eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

rss feed
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cabochons

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Thanks again Aspen,
I read the info and found another site also with RSS readers at
http://www.rss-specifications.com/display-rss.htm
, have you seen any increase in traffic from using this new typ of feed?

I was thinking perhaps of offering it in a signature in a yahoo group for anyone who might be interested in using my products.

Appreciate the assist,
have a good weekend.
JM
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
WorkmansWood

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: rss feed Reply with quote

I asked this in another thread.
Quote:
Has anyone found a "user/dummy friendly" set of instructions on how to make your RSS feeds have a picture, etc?

I saw on RSSAuction Feed how someone listed several items with a pic and a desciption. You could click on a buy now button and purchase it from that listing. Does anyone know how to do that? Rolling Eyes

Thanks
Rosemary
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'd like to know that as well. Could it be just a feature offered with that particular site?

I'm currently (slowly) building a site using Joomla and it's got a feed feature that will let you choose between just text or text and images -- so maybe that person's images included their Buy Now buttons too? Hmm...
rowsofclothes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: rss feed Reply with quote

WorkmansWood wrote:
I asked this in another thread.
Quote:
Has anyone found a "user/dummy friendly" set of instructions on how to make your RSS feeds have a picture, etc?

I saw on RSSAuction Feed how someone listed several items with a pic and a desciption. You could click on a buy now button and purchase it from that listing. Does anyone know how to do that? Rolling Eyes

Thanks
Rosemary

Again, Ive tried two newsreaders and I loaded up my ecrater listings and they show these features. They show pictures and buy it now buttons already. Smile Ive used Sage which is a plugin for Firefox and FeedDemon which is a standalone RSS newsreader.
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thread! This is the easiest RSS feed creator out there, shareware, meaning it's free a while, then you have to pay an annual license fee:

http://feedforall.com/

Once you create the feed, you have to host it somewhere online - anywhere is fine, since all the links will lead to wherever the feed points to - like your ecrater store. Host the link somewhere on a free hosting site, or on your own godaddy account. You can always use the (finally!) newly re-opened Zeeblo free hosting:

http://zeeblo.com/

Once you get the feed formatted, and up on the server, go ahead and submit the RSS link all over the place, here's a comprehensive directory of places to submit it:

http://www.rss-specifications.com/rss-directory.htm

Just keep in mind...it's all about those incoming links to your ecrater store, and your own RSS feed can help you get those links!
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eleganza, would you do me (us!) a favor and post your above post in that big thread about promoting eCrater stores?

That's thread is one-stop shopping for that kind of info and it'd be great to not have to look for those links again when I'm ready to actually use them.

I'd appreciate it!
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
eleganza, would you do me (us!) a favor and post your above post in that big thread about promoting eCrater stores?

I took care of it!

Was worried that eleganzajewels might not think to look back here.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, BT!
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TU, BT. And you're quite welcome, PS
rowsofclothes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice links eleganzajewels. I have also found some more stuff on RSS feeds. There is a site out there called feedburner. You dont have to mess with your RSS feeds. You just copy and paste your RSS links from ecrater into the site. There are a bunch of options also on here and gives you code to paste to blogs, your own web site, and email to customers, etc. You can check out one of my feeds here and see what it looks like.

link

Checkout the site here.

http://www.feedburner.com

Make sure you sign up first. Its at the top of the page.
demotifcollections

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: rss feed Reply with quote

ecrater wrote:
Icon for rss feed has been added in all screens that show listings (browse, search, advanced search and filter)

Hi I am the first time user of RSS data feed. I would like to know if we can add more columns in our excel sheet, like product desc, size, Item no etc

Thanks

Demotifcollections
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

demotifcollections - check your private messages - I think you are confusing the RSS feed with the bulk lister.
htstore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use feedburner as well. They do have a ping service also.

I realize we are NOT doing videoblogs here, but if anyone is more of a visual learner I found this video a couple of years ago. I have a personal blog, and at the time I wanted to add video to it. LOL That was before I knew about youtube! They had one video dedicated to adding a RSS feed!

http://www.freevlog.org/index.php/2007/03/19/8-get-an-rss-feed/

It tells in some ways what a RSS feeder is, and how people use it.
Againandagainvintage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can somebody please tell me step by step what I have to do to get my inventory into this RSS feed? I have a bad case of ADD when I try to understand all this website stuff. It just doesn't compute.
aspencounty

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Againandagainvintage wrote:
Can somebody please tell me step by step what I have to do to get my inventory into this RSS feed? I have a bad case of ADD when I try to understand all this website stuff. It just doesn't compute.

When you create your categories and add products, a RSS feed is automatically generated for you. Look for the orange RSS icon at the bottom of any category page.

Here's a feed from your Men's Vintage category:

http://againandagainvintage.ecrater.com/rss-cat.php?cid=389371
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: