eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Second Hand Items
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DLTInc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Second Hand Items Reply with quote

I am trying to be dilligent in doing my research but my questions is...can we sell second hand items on ecrater? Thanks in advance.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is why there is a button when listing to say if the item is used Very Happy I would be sure though, that whatever you are selling used, such as clothing, is clean. Used items here are books and antique items, etc. so lots of the stores have used things.
caljackscollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can sell 2nd hand things. All my items are used. Besides being clean. Be detailed in description to indicate how used, meaning what kind of wear? any tears, chips, etc.
GoddessCosmetics

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure your item is in mint condition before you list. Take closeup pictures and list a detailed description of the item. Listing items that are not in good condition is just asking for trouble. I always inspect again before I ship something to make sure I did not miss a defect. Good luck to you!
Donna
jigsaw-puzzle-palooza

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoddessCosmetics wrote:
Make sure your item is in mint condition before you list. Take closeup pictures and list a detailed description of the item. Listing items that are not in good condition is just asking for trouble. I always inspect again before I ship something to make sure I did not miss a defect. Good luck to you!
Donna

IMO a very, very low % of "second hand items" are in "mint" condition. Describe the item accurately and take good pictures. You're asking for trouble if you say it's in mint condition and it's not.
GoddessCosmetics

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that you must have misunderstood what I meant. I didn't mean for you to lie and say it was in mint condition if it was not. I meant only sell items that are in good condition...no tears, rips or stains. If you sell items that have any of the 3 things mentioned above...you are asking for trouble from your buyers. After all I would not want to buy a second hand item with a rip or in need of repair. Many second hand items are in good condition with lots of life left in them.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jigsaw-puzzle-palooza wrote:
GoddessCosmetics wrote:
Donna

IMO a very, very low % of "second hand items" are in "mint" condition. Describe the item accurately and take good pictures. You're asking for trouble if you say it's in mint condition and it's not.

People selling used anything should really eliminate the word mint from their listing vocabulary. Even items you buy at store closeouts and outlet stores that still have the tags on will look like they have been handled, hung etc. Honesty reigns when you are writing your descriptions.
GoddessCosmetics

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on the individual item. One cannot assume that because an item has a tag on it or not it is in mint condition. If it is handled and handled and looks funky or dirty then it is not in mint condition and should be described as such. I sell many pre-owned items that are in great condition. My point was that I would not list anything that was used or new if it was not in very good condition. I throw away those types of items or give it to the Vietnam Veterans if it is still useable. Why would someone want to list old looking decrepid item or better yet why would someone want to buy an item in that condition?
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious why you would give not so nice clothing to vets. Seems they deserve nice things more than anyone.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without meaning to insult ANY of the clothing sellers, of the few I have looked at, I'm always surprised by the used clothing that is listed and at the price. For me it would be easier to donate wearable clothing to the thrift store than spend all the time taking photos, listing, measuring, and then waiting for the asking price. Since I know next to nothing about middle class name brands, seeing a name brand 'whatever' has no power to sway me into paying big bucks for a used name brand article. I'm not about to spend $5-10 and even much more for a used garment on line where I can't see. Even at yard sales, I have rarely ever spent $5 on something and never more than that. I probably got this way about clothing since most of my life I have made my own. Granted I do know the BIG name designers and understand that a used YSL skirt is going to run more than $5 used!

Twice I have tried to sell brand new clothing items including 'mint' women's jeans still in their factory plastic wrap. No go. The were listed for a year and I finally decided I would eventually wear them somehow so took them off. I will never have to buy a pair of jeans again, but I think I will eventually cut them up and make skirts out of them - hippy style. Thats back in again isn't it? Very Happy
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeans skirts never go out of style.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good to know Maggie since my own sense of style is completely my own!
viewfinders

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moon, I haven't worn a jeans skirts in years but celebs are still being photographed in them. You've got to have great knees and I don't mean just knees that function.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I USED to have great looking knees until the doctors started cutting into them! But as a woman of a certain age, I always wear my skirts below my knees. I don't mind explaining the scars to curious kids, but their parents get embarassed! Last night as I turned over in bed and felt the knee pain as I dragged my leg over, I realized next Friday night when I turn over it will be the surgical site hurting and hopefully the other pain will be gone-can hardly wait. Smile
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm amused at the judgment being passed on clothing sellers here. And that is all I'm going to say about that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: