eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

email harrassment

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chorwath

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: email harrassment Reply with quote

Where do I report this?
Some guy has been emailing me threats because I didn't reply to his terrible English question.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was to do with eCRATER you can send the emails to admin. They need the complete header or whatever it is called. They might be able to block the person from using eCRATER. That will be their decision.

If the threats are serious and not just aggravating you can contact the police.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chorwath, the guy may have terrible English, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to answer his initial email. Your descriptions of your items are minimal at best and would raise many questions for me and I understand English.

Also you have several items in your store that you might want to rethink such as you welcome page saying all items ordered now will come after Christmas!?!? Also on your terms page saying you will take PP only if the customer pays the PP fee which you can't ask them to do nor can you enforce. GCO takes the exact fee and you apparently don't mind paying it although the same thing holds true with GCO, you can't ask them to pay the fee or enforce such a rule.
chorwath

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Chorwath, the guy may have terrible English, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to answer his initial email. Your descriptions of your items are minimal at best and would raise many questions for me and I understand English.

Also you have several items in your store that you might want to rethink such as you welcome page saying all items ordered now will come after Christmas!?!? Also on your terms page saying you will take PP only if the customer pays the PP fee which you can't ask them to do nor can you enforce. GCO takes the exact fee and you apparently don't mind paying it although the same thing holds true with GCO, you can't ask them to pay the fee or enforce such a rule.

I can't answer his email if I can't understand what is being said. To me it looked like a spam message.

I didn't realize I hadn't updated those pages. Thanks for informing me. Ecrater is so easy to use I usually don't need to update it very much. Embarassed
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 1rst language isn't English. It sounds so rude just not answer an e-mail because it is from a buyer that he/she doesn't the correct syntax or words in English. Maybe he/she is using a Internet translator. I know people that use translator and many are very bad.

Seriously when I see the title the word "harrassment". I believe that was something like somebody was sending "strange" e-mails to you like dating you to a dark alley or asking to buy all your inventory from a unknown place or something more strange. Shocked
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Seriously when I see the title the word "harrassment". I believe that was something like somebody was sending "strange" e-mails to you like dating you to a dark alley or asking to buy all your inventory from a unknown place or something more strange.

ROFL Me too!

I try very hard to try to figure out what emails ask even if the English isn't that good and if I can't understand, I tell them so or rewrite what I think they are trying to say and ask them if that is what they meant. We from the States with only English as our language need to understand that these people writing to us with English as a second language are probably smarter or more well educated than we are. I mean really how many of us can read or write Chinese, yet they read and write English.
chorwath

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I speak multiple languages also.
Unfortunately this email I received was so vague. He only sent one email question. I seriously thought it was spam. I think there was even a link in it. Then after a week he sent the harassment email.
Apparently his English in insults is pretty good compared to the one before. Rolling Eyes
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my email has a delete button
I use it it ALOT
chorwath

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
my email has a delete button
I use it it ALOT

Seems to be a good idea. Wink

Well I checked again & no this guy never did send me a question. Just sent me an insulting & threatening email.

The other one did have a spam link within it.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having an online presence carries risks just like driving a car or sending your kids to school. Having an email address that is accessible to strangers will open you up to spam and the occasional nutcase or pervert. There is really nothing you can do about it short of find some other outlet for your selling career.

Big tall is not the only one with a delete button on her computer. Unless the email is truly threatening and indicates they know where you live, just hit the delete button and never respond to the spam and nutters.

Compare it to someone flipping you the bird as you go down the street. Do you ignore them or pull out a gun and shoot them?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: