eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google indexes our category pages

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Google indexes our category pages Reply with quote

I was thinking I read in the forums that the search engines don't pick up the eCrater categories but I just found out that they do! Or at least Google does. I was doing a random search (for one of my items, I think) and came across a result for one of my categories.

Of course, the search terms I used weren't the same as the category name so I tested another by searching for my exact category title and it was the very first result on Google. So I tried another, same result!

Maybe everybody already knows this but I was pretty happy to make this discovery. Obviously, descriptions still need to be packed with keywords but I'm really glad to know the categories are picked up too.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes this is true.

BUT what sellers need to realize and remember is that the category is NOT part of the item search - therefore the keywords from the cateogry need to be a part of the listing itself.

All your text pages will show up on google also Very Happy
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out "cz wedding sets" on Google Surprised

Yer all invited to the party when I catch and pass the Ebay listings! Cool
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:

BUT what sellers need to realize and remember is that the category is NOT part of the item search - therefore the keywords from the cateogry need to be a part of the listing itself.

Absolutely. I like the fact though that if someone is searching for "cz wedding sets" that they'll see the category page first (as long as it's an exact match) rather than one item -- so they'll see that there's more than one item to check out. So it's like 20 item results in one!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: