eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hit Counts in Admin Tool Revision
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patternstash wrote:
Thanks for sharing your experience. For my shop the dropoff in sales is dramatic. So far this month, 1 sale. It seems like my patterns are invisible. If there's no change, I might have to close the shop.

I have only had one also this month which is the lowest I've had since I started here (except right at the beginning). I got a memo from admin that it might be because some of my identifiers in attributes are missing but most of my items are used or vintage so don't have those numbers. Anyway I will not close my stores as it is bound to get better. As to the attributes I also sell on a couple of sites that don't require those and I find them in search. I also find my ecrater items in search but just no sales.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
patternstash

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone who responded. I'll hang in for now, but I see that my Etsy shop is doing ok this month, so I suspect something more is at work on ecrater than the downturn in the economy.
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patternstash wrote:
Thanks to everyone who responded. I'll hang in for now, but I see that my Etsy shop is doing ok this month, so I suspect something more is at work on ecrater than the downturn in the economy.

I am also wondering if it has something to do with the UK store. I don't have one and most of the people who have sold something has a UK store. It seems like things dropped off for me when the UK store option was added.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've frequently sold through the UK site to Americans. I think they find what they are looking for sooner at the UK site as I suspect currently it is more prominent in searches. doubt it will be that way forever so I'm happy to make hay while the sun shines. About 20% of my sales currently are through the UK site. I was surprised today to get an order from the UK through the US site. Most of last year my foreign orders were pretty much zilch so the increase is directly related to the UK site.
antiques-collectibles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Periwinkles wrote:
patternstash wrote:

I am also wondering if it has something to do with the UK store. I don't have one and most of the people who have sold something has a UK store. It seems like things dropped off for me when the UK store option was added.

I think it has something to do with it as well. I quit overseas shipping in 1998 when the buyers kept demanding I pay their taxes and stuff, and really were a pain. Now I don't want to send anything worth more than $10 overseas as I figure it isn't safe. If We are being excluded from sales because of the UK site it is a shame and will have to be dealt with one way or another.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If We are being excluded from sales because of the UK site it is a shame and will have to be dealt with one way or another.

You are not being excluded from sales because you don't ship international. Just at this point of time in the search engines, for whatever reason, the UK site seems to be getting noticed. This isn't that ecrater has control of or can do anything about. Certainly isn't being intentional to any one seller.

Its been a long time since any international order generated a query about marking the customs sticker as a gift or thinking we should pay their duty. I think now that selling and buying on line is so prevalent, most of the international buyers are aware that this is their responsibility.
antiques-collectibles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dealt with it this way.
Quote:
International purchases are possible using the U.S.A. based Package Forwarding Service of your choice at your expense. Most include the ability to pay me through their service.
I do not accept payment from or ship to foreign countries. Shipping is to confirmed USA addresses only.

I figure if it's worth shipping to another country it's worth doing it that way.
snowflakememories

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sales have dropped dramatically as well, from 3 - 4 a day to almost 0 starting around the second week of February.
In the past a search on Google of my products used to show several entries under the first page with the link to my company Snowflakememories.com and snowflakememories.ecrater.com, now it shows only one entry on the second page about an old obsolete page of mine that is not even linked to my home page.
Google doesn't return from the search any entry related to ecrater, but now zillions from ebay. from other sellers.
My feed to Google has about 1680 items , adding some item every week and I have no errors in the log.
The new Google search policy is killing my business.
JefferysJunction

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since ecrater accepts Google Checkout, Google is not going to do anything that would purposely diminish our sales. If ecrater sales go down, Google Checkout profits will also suffer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: