eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Can you list pick and choose lot types of sales?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
multipartmud1977

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:26 pm    Post subject: Can you list pick and choose lot types of sales? Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Yet another newbie here. I've read through at least 4 years worth of forum questions hoping to find an answer to this, but haven't so far.

The hubby collects insulators, and by collects, I mean hordes them. I literally have 100's in the back yard sitting in buckets, that many... Anyway, I'd like (with his permission of course) try and sell them off since they are getting popular for people making lamps and other stuff with them.

What I'd love to do is offer a lot of 4 or 6 depending on the size to fit in a flat rate box to save on shipping, but allow the buyer to pick out of the different styles and colors.

Example, lot 1 offer of 4 insulators, you can pick out of 10 different insulators. Hope that makes sense.

Anyway, is that allowed? I don't want to fubar in my first week!

Thanks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is allowed, but NOT recommended! There is no way on eCRATER to really handle what you are wanting to do except list one insulator with a quantity available that you choose, for example quantity of 10. Then when the customer orders 10 they will have to send you an email to tell you which 10 they want. You will need to show photos of all 10 and a lot of buyers will see that photo of 10 and think they are getting all 10 for one money. A lot of buyers don't read, they just buy what's in the picture. Rolling Eyes Or you could post 10 pictures with a label of 1 to 10 then you could remove the photo as each one sells. Either way, you have to play email tag with the customer.

You will be better off listing each one by itself. You could post a note at the end of your description that if they purchase other insulators at the same time they will receive a postage refund if they can be shipped together. Just make sure your comment is related to the item being sold rather than a boilerplate comment.

Also, listing each one by itself will greatly increase the number of items in your store which the search engines like.
multipartmud1977

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much. I figured as much. Makes loads of sense to boost the number of items in the store. Certainly not looking to make any money on them, but want to reduce the number that we have so I hopefully don't have to move with them AGAIN in 2 years.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Sheila. You don't want to sell anything that requires a customer to tell you size, color, amount, etc. It could take weeks to get the order figured out and by then they are complaining that they haven't gotten the order yet, of course, they were the ones taking forever to answer yur emails!

This sort of situation can be where the matrix can shine for you so that the combined shipping will come out right if they buy 1 or 100 of these things. I don't know what kind of shipping you use, but the matrix is great for figuring shipping with multiples of the same thing.

By the way, I noted a couple of things that you might want to fix when I was checking your store to see I could figure out your shipping. In some of your photos, you have a penny placed in the photo to help show sizes. You might want to mention in your description that the penny does NOT come with the item up for sale, it is only to compare sizes. Also once you have finished your descritpion you need to stop adding infor about shipping, etc. Google sonsiders it boilerplate and could get you in trouble. At one point we were allowed to add it and then we were told to stop and remove it. I'm STILL removing it when I run into listings with it all these years later!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: