eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

having problems posting my pictures of the items i sell

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rareandunusual4less

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: having problems posting my pictures of the items i sell Reply with quote

when i go to brose and get the jpeg or pic file it goes into the first block then when i go to put a pic in the second block the first one disappears . i need help on how to get multiple pics of my items so buyers can see them?? any help would be graetly appreciated thank you

frank
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On your admin page are you clicking on the camera icon to add more pictures? In this area you can upload up to 10 pictures but you must be in this area.
rareandunusual4less

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i will try it from admin page and report back to you

thanks

frank
rareandunusual4less

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where is the admin page ?? i do not see a camera icon??
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you go to ecrater.com you will see tabs at the top of the page. Click on the sign up/log in page and when you log in you will be at the admin interface.
On the left you will see Navigation and under that Products. Click on products. Beside each of your products you will see icons. The camera icon is next to the G (google attributes) icon. Click on the camera icon there.
rareandunusual4less

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you so much for your help. i think i am getting it now. thank you again
rareandunusual4less

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am able to scan pictures now but they are getting cropped....how do i get a bigger picture put in? is there a setting somewhere??

thanks

frank
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way to avoid the crop, is to make your pictures square... IOW, add some white space to the canvas on whichever direction is the smallest. You would use some kind of editing program. I use photoshop, but it is overkill for this one kind of edit function.

This is not essential to getting the item to show correctly in the listing, but it does help it look better in the Gallery. This is very much a matter of personal preference.
rareandunusual4less

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do i see my pic in the gallery......is there a special way to get it in the gallery?
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what are you calling a gallery?
rareandunusual4less

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

read 2 posts above yours when i was told that it is better to show the picture showing good in the gallery so that is why i was asking the question...frank
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gallery must be the line of photos at the bottom of the home page, since that's where they get cropped down to square.

This discussion comes up every so often; I'm in the camp that doesn't sweat the square cropping. When you compare the amount of traffic that comes to your home page to the amount that goes directly to an item page from a search, a lot of shoppers never see that cropped square image. Your entire image with no cropping will show up just fine on the item page.

Of course, it depends on your items and how you take your photos, too. Even with the cropping, enough of mine show up on the home page to satisfy me. If you had a long tall photo of a model in a prom dress, she might come out looking very odd--just a headless midriff or something!

Just my $0.02!
Becky
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the gallery Cosmicray is talking about is the way items are presented in the search both in your store and on the main eCRATER site. If the seller uses the default of gallery OR the customer selects gallery, then the items are presented in a gallery.

I think a headless model might stand out from the crowd in the gallery .... Laughing Frank, it's really your choice. A lot of sellers don't worry about how it looks in the gallery and there is something to be said for peaking a buyers interest to click for a better view. Once the buyer is looking at the item, the pictures are presented in full.

If you click on this link, http://sheiladeesbooks.ecrater.com/filter.php?sort=date&keywords=&perpage=80 you'll see a gallery of my books where I've done square photos for some and others I didn't worry about it. Normally I have items presented in list form and the differences are not as noticeable. If you look at Cosmicray's store, you'll see an example of what is possible with great square photos in the gallery view. (just click on the www button below one of Cosmicray's postings.)
rareandunusual4less

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much!! your response really helped me. Now I can see full pictures...thanks again

Frank
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
I think the gallery Cosmicray is talking about is the way items are presented in the search both in your store and on the main eCRATER site. If the seller uses the default of gallery OR the customer selects gallery, then the items are presented in a gallery.

Yeah, if you go to any store, click on categories, then select one of the categories. The products will be displayed in the default mode that the seller has selected ('gallery' or 'list'). You can choose the alternate display by clicking on whichever one isn't being displayed (in the upper left corner).

'gallery' is the grid like display of the products in a category. If you have non-square images, they will be clipped/truncated in the gallery view (possibly also in the list view). I do not believe they are clipped/truncated on the product page tho.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: