eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

eCRATER launches in United Kingdom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bettebegoodvintage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I had the UK and Aus shop disabled but I received an order from the UK. In pounds.
I tried to refund the buyer but it says my balance is not enough and they want to take it from my bank account. No way as I did not accept this payment.
What a mess. What do I do to correct this?

I am not taking pounds and doing free shipping.

So far not too happy with this set up.

I have only US and mainland selected as the only shipping areas.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bettebegoodvintage wrote:
I thought I had the UK and Aus shop disabled but I received an order from the UK. In pounds.
I tried to refund the buyer but it says my balance is not enough and they want to take it from my bank account. No way as I did not accept this payment.
What a mess. What do I do to correct this?

I am not taking pounds and doing free shipping.

So far not too happy with this set up.

I have only US and mainland selected as the only shipping areas.

DO NOT REFUND ... DENY the payment ... assuming you are talking PayPal.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your UK & AU stores are still active. Look here for info on removing your UK store and use same directions for the AU store.

FAQs and Solutions > Selling in UK http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=28803
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never signed up for a UK or a AU store. And I still get UK payments. I did everything I been told but it still happens on many of my stores.

The BIGGEST PROBLEM IS you can not have a US store with shipping to UK or AU without ending up with a UK and or AU store.
I want to ship to the UK but I don't want to be paid in pounds ... I lose money every single time ... due to the rate that is being used for the conversion and the extra fees to accept this type of payment.
bettebegoodvintage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a mess. I have put my store "on hold".
I need to call paypal and see what to do as the payment came through.
I did not see a cancel option this time.

Yes, I would love to sell to my previous UK customers, but this set up is crazy.
I had my own website for 10 years so I do know what I am doing with shipping,paypal etc.
The shipping matrix say US only.

It is good to know others are not thrilled with this set up.
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The shipping matrix say US only.

You have a shipping matrix for each shipping zone you ship to outside the US.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get paid in pounds via PP, they will convert it into US dollars. If you have a UK store, you can set the conversion rate so that it is a bit above the actual one so that you don't lose any money on the UK orders. So far it sounds like the AU stores haven't been feed yet so I haven't heard of anyone getting orders in AU dollars. You can have your PP account set up to accept and automatically convert UK orders in pounds right into USD without having to do anything else. Getting a payment in pounds is no reason to cancel an order unless of course you don't have your shipping set up correctly and they are showing free shipping. As long as your shipping is set up correctly, just click on the buttons that PP shows you to convert the money and then ship the item.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
I never signed up for a UK or a AU store. And I still get UK payments. I did everything I been told but it still happens on many of my stores.

The BIGGEST PROBLEM IS you can not have a US store with shipping to UK or AU without ending up with a UK and or AU store.

Are you sure? I don't have a UK or AU store but I do ship there from my theuglysweatershop.ecrater.com store.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecheapskirt wrote:
bigtallmensclothing wrote:

Are you sure? I don't have a UK or AU store but I do ship there from my theuglysweatershop.ecrater.com store.

That's the only way I can figure I got these stores.
I certainly, never wanted them. I never opt-in to get them.
and I did immediately click on do not automatically convert
BUT the stores where there BEFORE the auto convert ever happened.

This is what I was told ---
Quote:
If for some reason you do not want to have your products listed in ecrater.com.au or ecrater.co.uk anymore please follow these two steps:
To remove the products from the Australia Marketplace:
1) make sure you checked the Do not auto convert prices in other currencies option in the Options menu.
2) Use Global Editor, choose set AU price and then choose delete as an operator.

To remove the products from the UK Marketplace:
1) make sure you checked the Do not auto convert prices in other currencies option in the Options menu.
2) Use Global Editor, choose set UK price and then choose delete as an operator.

I personally own and or manage way too many stores on this site to go through that process at this buey time of year. We have a handmade earring store that on average is now selling 10 pairs of earrings a day. That's a big jump for us. And that store is currently occupy my time therefore I can't go undo what has been done.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you get paid in pounds via PP, they will convert it into US dollars

Yes, they will BUT this service is not free.

Quote:
If you have a UK store, you can set the conversion rate so that it is a bit above the actual one so that you don't lose any money on the UK orders.

Apparently, ecrater is using a low rate. I never provided one, since I never asked for the stores. I got the stores, who knows what rate they are using? Where do I go change it? How long will that take?

Quote:
Getting a payment in pounds is no reason to cancel an order unless of course you don't have your shipping set up correctly and they are showing free shipping. As long as your shipping is set up correctly, just click on the buttons that PP shows you to convert the money and then ship the item.

NOT in my case, a couple of the orders have been LESS profit, due to higher fees and low rate used to convert to pounds and low rate used by PP to convert to dollars.
My prices here are low due to no site fees, I never calculated in all this conversion rate stuff in my prices since they weren't here in 2005!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater wrote:
If for some reason you do not want to have your products listed in ecrater.com.au or ecrater.co.uk anymore please follow these two steps:
2) Use Global Editor, choose set AU price and then choose delete as an operator.

2) Use Global Editor, choose set UK price and then choose delete as an operator.
The day after our stores were auto added to the UK site I completed the two steps to remove the UK. I love to shipping to UK customers IF they purchase through my US site. When the AU site was auto added, my store WAS NOT activated. I had both the UK and AU active in my shipping zone with shipping cost completed in the Shipping matrix before any of this happened AND I still have both countries active in both shipping zone & matrix.

The system worked for me, BUT you have to complete step 2 in order to remove the active UK and/or AU stores.

The quick way I use to check the status of my stores was to preview my store from admin then change the address line from .com to .co.uk OR from .com to .com.au

I realize this would be a time consuming operation for many stores, but it really didn't take long at all to go to admin., check the box for Step One, then run the global editor twice (once to delete the UK prices and once to delete the AU prices). To me, this was less time spent than 1) trying to deal with receiving payments in UK and/or AU money, 2) either losing money or trying to set conversion rate myself, 3) removing check/MO options in all my stores, and 4)losing the ability for my UK & AU customers to use GCO (which they can do in my US store).

Would I rather have had the option to opt-in to the UK & AU rather than having opt-out? You bet! Would I have like to have had an email to tell me I now had a UK and AU store? For Sure! BUT, I truly believe the owner of the site thought he was helping the sellers. I just hope that in, the future, he will talk to at least a small group of sellers to see if there are going to be major headaches for the sellers before he adds such a major change.

I also think the programmer forgot that many, if not most, of the sellers here got their online sales training on the eBay and have always put the important information about each sale on the page with every item. Telling the international customers they had to email for shipping rates was standard. I have found a lot of sellers here that still follow that same practice. They check every country they will ship to in the shipping zone chart, then tell the international customers to write for shipping cost. Well, this auto converted to Free Shipping for the UK and AU. Now, eCRATER is going to get a bad name in both countries do to the number of sales cancelled because the seller didn't know this would happen.

I really feel eCRATER should send an email to every seller on the site to tell them of the great new feature now available and to let them know that if they had UK and/or AU active in their shipping zone chart, they now have an active UK and AU stores. It should include information about how to delete your UK/AU store AND a note that if you have US based Google Checkout, it doesn't work in either store. I'm afraid eCRATER is going to have some really unhappy sellers AND UK/AU customers as the holiday shopping picks up.
1733Shoppe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
ecrater wrote:

The day after our stores were auto added to the UK site I completed the two steps to remove the UK. I love to shipping to UK customers IF they purchase through my US site. When the AU site was auto added, my store WAS NOT activated. I had both the UK and AU active in my shipping zone with shipping cost completed in the Shipping matrix before any of this happened AND I still have both countries active in both shipping zone & matrix.

The system worked for me, BUT you have to complete step 2 in order to remove the active UK and/or AU stores.

When doing step two above do you leave the base box 'price in USD' or do you set it to 'price in GBP and/or AUD' ?

Thanks.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1733Shoppe wrote:
When doing step two above do you leave the base box 'price in USD' or do you set it to 'price in GBP and/or AUD' ?
Here's what I put:
Apply to*: All Categories
Action*: set UK price
Base: Price in USD
Operator*: delete
User Value*: 0

Note: the user Value I used was the number zero

If you already have both a UK and AU store, you'll need to run the Global Editor twice, once to "set UK price" and once to "set AU price".
1733Shoppe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you SheilaDee and BigTall, as always you all are so very helpful!!
UknowUneedAnother

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
Your UK & AU stores are still active. Look here for info on removing your UK store and use same directions for the AU store.

FAQs and Solutions > Selling in UK http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=28803

I'll apologise, first, just in case. I' m becoming very confused about the UK and AU shop options and am getting lost trying to track down how it is "currently set up" I haven't been active with my shop for AWHILE. I had pressing family health obligations and am working towards gtting myself back up to speed here.

I have noticed a couple of things in my "Shop Options" pertaining to getting onboard with theofficial UK and AU shops, and need clarification.

1. Would I check the enable for the UK and AU in order for the site to auto convert US $$$ into pounds and AUD?

1a. D I then ignore the "do not convert box"?

2. For the google analytics for these shops, would I re enter my eCrater analytics ID into the 2 boxes showing for UK and AU, HERE, or do I need to go into Google and set something up on that end? IF I need to go into "Google proper", would it be possible for a mini tutorial? I have problems understanding how Google explains things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: