eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Are Google Searches not working for Ecrater stores?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
auntiem

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Are Google Searches not working for Ecrater stores? Reply with quote

Hi, all,
Has anyone else noticed a difference in Google searches for their products since about the third week in Oct.? Everything was fine until around the 22nd and then my items were MIA. Even though I take Google checkout, my store was not showing up in that list either. Also, I noticed there were no other Ecrater stores showing up either, like they had before.

Wondering what is going on,

Martha
at Auntie M
http://auntiem.ecrater.com/
Unique Vintage Collectibles, our specialty.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They seem to be dominated by eBay or were last time I looked.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked one item from your store that I would have expected to see in several shops. I searched for Avon Maple Leaf Pin in the regular Google search. The first link was their Shopping link with 3 options listed. The second option was from eCrater - auntiem and the 3rd option was from eCrater - viewfinder! I then clicked on shopping and 3 out of 10 on the first page of 2 pages were from eCrater.

In order for your store to show when the box for Google checkout is checked, you have to have the Google shopping cart icon. When I clicked the box there was only one item shown, the pin in eCrater - viewfinder.

There is a way to request the Google shopping cart icon, but I don't remember where. Somewhere here in the forum there was a discussion about it and I remember ACRead posting info about it. I know you have to have had sucessful google checkouts with feedback to make the request.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also, I noticed there were no other Ecrater stores showing up either, like they had before.

I looked in my analytics for my busiest store and I've had 1,392 visitors from 10/22 to 11/17 that came from Google, so I find it hard to believe no ecrater stores are showing up in Google.

I just did a Google Shopping search on "mukluk slippers" and two ecrater stores showed up in the list of stores on the left. Ebay wasn't mentioned at all.
auntiem

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I take Google checkout and have a few reviews, search for my items is not showing consistenty under Google shopping. Maybe I just don't have enough reviews.

Maybe I have to buy some Ad Words like Ebay did. Of course, they are not showing under Google checkout stores because they don't allow Google checkout.

oh, well.

Martha
at Auntie M
http://auntiem.ecrater.com/
Finding Unique Vintage Collectibles, our specialty.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any reviews in Google for the store of mine I was checking on. Because I just started taking Google checkout this week. In fact, when I looked, it didn't even say I took it yet because a new feed hadn't been uploaded yet. Still shows up. I also have never used a Google ad.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

auntiem
out of curiousity I searched
Antique Glowacki Pharmacy Label Chicago
in both google products and google shopping
your item is there

Google search =
http://www.google.com/search?q=Antique+Glowacki+Pharmacy+Label+Chicago&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1#q=Antique+Glowacki+Pharmacy+Label+Chicago&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbo=u&tbs=shop:1&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wf&fp=9eed2febb018c21d
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auntiem & CheapSkirt, did either of you read my reply?? Rolling Eyes
SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
In order for your store to show when the box for Google checkout is checked, you have to have the Google shopping cart icon.
It is actually called the Google Checkout Badge

Here's a link to the topic where AC gave the directions to get the Badge if Google doesn't add it to your listings.
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=21438&highlight=shopping+cart AND The second link AC gave has additional info.

Here's a link to Google's help regarding the Checkout Badges. You do not have to use adwords to apply for the badge.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecheapskirt wrote:
I looked in my analytics for my busiest store and I've had 1,392 visitors from 10/22 to 11/17 that came from Google, so I find it hard to believe no ecrater stores are showing up in Google.
Are these stats from Google or Google Shopping? The topic is regarding Google Shopping which is based on the feed provided by eCRATER.

I find the number of visitors to all my stores from Google main Search is 2 to 4 times greater than the number of visitors I get from Google Shopping.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auntiem & CheapSkirt, did either of you read my reply?? Rolling Eyes
In order for your store to show when the box for Google checkout is checked, you have to have the Google shopping cart icon.
It is actually called the Google Checkout Badge

Here's a link to the topic where AC gave the directions to get the Badge if Google doesn't add it to your listings.
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=21438&highlight=shopping+cart AND The second link AC gave has additional info.

Here's a link to Google's help regarding the Checkout Badges. You do not have to use adwords to apply for the badge.

Im not sure why you are addressing me as I did not ask any questions about Google checkout badges. I was simply disputing the assertation that only people using Google checkout show up in Google shopping.

I never once said anything about using adwords to apply for a badge. I was simply stating that I get traffic despite paying for google adwords. It can be done.

But there is a Chinese Proverb that says "those who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those who are doing it". So you keep blabbing here about how customers aren't seeing ecrater sellers, while I have a LOT of packages to ship. Bye.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: