eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I miss my Ecrater!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many artists charge $1.25 & sometimes even a little more for their music but, 99 cents is usually the going rate. I do see what you mean. It doesn't leave much room for profit after PP takes their fees. My husband and I are part of a fast growing rock band (whose name shall remain unnamed for my privacy). We charge 99 cents per song but, we do not sell music using paypal as a payment method, we sell manufactured CDs, and Mp3s through Amazon, Rhapsody, itunes, and several other sites. There are no paypal fees but there are management fees so we only get around 60 cents too by the time the fees come out.

I know you all think that 99 cents is a waste of time but, even the most famous bands only end up getting 30 to 60 cents per song after they pay their fees for management and to the mp3 companies. The money they make is made from sales of concert tickets, merchandise, autograph signings etc. I was thinking about selling some of my instrumentals since the money to be made is relatively the same anywhere you sell it. I am in college too (something to fall back on) so, anything that helps bring in extra income is a plus.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Florida-House

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearcreekcreations wrote:
Many artists charge $1.25 & sometimes even a little more for their music but, 99 cents is usually the going rate. I do see what you mean. It doesn't leave much room for profit after PP takes their fees. My husband and I are part of a fast growing rock band (whose name shall remain unnamed for my privacy). We charge 99 cents per song but, we do not sell music using paypal as a payment method, we sell manufactured CDs, and Mp3s through Amazon, Rhapsody, itunes, and several other sites. There are no paypal fees but there are management fees so we only get around 60 cents too by the time the fees come out.

I know you all think that 99 cents is a waste of time but, even the most famous bands only end up getting 30 to 60 cents per song after they pay their fees for management and to the mp3 companies. The money they make is made from sales of concert tickets, merchandise, autograph signings etc. I was thinking about selling some of my instrumentals since the money to be made is relatively the same anywhere you sell it. I am in college too (something to fall back on) so, anything that helps bring in extra income is a plus.

I do not think it is a waste of time. Very Happy You do not have to do the shipping and handling with a download. Sometime Volume is better than a higher price.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: