eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Facebook page ... promoting your site
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kjscreations

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Facebook page ... promoting your site Reply with quote

I just added a new Page on the facebook biz page at http://www.facebook.com/businessesgrowingtogether

Notice the "Coupon Page" tab. For instructions, look in the discussions tab & I will add your Coupon banner. Each week they will be different.

"like" that page & also join the group at
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=120764541291655

2 places to add a link each day. Also... invite your friends to join so we get alot more people looking at the links & coupons!!!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
neweratradingpost

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!
kjscreations

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that cool? I find something new & go crazy with it LOL
I added landing pages on my other fan pages as well Smile
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reading a book about Facebook and the founder of it. I'm hoping to get a better grasp of the thoughts behind the company so that I can better use it. So far very interesting. If I find gold nuggets, I will post them.

So far it is a privately held company, owned by the founder who is about 24 or so and he has been offered $billions$ for the company and refuses to sell. In the meantime it's growth rate is HUGE!
kjscreations

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes... I hope they do not sell (but money talks).... that happened to myspace. after it sold, it pretty much tanked after changes were made.
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm reading a book about Facebook and the founder of it. I'm hoping to get a better grasp of the thoughts behind the company so that I can better use it. So far very interesting.

the book and movie are interesting
HOWEVER, I know thqat the movie, at least ... not sure which book you are reading ... but the movie is FICTION
ArcoIrisCoupons

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Facebook page ... promoting your site Reply with quote

kjscreations wrote:
I just added a new Page on the facebook biz page at http://www.facebook.com/businessesgrowingtogether

Notice the "Coupon Page" tab. For instructions, look in the discussions tab & I will add your Coupon banner. Each week they will be different.

"like" that page & also join the group at
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=120764541291655

2 places to add a link each day. Also... invite your friends to join so we get alot more people looking at the links & coupons!!!

Thanks so much for your information, ArcoirisCoupons Very Happy
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know anything about a Facebook movie. The book is a serious piece of writing and wasn't meant as a guide to using Facebook, but after reading about the company I want to collect my thoughts in a day or two and write out ways that we need to be thinking about and using Facebook.

By the way. If anyone is puzzled by the poke button, it doesn't really mean anything than more or less saying hi to folks.
birdsongbooks

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Moonwishes, I look forward to hearing your thoughts. So, the "poke" just says "hi". Guess it's just much faster than sending a message that says "hi"? Laughing

My son tells me my store page is not linked anywhere on my personal page, it just shows up on the "Likes" section. I thought it would be more visible but I see I will have to do more promoting. I hesitate to do so since my personal page is used for a cause (dog and cat rescue) and I don't want to be considered a "spammer" and blocked. As it is, I self-promote only about once a week, and try to cross-promote only pet related items because of this. Wish I'd known more about it before I started, I would have set things up the opposite way around.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you could make up a page for the dog and cat thing and switch over to using your personal page for you. I think you are allowed more than one business type page.
birdsongbooks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an idea, when things slow down at the shelter I may give that a try. Smile
fairearthpapergifts

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son tells me my store page is not linked anywhere on my personal page, it just shows up on the "Likes" section. I thought it would be more visible but I see I will have to do more promoting. I hesitate to do so since my personal page is used for a cause (dog and cat rescue) and I don't want to be considered a "spammer" and blocked. As it is, I self-promote only about once a week, and try to cross-promote only pet related items because of this. Wish I'd known more about it before I started, I would have set things up the opposite way around.[/quote]

If you post an update on your personal page, and attach a link with it to your facebook store page, that link will then be stored in your "links" section. You can then move that links box to your profile page, so that your links are easily visible. I just did this.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right after reading the book about Facebook, I received a book to read for an Amazon review in using social media to make money that I just finished last night. Trying to find the time to put together some ideas that will help each of us to use FB to promote our stores.

Never enough day for all my things to do!
neweratradingpost

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Right after reading the book about Facebook, I received a book to read for an Amazon review in using social media to make money that I just finished last night. Trying to find the time to put together some ideas that will help each of us to use FB to promote our stores.

Never enough day for all my things to do!

I hear ya. Not enough hours in my lifetime to do all I need to do.

Can't wait for you to post your ideas! Thanks!

Jeannie
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Facebook is now showing me the amount of impressions on my facebook page when I post something from my store. I like that!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: