eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google change & my sales
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kjscreations

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: Google change & my sales Reply with quote

I know there are a TON of new Google rule threads here and I'm sure the May sales thread is here too...
BUT.... since I made the attribute changes, I have had more sales in the last 12 days than I've had in a couple months!

I have no idea if it's all about the attributes or if someone slept with google but my sales are AWESOME! I was getting worried there for the last few months! I am getting a renewed love for ecrater again! So do make some of those changes as much as you can & see if it helps!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it! Very Happy
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is the sleepover, whoever it was must be good.
asset-liquidators

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our sales on eCrater have dropped to zero since the changes. Have all the attributes in place but makes no difference.
Things were fine until the changes, now it isnt even worth wasting time with ecrater. 16k on ebay so far this month, 3k on ioffer this month and zero on ecrater.... oh well...
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sure hasn't helped mine. I've always used the attributes so don't see how it could be that.
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was checking Froogle/Google. Now a lot of my items are covered under eBay items. Rolling Eyes
caljackscollectibles

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asset-liquidators wrote:
Our sales on eCrater have dropped to zero since the changes. Have all the attributes in place but makes no difference.
Things were fine until the changes, now it isnt even worth wasting time with ecrater. 16k on ebay so far this month, 3k on ioffer this month and zero on ecrater.... oh well...

Unfortunately it appears that eCrater isn't the site for you since you do so well elsewhere. I was on iOffer for awhile didn't sell. eCrater has been ok given what I sell. Haven't noticed any difference before/after the Google changes.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing Google Product searches yesteday I discovered all my items are there if I search for my store but....and it is a huge BUT, doing a non specific search, using 3 key words in the search line brought only eBay as results.

I did many searches always using 3 key words and the results were always the same; 5-10 pages of eBay listings before any other site came up once and even then half each page or more would be more eBay.

So...even though all my items are on Google, I don't have a chance in hell of making a sale unless I go to eBay which won't even happen if hell freezes over.
caljackscollectibles

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
Doing Google Product searches yesteday I discovered all my items are there if I search for my store but....and it is a huge BUT, doing a non specific search, using 3 key words in the search line brought only eBay as results.

I did many searches always using 3 key words and the results were always the same; 5-10 pages of eBay listings before any other site came up once and even then half each page or more would be more eBay.

So...even though all my items are on Google, I don't have a chance in hell of making a sale unless I go to eBay which won't even happen if hell freezes over.

I tried : Woven Lurex prong set crystals evening bag silver tone excellent vintage ll2538 and although it didn't appear in Google product search it did appear in the general search. Then I tried: Woven Lurex prong set crystals evening bag silver tone and it appeared in Google product search. Maybe you need to shorten your titles?
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't search for exact titles or even near exact titles. I use only 3 key words in idle searches because I want to see how quickly I appear in a search a potential buyer might do.

Google doesn't read the whole title but by offering a lot of key word in the title, my chances of being found by a buyer are greater. All the test searches I cited above are for general key word searches. I didn't search for this particular item but if I had I would have searched for "lurex crystal evening bag used."

If you search for exact title, all you prove to yourself is that your item is there. You don't know how far down the search you are. Odds of a shopper searching for your exact title is extremely unlikely unless it is a bare bones tech, book or media title.
caljackscollectibles

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat"]I don't search for exact titles or even near exact titles. I use only 3 key words in idle searches because I want to see how quickly I appear in a search a potential buyer might do.

Thanks for your input. Going to have to try that. Smile
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat, I was like you using 3 or 4 letters in the search. But like I said now the eBay items are over me.
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What ticks me off the most is the fact that the wepay items aren't even close to being compliant with all Google's rules!

The little guys are suppose to tote the line and look who gets all the exposure...Wepay! It is totally ridiculous when trying to do a shopping search. I searched the other day for a particular brand of jewelry- my first item was on page 14. My website has ALWAYS been in the sidebar for results- but not any longer. I have almost 100 pieces of this particular brand and have been kicked to the curb.
ILOVE2SHOP4U

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frillypad wrote:
What ticks me off the most is the fact that the wepay items aren't even close to being compliant with all Google's rules!

The little guys are suppose to tote the line and look who gets all the exposure...Wepay! It is totally ridiculous when trying to do a shopping search. I searched the other day for a particular brand of jewelry- my first item was on page 14. My website has ALWAYS been in the sidebar for results- but not any longer. I have almost 100 pieces of this particular brand and have been kicked to the curb.

Yep, between feebay, and amazon my rankings have dropped also. Looks more like an ebay alt site. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

You would think that the seller that take Google Payment would be given more of a priority.
mrcobaltblue

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Experiencing the same problems as everyone else. I used to be at the top of a Google search. Now on most items have to go two or three pages in to find my items. Selling stuff online just gets tougher every year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: