eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Is my store suspended?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DreamDesignBeMine

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:21 am    Post subject: Is my store suspended? Reply with quote

I recently opened an e-store and I am still working on it since it is part of my project for one of my courses at university. When I click on my different categories to see the products it sais "There are no items in this category". Does that mean my store is suspended?

Thanks for your help in advance.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks as if your problem is the designer names such as Chanel, etc. Those companies are very strict about sellers and distributors reselling their brands. The best you could do would be to provide receipts for your items to prove their authenticity, but frankly I think Chanel is one that is pretty vicious about it and it's hard to get that one in. Many "designer" items are actually knock-offs or counterfeits which are not permitted at Ecrater.

You can read the terms to sell here at http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php and decide how to proceed with your project.
DreamDesignBeMine

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your quick reply. I actually don't want to really sell anything. Creating an e-store is just a project for one of my courses at university and my professor just wants to see what the students' cocenpt is and how they design the store etc. And as a concept I chose to sell designer clothes at a discounted price. I don't know what to do now as it took me so long to post all pictures and design the store. I just started creating this store a couple of days ago. The project is due next week and I don't know how to fix this problem.
Do you think I should contact eCRATER?

Thanks for your help.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the one hand, as a retired teacher, I can appreciate the work you did and the time you spent on your project. On the other hand, while there may be sites that would be good to use as "sandboxes" to play with themes and ideas, Ecrater was a very bad one to choose. The selling standards here are much higher than at other sites and the tolerance for counterfeits and knockoffs is zero, not to mention that there are category moderators who swoop down quickly on anyone who crosses lines.

I would contact Ecrater and explain the situation and see if they will permit the store to remain till next week when your teacher can see it. Make sure the store is On Hold, so that no one can try to buy anything. I have no idea if they will permit using their site as an educational aid or not.

Good luck on your project! Very Happy
Becky
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You state in your about page that you sell outlet store merchandise. If you have receipts from the bonafide outlet stores you should fax them to eCRATER.

Without proof of authenticity you cannot sell designer items here. It also looks like you are using stock photos and you need permission from the designer to use those photos.
kjscreations

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreamDesignBeMine wrote:
Thanks for your quick reply. I actually don't want to really sell anything. Creating an e-store is just a project for one of my courses at university and my professor just wants to see what the students' cocenpt is and how they design the store etc. And as a concept I chose to sell designer clothes at a discounted price. I don't know what to do now as it took me so long to post all pictures and design the store. I just started creating this store a couple of days ago. The project is due next week and I don't know how to fix this problem.
Do you think I should contact eCRATER?

Thanks for your help.

The Terms of the site are that your items HAVE to be available for sale.
So if you are not really selling anything.... you do not belong on Ecrater.
That's all we need is a bunch of "fake stores"!
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing that out KJS. I think the other posters missed the line about not selling anything.

OP, If you don't actually intend to sell anything neither you nor your instructor have learned much about business ethics.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird class project. Would seem to be more educational to actually set up a store and sell actual products and then really be able to see how things work in real life. Your course sounds like one designed by the CEO of ebay! Someone that is running a company but hasn't been able to see how it works in the nitty gritty.

Good luck in school, but ecrater is not really the place for you as you do have to have actual items for sale and follow the rules and terms of the site. What your teacher will see is that you didn't which I would be more nervous about than the fact your store was supended, unless your teacher actually told you to use ecrater then maybe you can teach the teacher.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can not have a LIVE store - since you don't have the merchandise for sale.

just put the store on hold.
DreamDesignBeMine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much. I have put it on hold.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: