eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

HOW MANY SALES ARE YOU AVG PER DAY?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dehartconnections

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: HOW MANY SALES ARE YOU AVG PER DAY? Reply with quote

Im still "new "with ecrater still tryin to make that 1st sale I have 53 items & adding I know its really none of my business but tryin to get a grasp on what the avg store moves per day ON THE AVG ANY INFO WILL BE APPRICATED ----terry
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's so much a "none of your business" thing; I think it's just that all of the thousands of shops here are different and catering to different shoppers. Then you figure in the sellers themselves and how much time and work they put into the shops, how much time they can spend promoting, how many other shops they may have, etc.

I had no sales from April 28 till June 21 because I got irritated with the new attribute rules and decided to spend my time working at my other site, plus the rest of my life and my "real" job which got really lively for a while. Then life calmed down a little, and I started tweaking a couple of listings here, I tweeted a couple of tweets on Twitter, and within 24-48 hours I had a sale.

I could never give an avg per day, because I can't work this like the really good sellers do. Plus, it's summer which is slow time in my field and in others too, maybe.

I know it's maddening to wait for that first sale, but all I can say is to keep at it. Keep listing, tweet, Facebook if you do that (I'm not good at it but I have tried!), blog, leave links in forums and groups if they permit it. If you sell elsewhere, make sure they get your address here, maybe with an offer for xx% off their first order from your new store. Nothing that could be considered spam or anything, just good marketing.

All the best to you!
Becky Smile
dehartconnections

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi thanks Becky yes I have a face book type in dehart connections thats my store there plzz press like too will yu & plzz check it out & I do tweet some om my item desciptions --I know quite few people on face bok twitter I dont a lot about that --- talk to yu later -----terry
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go along with what Becky said. I looked at your store and it seems to be a lot of different items, so you get to really have fun marketing to all the different sorts of folks that might want your items. You might want to increase your listing titles as you are allowed 100 characters. the title is one of the things that will show up on search engines and you want people to understand what it is you are selling in one easy line.
dehartconnections

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks Moon wish are you talking about each title for each product that im posting?? whats not showing now on the titles?
dehartconnections

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are saying I should add more words into the title of each product to describe more words will get more into the search engines?
old-friends-media

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I noticed you listed a Cowboy Rooster Birdhouse - - but it says Out of Stock in the title.

Perhaps you should "hide" this item until you have it back in stock. A potential customer still has the ability to hit the Buy Now button on that item... and it would be unfortunate if your first sale was one you couldn't readily fulfill.

Otherwise, your store looks good. So it's just a matter of time.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this item
http://dehartconnections.ecrater.com/p/11801237/bless-this-home-candle

you have a lot of great features you could include in the title. Look at my underlined words.
It is a pillar candle.

It burns for 60 hours.

It is made of palm oil.

Make sure you aren't wasting any title space with / / /.

In your tech listings put the model number in the title. When I am looking for tech stuff, even though I have no intention of buying it on line, I check the model number on line to see if I am getting a good deal in the store.

As for how many sales per week any one averages. That is as different as asking a mixed group of people how many calories a day they consume.

If you are an artist selling paintings in the 1000s of $, you might sell one a year. If you sell .25 trading cards you might sell dozens a day if you are a good seller.
dehartconnections

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi ok thanks to both of yu really appriciate the adice I guess in time I may catch on to what key words to use in the title ------------Terry
elpereles

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My average this year in eCrater is 1.29 sales by month. Laughing
dehartconnections

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.29? thats transactions per month? thats what I meant to ask or are you talking about $1.29 in sales per month?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I think many of your listings need more key words in your titles. You are allowed 100 characters here, us them. Not all your titles fully explain what you are selling.

After looking at your stuff, it looks as if you are a dropshipper, or ordering out of a catalog and just using the title they gave you. If so, and obviously I could be wrong about that, you are competing against a whole bunch more people selling the exact same stuff and most likely with the same titles. To sell anything, your titles need to stand out and have the keywords so that is someone does do a search for a candle or whatever yours will match their search parameters.
dehartconnections

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi thank you I do check the ecrater store before listing products se how many & what others are charging & I do understand what your saying about the KEY WORDS im still learing about them--------Terry
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, 9 sales in 7 months is near 1.29 sales by month. Laughing
dehartconnections

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok I guess I dont feel so bad seems its very slow I think I was expecting 9 sales per day lol ok
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: