eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

AuctionBytes: Sellers Choice Marketplace Ratings Results

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> eCRATER in the news
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wilbere

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: AuctionBytes: Sellers Choice Marketplace Ratings Results Reply with quote

From AuctionBytes: Sellers Choice Marketplace Ratings Results ... eCrater came in at #9 out of 16 in the survey; Artfire and Webstore.com came in #1 and #2 ... eCrater's highest marks were for Ease of Use (6.35) and its lowest marks were for Communication (5.22). For the eCrater results: http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abu/y211/m01/abu0279/s11 and for the full survey results: http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abu/y211/m01/abu0279/s02

To each his own! Surprised
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlike many of the other sites, ecrater never sends the sellers an email asking them to reply to the survey. Sites that do that, get their participates to vote therefore they rank better.
peachstategal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how Bonanza got in 7th place. I have tried to sell there twice and it was very confusing to me.
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the best use of this survey is information for the site owners. They should review the results and comments for their site, with an eye toward improvement. And read the comments for the other sites to see if there are ideas they could use.

As for the ranking -- this all seems beyond me. How you could use the opinions of 308 vs 1204 and rank sites just doesn't compute for me. It seems unfair to the sites with more responses.
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The surprise for me was Webstore and see that Bonz even with their promo legion didn't manage to beat this new players in the game.
shoppingnet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater never sends the sellers an email asking them to reply to the survey.
ZanesPlace

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always see webstore on top but I have listed on there and had very few sales and half of the sales the "buyer" never pays.

What I don't understand is that I get a lot of emails asking me if I am going to relist and item on Ebay. When I say no but that the item is available on eCrater, they say no thanks.

That just doesn't make sense to me. The price is always lower on eCrater also since I don't pay fees. Very odd.

Any speculation why that is?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Unlike many of the other sites, ecrater never sends the sellers an email asking them to reply to the survey. Sites that do that, get their participates to vote therefore they rank better.

This was a survey run by Auctionbytes/Ecommercebytes from the sellers that go to their site. Any of us were allowed to participate. It had nothing to do with a site sending the survey to their own sellers. I do believe we even had the link up for all sellers here to give their own feedback.

Quote:
I don't see how Bonanza got in 7th place. I have tried to sell there twice and it was very confusing to me
Most likely more Bonanza sellers responded. In the survery itself we graded ALL venues that we sold on or had sold on, not just one venue.

Quote:
What I don't understand is that I get a lot of emails asking me if I am going to relist and item on Ebay. When I say no but that the item is available on eCrater, they say no thanks.
Why not send them a url link to your listing of the item on ecrater? By the way, just so you are aware, the survey mentioned before and this topic are a year and a half old.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was my point back in January 2011
(why commenting now I don't get but)
Bonanza sent out emails to all the sellers on the site with a link to go vote
That's how they got 7th
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Tall my point was ecrater sellers also had a link there to go vote on it wasn't exclusive to bonanza. There are enough of us sellers that follow ecommercebytes that when something like this comes up one of us lets the rest of the community here know but we certainly can't email everyone. Not anyones fault if people don't go vote but the survey asked for our experiences on all the different venues of which I had sold on 5-6 of them. It doesn't ask just for a seller to only rate one site. I bring this up just in case they have the survey again, maybe more will vote!
ZanesPlace

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

. [/quote] Why not send them a url link to your listing of the item on ecrater?

I do.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zane - that is dumb on their part then. I know that I often get questions from potential buyers and only about 1 in 10 or 20 ever buy what they are asking about. I think from the point that they ask the question (say in the middle of the night) to when I can answer them in the morning, they have lost interest and wandered away. Most of on line sales I think are spur of the moment sales and it is easy to get sidetracked.

The other day I got an order in for 2 patterns with a note stating we need these quick for an event on such and such a day so please ship fast. However no payment was made. So I sent them an email about payment and promptly got a response that they didn't want them. Somehow something that had been of the utmost importance with a timely deadline had fallen out of favor, they either found it cheaper or decided to do something else. But that is an example of how fickle buyer's minds can work! So don't feel bad, unless they buy the item on ebay instead of ecrater, they maybe wouldn't have bought it anyhow. Rolling Eyes
ZanesPlace

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Moonwishes

I have had it happen several times. I have something listed on Ebay and it goes off without a bid and I'll get an email asking if I would relist it or relist it with a buy it now. I want to direct buyers over to eCrater so I let them know that I am not going to relist the item on Ebay but that it is listed on eCrater at a lower price due to now listing or commission fees, give them the link...and I'll and email stating "no thanks" or another request to relist it on Ebay. Just odd. Thanks for your input.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Big Tall my point was ecrater sellers also had a link there to go vote on it wasn't exclusive to bonanza.

Ecrater never sent out email after email to all registered sellers and buyer ( well seller only here because buyers don't register)
Bonanza did. Several times to remind them

I personally would never know about these things if people didn't post them in forums

Ecommercebytes is not something I read unless someone post something interesting and I've got time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> eCRATER in the news
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: