiibobo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my first UK sale over the weekend (yay!) and the payment was in my PayPal account waiting to be claimed. Once the payment was claimed, the order in the eCrater admin page showed that it was paid.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DC, If you didn't get a PP notification and it isn't showing in your PP account, it is just another nonpayer at this point. I had one of those this weekend. I also had a paid UK order that the PP notification came through with the amount in GBP and in PP I had to accept the payment as usual and convert it to USD. Also had to mark the order as paid, and hide the item. I've also hidden the item that the payment hasn't come through yet. Actually since both of them had a quantity of two, I just adjusted the quantity to 1 in the meantime.

I have sent a notice to ecrater about this and they have asked for more info which I sent them Saturday night. Assuming they took Sunday off, they should be working on it now. At least we know they are not ignoring this issue, so I think patience is called for (not that anyone is sounding impatient) but I think they do a great job with getting this all working.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Moonwishes. It does seem to be from nonpayers so far. We've had three in the past weekend--one claimed testing of the shipping and two appear to have not noticed the item wasn't in the UK. Oops! Nothing new, that happened on eB all the time. Still annoying--these are express orders so there's no reason they wouldn't arrive in time--but nothing to be done about it for now.
windsongsboutique

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the ecrater UK site was a good thing. I sell internationally, anyway, and shipping terms are the same for international as they are for domestic. But the really great thing about the UK site is that now I know where all the non-payers are!!! I have been flooded with dozens of orders from the UK with only a couple of them ever being paid. Its unfortunate that sellers cannot leave feedback for buyers, thus warning other sellers.
carolinabluelady

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only had 1 "sale" on my UK site and it was a non-paying purchase from a UK customer with no response to e-mail I sent them when payment wasn't received. So, I guess, I really haven't had any purchases from my UK site.
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't gotten a single UK buyer.

But I have had 4 US buyers on the UK site - so I think the exposure may be worth it.

And one in New Zealand I think came via the UK site.

I haven't had any non-paying orders from the UK. I don't get very many from the US either.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of my non-payers are here in the US. I don't even sweat them at this point. It happens. But the UK site has been great and all my international sales are through it now except for a couple Canadian orders.

>>Its unfortunate that sellers cannot leave feedback for buyers, thus warning other sellers.<<

I think that you have to have a different mindset about people not paying than what you may have had at ebay. You didn't lose anything, not a fee, nothing, so no reason to write up lists of people who didn't pay because what would that accomplish? When they do buy something and pay is the seller supposed to check the list and tell them "since you didn't pay this other seller I'm not going to send you your stuff". Nope, that isn't in my rule book of selling. When someone buys something from me and pays promptly I certainly wouldn't be checking their feedback. I'm glad buyers don't have feedback. One less thing to do and it certainly doesn't help anything other than giving the seller who didn't get paid for a non-order a place to vent.
carolinabluelady

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Moonwishes - don't wish to get into that feedback crap like at eBay. And don't get me started on those DSRs.

I assume that they have changed their mind and just don't know how to remove it from the cart or get booted out and can't find it. I haven't lost anything. The jest of my e-mail is just to check to see if they had a problem or if they changed their mind and if so, I could go ahead and cancel their order for them. Sometimes, I hear back and sometimes I don't. Doesn't happen all that much.
peggybob

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: I don't want to ship to the US Reply with quote

Hi Guys
My situation seems to be different from the majority of issues in the threads I have read.
I am in the UK and I don't want to ship to the US or worldwide.
My shipping is included in the price and I enabled that by ticking free shipping to the US & Canada which shows up as Free to the UK but there is a link next to it that says "other destinations". How do I disable that?
Am I going to be able to have a UK store and only sell to customers in the UK?
I hope it is not a case of me having to only be in the US and shipping internationally?
I have waited 4 years for ecrater.co.uk to arrive and I am feeling a little worried that the way it is set up means I can't use it in my situation?
Seems a bit pointless that a UK resident can't have a ecrater.co.uk store?
I know I am feeling sorry for myself. Can anyone provide me with some answers or a workaround and put me out of my misery?
Crying or Very sad

Thanks
    PullNPeel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: I don't want to ship to the US Reply with quote

peggybob wrote:
    Hi Guys
    My situation seems to be different from the majority of issues in the threads I have read....

I am very new here, and I have no idea if this is even the same in the UK, but it's worth a shot.

Under your administration page, click on 'shipping zones', from there you can check the boxes to the areas that you want to ship to, and visa versa: uncheck the boxes that you don't want to ship to.

I really hope this helps you but if it doesn't someone will be along to help =)

By the way, welcome fellow newbie =)
    wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the terms for selling on Ecrater has always been that the seller would ship throughout the US. Of course, originally it was only ecrater.com and it was way before the UK stores came along recently. My assumption is that you still have to agree to those terms since that is still stated in the terms. I can see how the issue looks from the UK perspective; many sellers here in the US want to ship only within the US and not go international and you're in the same situation, just from the other end.

I would contact Ecrater at http://www.ecrater.com/contact.php to find out for sure, and then please come back and let us know for others who may be wondering.

Becky
    peggybob

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: I don't want to ship to the US Reply with quote

PullNPeel wrote:
    peggybob wrote:
    Hi Guys
    My situation seems to be different from the majority of issues in the threads I have read....

I am very new here, and I have no idea if this is even the same in the UK, but it's worth a shot.

Under your administration page, click on 'shipping zones', from there you can check the boxes to the areas that you want to ship to, and visa versa: uncheck the boxes that you don't want to ship to.

I really hope this helps you but if it doesn't someone will be along to help =)

By the way, welcome fellow newbie =)

Hi There,
    Thanks for your suggestion. I had actually tried that but there is no function to un-check the US Hawaii & Alaska as they are greyed out.

p.s. I'm not a complete noob I had a US store and a brief stint at moderating the forum a few years ago but thanks a bunch for the welcome though Very Happy
    carolinabluelady

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be very simple to tell if you have to sell in the US. Go to your Shipping Zones and if the boxes next to US Mainland, Alaska and Hawaii and checked and grayed out, then you will have to ship to the US. If they aren't then maybe eCrater has changed that rule for the UK sellers.
    carolinabluelady

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

funny - we were typing at the same time. So the rule hasn't changed if you can't uncheck them.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
    Page 10 of 14

Jump to: