eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

eCRATER launches in United Kingdom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elisia

That's how it needs to be. The price in GBP is not required which gives the ability to set the GBP price for only the items you would like.

Price*:
Price
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elisia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha---it would mean that if I left the box blank, it would not reject for because there is something missing (usually anything with a * requires something to be filled in there).

If that's the case, I'm good to go... Wink
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
ecrater-moon
OK, I got it ... I can do some items in my ecrater.com store and not others. That's great
EXCEPT - I use fixed shipping. My weights are worthless and always have been since they never played a real role on this site.

If I understand this correctly, my items that I put a GBP on would end up showing as zero shipping cost for shipping to UK ---
is that correct??

PLEASE ANSWER - what about the payment options?
I would need to have my payment options be ONLY PayPal for the UK site, since the cost of an international funds money order or check would be too expense to deposit and google don't do the conversation from the GBP to USD before the customer pays (not even sure if PayPal will. I know thye will convert a payment from GBP to USD when the price was in USD and the UK customer purchased it)
Yet, I want to keep my ecrater.com site payment options to be money orders, cashier checks, PayPal and Google Checkout.

I used to sell a bunch to the UK. I would love to do it again. But I'm worried about how all this works.

The shipping in your US eCRATER store must be the shipping matrix or / and USPS shipping calculator. Otherwise, shipping in the UK will show as free shipping.

As for the offline payment options, if they are accepted in the US store, at this time the same options will be available in the UK store. There is no way to remove these at this time.

em
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to open a UK store? This way we can set up everything just so-so and decide what items to make available.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frillypad wrote:
Is it possible to open a UK store? This way we can set up everything just so-so and decide what items to make available.

I would like an answer to this also. Otherwise I can't do this at all. I have too many items to even think about attempting to weigh each one and attempt to use the matrix.
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frillypad wrote:

You can still decide which items to make available in UK. You can manually control this when you add/edit products.

After you register you automatically receive both US and UK store.
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to everybody.

Interesting option. I was testing it with 1 item. The UK version of the store only show it.

ecrater, I have one question. I was using the shipping matrix/zone since I begin here. How is calculated my US value in the matrix to the UK buyers?

Also I 2nd the idea that if needed to find some method to have disable the papers payments in UK version. Because I know many buyers that never read the Terms/About/Ddescription/etc.
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy epereles you might read thru this thread it has alot of info on setting up your UK shipping.

http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=25768
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks frillypad.

Ok the conversion for shipping is automatic. Now it appears to go back to an old topic.

The Shipping Matrix. In my case I sold items that can weight packed 3ounces to 2lbs. The great USPS decided that 1rst Class Domestic after 13 ounces goes Priority Domestic with rates by pound/zone, but 1rst Class International is up to 64 ounces or 4lb.

Is a way to add to the Matrix weight from 1oz to 64oz then to pounds?
cooolstuff4ushop

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: UK Listings assist Reply with quote

I'm trying to add the 0.624 entry, but it will not allow me to, It states only 2 digits allowed after the point. Can anyone please assist? Thank you very kindly! Smile Jewel Smile (link to outside site removed) em
surknights-emporium

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: eCRATER launches in United Kingdom Reply with quote

ecrater wrote:
It is very easy to convert your prices to GBP. One can use the global editor to do this. Select "set UK price", choose "Price in USD" as base, choose the * operator and fill out the user value: 0.624 (1 USD = 0.624 GBP)

Just thought you should know that your system isn't allowing more than two places after the decimal, so I had to set the multiplier to 0.62

Also, are we supposed to change the multiplier every time the currency changes or is that automatic?
cooolstuff4ushop

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wondered that myself, surknights-emporium. Very excellent questions! I will follow your lead! Thank you!
beachcatsbargains

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the matrix is required I'm out...

Think I'll wait until everyone's questions are answered and the "bugs" are ironed out!
Florida-House

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Excited Reply with quote

I signed up Razz and converted this evening. Now I am wondering I use the USPS calculator for shipping I am assuming this will calculate the correct shipping for UK shipping. Question Post Office Here I come.
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Excited Reply with quote

Florida-House wrote:
I signed up Razz and converted this evening. Now I am wondering I use the USPS calculator for shipping I am assuming this will calculate the correct shipping for UK shipping. Question Post Office Here I come.

The shipping in your US eCRATER store must be the shipping matrix or/and USPS shipping calculator. Otherwise, shipping in the UK will show as free shipping.

em
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: