eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Re: How to OPT-OUT of eCrater.UK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
squeezeplay

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: How to OPT-OUT of eCrater.UK Reply with quote

AmericanEdge wrote:
I noticed on another thread someone asked how to opt-out of listing on the eCrater.co.uk site.
The following will not remove your eCrater UK store but it will remove all of your products for sale.

Log into the Admin area of your store and Go to "Account > Options" and uncheck "Enable GBP currency"
and "Update"

Go to " More Options > Global Editor" and click "Add Global Action"
Select "Action > set UK price".

Your screen should look like this.

This will remove all products from you UK store. Your UK store will still be there but it will be empty.

If you ship products International in your US store, ignore the following:

If you do not ship International from your US store;
Go into the "Shipping Matrix" and remove any values entered for the United Kingdom. Do this first.

Next, go to the "Shipping Zones" and remove United Kingdom if it is checked.

Hope this helps.
ralph

Can someone please update the image in the tutorial? I have no idea what to do.

And, in the meantime, can someone explain what the image showed? UK buyers keep buying my stuff and I have to tell them I can't ship though eCrater because shipping wasn't paid for.

Thanks in advance.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila must be busy today as she is the one that always gives the good advice for things like this.

What you have to decide first though, is do you really WANT to get rid of UK buyers assuming they are paying the proper postage? Do you really want to get rid of your UK AND AUS stores? Our US stores are reflected in identical UK and AUS stores. But buyers, if you have shipping set up for them, can also buy through your US store. So there are several things that you have to deal with here.

The biggest is deciding for sure if you do or don't want to sell internationally or maybe just to Canada. Once you have made that decision then your question should be if you don't want to sell internationally, how to get rid of your UK and AUS stores and those buyers through your US store. BUT, if you do want to sell internationally then you need help in setting up the shipping correctly.

So those that are to help you need to know the yes or no of selling, and if the answer is yes, then we need to know what shipping system you are currently using. If you are using the Matrix for all your shipping that is fairly easy to set up (it is what I use). The calculated or fixed price ones others might be more familiar with them and I try to never give advice about them.
squeezeplay

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:

Sheila must be busy today as she is the one that always gives the good advice for things like this.

What you have to decide first though, is do you really WANT to get rid of UK buyers assuming they are paying the proper postage? Do you really want to get rid of your UK AND AUS stores? Our US stores are reflected in identical UK and AUS stores. But buyers, if you have shipping set up for them, can also buy through your US store. So there are several things that you have to deal with here.

The biggest is deciding for sure if you do or don't want to sell internationally or maybe just to Canada. Once you have made that decision then your question should be if you don't want to sell internationally, how to get rid of your UK and AUS stores and those buyers through your US store. BUT, if you do want to sell internationally then you need help in setting up the shipping correctly.

So those that are to help you need to know the yes or no of selling, and if the answer is yes, then we need to know what shipping system you are currently using. If you are using the Matrix for all your shipping that is fairly easy to set up (it is what I use). The calculated or fixed price ones others might be more familiar with them and I try to never give advice about them.

Thanks! I really have more problems than just this. Do you think you could help me with my Shipping Matrix by phone? You seem pretty knowledgeable and I'm stumped about the Matrix in some very important aspects.

If so, lmk and I'll give you my contact info.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could, but I have severe arthritis and talking on the phone holding the receiver and I don't get along so well. I'll try to see what I can do on paper for youthis w/e as I have to move on to TAXES now!
squeezeplay

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:

I wish I could, but I have severe arthritis and talking on the phone holding the receiver and I don't get along so well. I'll try to see what I can do on paper for youthis w/e as I have to move on to TAXES now!

No problem. I will figure it out, thanks :^)
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to remove items from the UK and AU marketplace is listed step by step in the admin guide located here. http://www.ecrater.com/help.php?faq_gid=3

It is the last section on the page

Remove items from UK and AU marketplaces

By default, items are listed in the AU and UK marketplace unless the seller removes them.
Remove the products from the Australia Marketplace
1. Click on “Store Options” to access the options page.
2. Check the box “Do not auto convert prices in other currencies”.
3. Click “Update”.
4. Click on “Global Editor” to perform a global action.
5. Click “Add Global Action”.
6. Select “All Categories” from the drop-down menu for “Apply to”.
7. Select “Set AU price” from the drop-down menu for “Action”.
8. Select “Delete” from the drop-down menu for “Operator”.
9. Click “Add”.
10. The global action will now be pending.
11. Allow it to complete. When it is completed a green check mark will display.

Remove the products from the UK Marketplace
1. Click on “Store Options” to access the options page.
2. Check the box “Do not auto convert prices in other currencies”.
3. Click “Update”.
4. Click on “Global Editor” to perform a global action.
5. Click “Add Global Action”.
6. Select “All Categories” from the drop-down menu for “Apply to”.
7. Select “Set UK price” from the drop-down menu for “Action”.
8. Select “Delete” from the drop-down menu for “Operator”.
9. Click “Add”.
10. The global action will now be pending.
11. Allow it to complete. When it is completed a green check mark will display.

em
squeezeplay

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater-moon wrote:

How to remove items from the UK and AU marketplace is listed step by step in the admin guide located here.

Thanks! I did that.

Is there a way to delete a global action?

Also, I need to talk to someone about how the matrix works. Who would be the best person? It's not a single sentence kind of conversation. I have been trying to figure out who will help me with this for a long time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: