eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Should I ship or cancel the order? -- Need Advice!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bloomingfleur

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:20 am    Post subject: Should I ship or cancel the order? -- Need Advice!! Reply with quote

In the past three days, I've had the following:

1) Buyer buy's $50 + in items, goes through google check out and within less than a minute, CANCEL the order.

2) Next day, another buyer (different name on ship address) buys $50+ in items (VERY similar to the first batch). However, email addy is the same as Buyer #1. Safe to assume Buyer #1 is the same as Buyer #2.

Order was not cancelled, charged went through with google and is 'ready to ship' mode.

3) Received another order TODAY, Buyer #2 (same ship addy, HOWEVER, different email addy used for googlecheckout). Order did not through due to c/c denial. Have cancelled the order.

In the order that the order & charge went through, the AVS does NOT match, while CVV did pass with a long/ old account age.

I am a bit skeptic to ship the product out.

What do you think?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Should I ship or cancel the order? -- Need Advice!! Reply with quote

bloomingfleur wrote:

What do you think?

I'm thinking what you're thinking about skeptical. This is just my opinion...but I would not ship. I would cancel. $50 is a lot to lose (for me). Up to your explanation point 2, it sounded ok. But point 3 is weird. If you really need the sale and are willing to take a chance, that's up to you. But if this were my shop, I don't need the headache. There will be other customers in the future. There might be some perfectly innocent explanation...but this may also just be the appetizer for a full course of hair-pulling problems.

I hope it works out for you whatever you decide.
bloomingfleur

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With trying to save every dime every day, $50 is a good chunk of change I definately don't want to loose. However, the headache is definately not welcome.

I was reading the rules and regulation with googlecheckout. Since I'm new to selling on ecrater and accepting payments through googlecheckout, how do they handle charge back?

I notice that I get payouts nearly every other day or so into my bank account. If there is a case that comes up, and the balance in google is zero, what do they do? Draw from your bank account or just put a freeze in the money that's coming into the system.

In regards to feedback, with 21 items up in the air to receive feedback from this one transaction, what recourse can a seller have?
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bloomingfleur wrote:
With trying to save every dime every day, $50 is a good chunk of change I definately don't want to loose. However, the headache is definately not welcome.

Right. That's the dilemma we all face. And only you can decide what the risk of problems is worth to you. It's not worth it to me...but that's just me.

bloomingfleur wrote:
I was reading the rules and regulation with googlecheckout. Since I'm new to selling on ecrater and accepting payments through googlecheckout, how do they handle charge back?

Sorry I can't answer that. Haven't had a chargeback.

bloomingfleur wrote:
In regards to feedback, with 21 items up in the air to receive feedback from this one transaction, what recourse can a seller have?

If the customer bought all 21 items in one transaction, there will be only one opportunity for feedback from eCrater and one from GCO. I just want to make clear that it's not 21 separate feedbacks, altho there would be 21 items to find fault with or praise (I may be understanding you wrong).

Another option is to contact the customer and say something like you see there have been 3 separate orders in GCO...is there something you can help with? Or whatever. Maybe the response (if the customer responds) will help explain what was going on...or give you a sense of how solid this customer is.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Another option is to contact the customer and say something like you see there have been 3 separate orders in GCO...is there something you can help with? Or whatever. Maybe the response (if the customer responds) will help explain what was going on...or give you a sense of how solid this customer is.

I agree with this. With Google, you are supposed to ship within a certain amount of time when an order is cleared, but you do need to be clear about the order. The buyer may have just not understoood that the second time was the charm. I've never had a charge back either so I don't know how GCO handles them.

As to feedback, the ONLY order that can have feedback left on ecrater is the paid one and that is one feedback only. If negative feedback is left unfairly ecrater is pretty good at erasing it, otherwise though if a customer has paid for an order, you should ship. In this instance, you do want to be sure what is going on. You don't need to live in feedback fear here on ecrater and feedback left on GCO is different from ecrater feedback and is left even less than the 10-20% of customers that leave it on ecrater.
bloomingfleur

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decided to take your advice and call the number provide. Phone number is invalid/not in service.

I just cancelled the order and took the fee as the loss.

I have a strong feeling that the credit card that was used to purchase the item could be a stolen credit card.

So many red flags went up from the first transaction and THEN the third transaction.

This is my first on ecrater.

Thank you all for your insights.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Should I ship or cancel the order? -- Need Advice!! Reply with quote

bloomingfleur wrote:

The important thing to watch for is if GCO is giving you 'protection' on the payment/order. You can see this on your eCrater order page by looking for:

Eligible for protection: Yes

Eligible for protection: No

If you see No, then you should make a decision about how much the sale, or chargeback, might mean to you.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bloomingfleur wrote:
I just cancelled the order and took the fee as the loss.

Set your GCO account to do manual charge (instead of automatic). That will save you the fee next time you get in this situation.
bloomingfleur

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here's an update:

I cancelled the order due to the fact that the phone number was invalid when I tried to call and verify the order.

About ten minutes after the cancelation went through, I receive a phone call from the buyer, who verifies the address and the name.

I told her I'll make her a listing for all the items she purchased so she doesn't have to click on each and everyone of them again.

Sent her the link to the item and haven't seen any action from her part yet.

Cosmicray: Yes it was protected by GCO, however, the AVS did NOT have a match, but CVV pass. I can understand a reason why the AVS doesn't match, but when I have 3 transaction (to date) that all looked 'fishy,' I started to wonder.

We'll see if this transaction will go through or not. She hasn't made the purchase yet.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a GC seller account and a buyer account. My seller account in fine but the CC listed in my buyer account expired and I've never been able to upgrade or change it. I discovered this when I tried to buy something on eCRATER using GC to pay. It was embarrassing to say the least because no matter what I did, the transaction was declined by GC. I ended up using PP and after a few attempts to work my way through changing my GCO account, I gave up.

I keep this in mind whenever I get a GCO declined transaction or something doesn't match up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: