eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I miss my Ecrater!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When ecrater began submitting our listings as individual stores and not as one site ecrater,

HUH? your individual store is not submitted. The links to the items still go to the ecrater site not the store site.
As required by google the site has to submit as subs which is why the product listing on google shopping shows ecrater - your store name - and not just ecrater.

If everyothing you sell comes to a total less then (I think it's $12) you should look into using PayPal Micro instead of the regular PayPal. It will save you money in fees.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
likesthejewels

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you thought of creating categories for your music? When I looked at your home page, it looked like you would have to look at each individual piece of music whereas I might just want a certain kind. (Hope that makes sense as I am not a musician).
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She does have categories for her music if you click on categories.

I personally wouldn't bother selling anything for less than about $5+ SH and preferably around $10 or higher, but I'm selling actual inventory. You have to figure the time and human element here. Is this worth my time for the amount I'm charging? I can't see that even $1.25 is worth it, but you know your own situation and getting $1 once in a while is worth it to you to maintain the site.
sapphiremistsheetmusic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is something i thought up once i had enough of teaching...its a very long process learning how to read music and overwhelming especially for the adults

So I thought....why don't i take advanced/senior pieces and arrange them to suit the novice player

Each of my arrangements are made from scratch...and yes it is a lot of work...but once i finish a piece of music...its done...its mine...and I can sell it to as many people as are interested

Sometimes i get requests to do Disney music, Pop, etc etc but i decline because of copyright...and I wouldn't be able to resell it

So all of my music is pre 1923 which limits me but even so, there are a zillion pieces of music i can do....for instance...right now I am working on the entire Swan Lake Ballet for easy piano

Now I have to figure out how to get people to see my store.
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sapphiremistsheetmusic wrote:

Now I have to figure out how to get people to see my store.

You need to bring in your own buyers. Advertise, Promote, Promote and promote some more, then when you think you done enough, start over again.
sapphiremistsheetmusic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok can you give me some tips on how to promote...where to advertise etc etc?

(Most of the selling I have done is on Ebay and Amazon)
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I understand what you are doing I can make more intelligent comments. One is what you just expalined needs to be in each and everyone of your listings, that they have been arranged by you for piano players at whatever level. Then you need to find piano teachers and piano players to sell to. My hubby who also used to teach piano and now restores pianos, says that in his opinion it would be a fairly small market, so you really have to look for customers. You market by having a blog talking about piano, piano playing, piano music, etc with links to your store, you get a Facebook page and talk about the same thing with links to your store, you search FB, for the word piano and piano players and music, etc. and invite them to be friends, etc. Get on Twitter. Find music or piano forums where people talk about playing and leave comments and links. Lots of ways to promote. You also have to have composer names in the title simply because a person might remember a composers name but not the actual name of the piece. And you really need to make sure that the customers understand what you are selling. Raise your prices to at least $5. If it is worth selling, it is worth selling for some money especially as you don't have to charge postage. I don't know what sheet music goes for, but if you are selling to adults they will be inclined to see more value in something for sale for $5 than something for sell for 99 cents. Piano playing is generally a hobby and people spend money on their hobbies.
sapphiremistsheetmusic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonwishes....thank you for your tips....I have read and heard lately about how important social networking, facebook, myspace, twitter are in marketing and it scares the hell out of me

But I am sure I can learn slowly....i hope!! Everything in the cyberworld is changing so fast...what worked yesterday won't work tomorrow...its so overwhelming at times

Can I ask you what you sell? I really like the name of your store but can't find it on ecrater

Thanks for your help
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sapphiremistsheetmusic wrote:
Ok can you give me some tips on how to promote...where to advertise etc etc?

(Most of the selling I have done is on Ebay and Amazon)

You paid both ebay and Amazon a chunk for them to bring you buyers. eBay you even paid just in hopes that you might be able to pay them more to sell something. Not sure how you pay all these busiensses and still make any money with 99 cent items.
BUT
I suggest you read
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=4
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sell lots and lots of sewing patterns. If you want to see my store, just click on the little www logo under this post or click on here http://MoonwishesStore.ecrater.com
sapphiremistsheetmusic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent feedback score!!!!
sapphiremistsheetmusic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You paid both ebay and Amazon a chunk for them to bring you buyers. eBay you even paid just in hopes that you might be able to pay them more to sell something. Not sure how you pay all these busiensses and still make any money with 99 cent items"

I charge more oo Amazon and Feebay ...i only charged 99 cents on ecrater...but i decided last night to up it to $1.20
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh be brave and up that price even more! When I first started selling on line I was selling books and at times would run into books that seemed to have a higher potential value. The first few times that I charged $50 or more for a used book, I had to squeeze my eyes shut and type the numbers in as it made me a nervous wreck thinking who would pay that price and was I an idiot to charge so much. Then people started buying those items and it wasn't as hard after a while to charge what something is worth.

When I sold patterns on ebay, I would have the odd email from a 'customer' practically screaming at me for charging so much for patterns, but I knew my market and not only didn't budge but eventually raised my prices and I was still making as much if not more money. They have done studies about this and most buyers, except for the most frugal, want to or expect to pay more. It gives them bragging rights of a kind. Just my humble opinion anyhow! Very Happy
sapphiremistsheetmusic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK OK....when i start getting a little more business on ecrater i will up my prices!!

Do you ever sell on feebay? Holy Cow that site has changed....the amount of junky crap on there is unbelievable

Auctions aren't really the thing over there anymore but who can afford a store with the outrageous subscription fee plus the listing fee every 30 days

They sure get the traffic though but i seem to sell only the same few pieces over and over again:

1) Beethoven's Fur Elise
2) Canon in D
3) Clair de Lune
4) Rhapsody in Blue
5) Moonlight Sonata
6) Ave Maria

Meanwhile I've completed as of today 1100 pieces of music...but ebayers are only interested in those 6 pieces!!!
pegshandworkandstuff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Each of my arrangements are made from scratch...and yes it is a lot of work

how can you sell for .99 or 1.20?..gee's pp takes .30 plus 2.9%
you say its a lot of work making a arrangements but also think about how much time its taking to set up your store plus the time it takes to promote that store..your TIME should be worth more!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: