eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

title tag- what should i write?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
orientalpunk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: title tag- what should i write? Reply with quote

hello, i am a new seller on ecrater.
don't know what i should write on "title tag"

i am going to sell t shirt,

so do i need to write

t shirt, shirt, men, women, short sleeved, long sleeved, teenager, white, black, ink, .. something like that?

each site have their own tagging system,, so confused sometime what i should write,

tell me plz, thanks,

oh, plus, ecrater opened UK site, so, if i list on ecrater, is this listed on ecrater uk as well?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each title has to be different and just listing key words does not work if they do not apply to the specific shirt.

You want
design type such as skull, goth, punk etc
t-shirt
size
color
material
men, women or children which ever
hand-painted or whatever special technique

You have up to 100 characters to use for the title.

Read the topics about the UK stores. There are several on the forum.
homeandbodyessence

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

To my understanding, you're asking about the "title tag" which is used to tell the search engines what your site is about and also help your website with higher search rankings (which is totally different from the listing's title - not the case here).

What you need to write is just a few of the most popular keywords or preferrably keyword phrases and synonyms related to what you are selling. I haven't looked at your site but yes, if you are selling t-shirt, the appropriate keywords should be long-sleeved t-shirt, men's, women's blouses, etc... The longer the keyword phrases, the better.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: title tag- what should i write? Reply with quote

orientalpunk wrote:

Welcome! Your store is off to a good start. Your About Me, Terms and Contact pages look nice. The "Title Tag" is the information that appears in the top bar of the window when you are on the internet. I use Firefox as my browser so the top of this page (as you are reading the topic) shows the Firefox icon and says "eCRATER.com :: View topic - title tag- what should i write? -Mozilla Firefox". The "title tag" that you enter will appear on your home page only. The title tags for the other pages are created by eCrater. The title tag is also the first line presented by Google in the regular Google search and is the information suggested when a page is bookmarked. If you click on the button at the bottom of a reply here at the forum that has a little house and says www, you'll go to the home page of the store for that person.

What you put for the title tag is your choice, but now you know where it will be seen.

Quote:
oh, plus, ecrater opened UK site, so, if i list on ecrater, is this listed on ecrater uk as well?
I would suggest you get your US store complete first. The SAME store will be shown on the UK site, but it isn't automatic. You do have to add additional information in your store. If you want to add your store to the UK site at the same time, you need to read all the topics here at the forum related to the UK site.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: