eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

a payment gateway service that does not require bank account
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hobbiesanddreams

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: a payment gateway service that does not require bank account Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a payment gateway that does not require a bank account. Paypal has locked me out after 5 years of use due to my hitting a sending limit, that I could not have possible hit even after 5 years of service and the only way to remedy this is to add a bank account, I do not want a bank account for any reason ! google check out is the same, the only way to get paid is through a bank account..... anyone.....anyone....??? Rolling Eyes
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Does anyone know of a payment gateway that does not require a bank account.

You can't use them here if someone does know one (it's against the terms of the site).

No sure how you can have a business without a bank account.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am cautious about connecting bank accounts to online payment services also but know that no reputable service will give you an account without a bank account as back up.

I opened an account just for PP and GC deposits. As soon as there is money in it I transfer it to another account. That way if there is a problem and one of them chooses to free my account, there is never more than a few $$ for them to freeze.
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good accounting practice to not mingle your personal funds with your business funds. So a separate bank account just for PP and google is the correct way to go if you are running a business.

At one time, I had the business account in a different bank from my personal accounts. That way PP could access only the business account funds.

Banks around here are always offering free checking accounts. Yes, you have to provide a SS number (that's a Homeland Security requirement).
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point is the original poster doesn't want a bank account. Strange in this day and age but I can think up a few scenarios as to why. I know of no gateway payments that you don't need a bank account for unless you just buy and send PO money orders that can also be cashed at the PO.
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My merchant account is not tied into my bank account- but you can't use it here at EC. I can offer phone processing as well as send invoices just like with PP and GCO. http://propay.com/
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frillypad wrote:
My merchant account is not tied into my bank account- but you can't use it here at EC. I can offer phone processing as well as send invoices just like with PP and GCO. http://propay.com/

then how do you get your money??
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my money is put on a CC - which I use it for all my business expenses. I can get payouts with a check.
vintageinterestnmore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Propay still work that way frillypad?
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@vintageinterestnmore
Do you know that you just responded to a 3.5 year old thread ?
vintageinterestnmore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, as a matter of fact I did. I know that frilly still exists somewhere between the continental US and Hawaii. I just wondered if she was still using it and if there were relevant changes.
vintageinterestnmore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just trying to check a little bit on alternatives to Ppal with their 180 day thingy coming into play.
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it is an old topic.

Just get in mind. Propay isn't supported by eCrater. You can only use it for direct order by e-mail or phone.

I was using Propay eBay account for sellers during the last 2 years. In that account you pay $5 annually and it is only works as alternative checkout for eBay. I never receive a payment or any buyer ask for it. Obviously is hidden in the eBay checkout.

About Gateway. Get in mind. You will pay a monthly or annual fee. I don't know the details, but like frillypad said. It works for merchant account. But I don't consider it a PayPal alternative.

About the 180 days. The issue is because PayPal is losing money against the credit cards that offer 180 months to their clients. It isn't needed to be a genius. Also another thing is the split from eBay and PayPal. They want to throw the debt to eBay. And one more thing. Because technically PayPal is the standard to any online payment. Be ready to see a copy-paste of the rule from other "Alternatives" of PayPal.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just open a free checking, and slap 20 bucks in it, all though if they suck out too much beyond your current balance it's your fault for the sleez bag government allowing such high bounced check fees.

Otherwise it would be just as if you didn't have a bank account, just keep some activity in case the bank, again, sucks out a fee,for inactivity.

Assuming you are doing this as personal income and report your income, unlike a business account, or have employees.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I had to hook up to my bank account for accepting bankcards, I got an AmEx Serve card. You can get number that acts like the routing and account and it works just fine. Only$1 a month unless you get automatic payments that add up to $100 (I think) It is just a debit card, comes in handy when buying supplies and such.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: