eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

UK selling questions
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GagGiftsRUS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: UK selling questions Reply with quote

#1 can I have just one category go to a UK store?

#2 how do I not show all the other categories?

#3 Currently I have the items at fixed shipping USA only
I would have to make them shipping matrix wouldn't I?

#4 Can I do fixed in the USA and shipping matrix for the UK?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have all the same questions.

I have items in every store that I don't want to fuss with figuring out shipping for them when they probably wouldn't sell outside NA anyway. On the other hand I have a lot of items I'd like to sell abroad and could for very little difference in shipping.

If I put 0 in for shipping in NA can I say put $3 in for UK shipping and show it as fixed? If I can't do that I have to edit every single one of my items that has shipping included.
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to have a UK store but don't want to mess with the matrix.
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the US store, if you mark an item for fixed shipping and then put nothing in, does it default to the matrix? Will it even let you check fixed shipping and not put in an amount. If it doesn't work in the US store, it won't work in the UK store.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure about #1 and #2 either, because all of the stores that I've looked at showed all categories and the ones not open to the UK were just full of zeroes for the items. And it doesn't look good (to me anyhow).

As far as #3, you are supposed to be able to select the USPS Calculator and choose ONLY international options, which leaves your US shipping options alone. Don't check anything in the Domestic box of the calculator. Of course, you would have to have the weights properly filled in the items. I have not read of any other way to do shipping to the UK, just the matrix or the calculator.

That probably is not what you needed to answer your question, sorry!
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what Dimitri says ...

#1 can I have just one category go to a UK store? How?
Yes, you can. Use the global editor and choose just this category when you convert the prices to GBP.

#2 how do I not show all the other categories? How?

Currently you cannot hide them. They will stay empty in your UK store.

#3 Currently I have the items at fixed shipping USA only
I would have to make them shipping matrix wouldn't I?

No, you don't have to change this on a product level. UK is treated as international destination so it is treated as a foreign country. So just fill out the shipping matrix. Alternatively you can use the USPS calculator but it will replace your flat rate shipping.

#4 Can I do fixed in the USA and shipping matrix for the UK?

Yes, please see answer #3.

I know I have had several emails from shoppers about my
BigTallMensClothing store that shows up on UK as empty. Buyers that
always purchased from me via email think I have gone out of business
when they see that. I have had a huge drop in emails to sell UK since
this all started. I wish the stores that don't sell to UK simply didn't show there at all.

This is not an option for now. I will be revising the UK integration (adding more features) so all feedback is welcome.

The main advantage of using ecrater.co.uk is that you will get additional traffic
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks BigTall.

Now lets say in my Lives and Loves store, I want to ship jewelry, scarves and hankies to the UK. They are in self contained categories so that part is easy, but while I am setting up my UK store do I have to put my .com store on hold while I do it, or will my UK store be on hold until I make it live?

Do I have to change every price to pounds or can I just enter a one pound = x US $ and the system will take care of the rest?
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your UK store is live immediately when you click it .. I beleive.

You can change the price by category using the global editor
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
Your UK store is live immediately when you click it .. I beleive.

You can change the price by category using the global editor

But not everything in a category is the same price. So does each one have to be edited or can I enter the exchange rate and ecrater does the rest automatically?
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But not everything in a category is the same price. So does each one have to be edited or can I enter the exchange rate and ecrater does the rest automatically?

You enter the percentage you want it adjusted by.
Most appear to be using .656 or some as low as .62 - you decide what works for you.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaggietheCatsMeows wrote:

Now lets say in my Lives and Loves store, I want to ship jewelry, scarves and hankies to the UK. They are in self contained categories so that part is easy, but while I am setting up my UK store do I have to put my .com store on hold while I do it, or will my UK store be on hold until I make it live?

When I did mine, I just did one category as a test to see what would happen. It did not appear immediately, but I gave it a couple of hours and came back and my one category was populated at the UK store; the other categories were showing zeroes. Then I ran the editor again and selected All categories and when I checked later, my whole store was populated. Everything looked "live" and I don't know of any way to put just the UK store on hold; I guess they would both be on hold.

Quote:
Do I have to change every price to pounds or can I just enter a one pound = x US $ and the system will take care of the rest?

All of your selected items will convert at the same time. If you add new items in the future, try using the Copy feature instead of starting from scratch with Add New Product. If you Copy an item that is already in your UK store, the new item will automatically go there, too, and you won't have to run the editor every time. Just be sure to fill in the pounds price along with the dollars price.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you put your store on hold while doing the UK stuff, your Uk and US sites will be on hold. Once you make your store live in the UK, it goes live pretty quickly. I sure hope you can get it figured out so your sales might start up again.

Currently I'm using 0.655 as my conversion rate. It is a tad high, but I have noticed PP seems to be taking extra at times that I can't figure out where it is going when I run the numbers. Don't forget ecrater does the conversion on the shipping, so be sure that amount you set is sufficient. Don't try for exact as you may regret it. My feeling is those that use the UK site see all the charges and agree to pay them so even if you get a little more than you would on the US site, there is no cause to refund unless you have some shillings or pence hanging around the house Very Happy
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
PP seems to be taking extra at times that I can't figure out where it is going when I run the numbers.

Payments made with international cc will cost you more.
SOMETIMES the cc will also charge the cc owner if they have to convert to USD.
SOMEONE is going to pay for the convertion - the seller or the buyer - depends on their card and where it was issued.

I used to buy from a seller in Hong Kong and everytime I used by PP debit card, PP charged me - the buyer an international fee. When I started to pay with my funds in my PP account - then I the buyer, don't get paid.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No that isn't what I meant. PP shows how much each item is in the GBP and tells us what the conversion rate is. I check each and every order and sometimes the numbers just don't come out. Sometimes there can be up to 5 cents missing and not accounted for. I check the sold price, the shipping price, the fee charged and convert them to USD and can see what they said they gave me in in USD and there is a difference at times no matter how I run the numbers. I finally decided whatever it is and wherever it disappears to it is a PP fee so that is where I tack it on in my paperwork. I find it odd is all. I like doing math and it relaxes me so I don't mind trying to figure things out, but PP has a weird way of doing arithmetic.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
No that isn't what I meant. PP shows how much each item is in the GBP and tells us what the conversion rate is. I check each and every order and sometimes the numbers just don't come out. Sometimes there can be up to 5 cents missing and not accounted for. I check the sold price, the shipping price, the fee charged and convert them to USD and can see what they said they gave me in in USD and there is a difference at times no matter how I run the numbers. I finally decided whatever it is and wherever it disappears to it is a PP fee so that is where I tack it on in my paperwork. I find it odd is all. I like doing math and it relaxes me so I don't mind trying to figure things out, but PP has a weird way of doing arithmetic.

out of curiousity ... can you give us an exact example
I'm very interested
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: