eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

HELP : I am afraid of false

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kinkimjy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: HELP : I am afraid of false Reply with quote

in my store, google check out and paypal are my payment option, I list Ad IN CRAIGSLIST last month and I got a lot of reply from buyers. but the payment are money order, C.O.D. or certified cashier's check , i never done this before, are these as safe as paypal ?
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think PayPal is safe - I guess the answer is yes.

There is RISK in every payment where you sell online or have a brick & mortar store.

COD is costly - you pay UPS to collect the money when they deliver it. Then you wait up to 6 months to have UPS send you the money.

A certified cashier check and a money order are as good as the paper they are printed on. MEANING they could be stolen, copied etc, just like confeit cash - really no difference.

There is risk in credit cards too - no matter who you accept them through.

SO you just have to decide is it worth the risk to you or not.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
dahawaiiankinestore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I let customers who wish to pay by cashier's check know that their merchandise will not be shipped until payment clears my bank. I have the bank put the 5 day hold on it to make sure there's time for it to clear at the other end.

Also, I only accept postal money orders because you can take it to the post office to cash. They'll know right away if it's counterfeit.

I concur with BTMC that there is a risk no matter what. You do what you can to minimize the risk to you, but nothing is foolproof.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: