eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Has MY store Elz Auction House been suspended???? If so WHY

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Suspended Stores
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElzAuctionHouse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Has MY store Elz Auction House been suspended???? If so WHY Reply with quote

I've had a few people TRY and look at the items I have listed in my store -- BUT -- every time they click on one of my categories, they see the message "No items are listed"!!!! I have 179 items listed in my store!!! What's going on that NO ONE can SEE any of the items!!!???? HAS my store been "suspended"??? If so, I was NEVER NOTIFIED of this fact!!! I have contacted questions@ecrater.com about my items NOT showing up and have NOT received a response!!! CAN ANYONE out there in "eCrater-land" help me to find out what's going on!!!! BTW, I, myself have tried to log onto my store using www.elzauctionhouse.ecrater.com and I CAN'T see ANY of the 179 items I have listed!!!! I GET the message for each and every category, that's there is NOTHING listed!!!!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is probably your shipping policy. You can't change the shipping listed after it has been purchased. If you want to issue a refund you can but it is up to you to figure insurance, tracking, packaging etc and include them either in the cost of the item or the stated shipping price.

You can use the shipping matrix and USPS calculated to have a more exact shipping fee.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re the shipping... You have to provide a shipping cost to the customer. You can actually charge their card less, but you may not charge the card more than the amount the system provides. You *should* be able to take orders electronically without issuing a manual invoice, although rare situations occur where a manual invoice is the only way for the customer to complete payment.

One side comment... nothing you are selling here is by auction. Everything on eCrater has fixed prices. Your store name suggests an auction selling venue. Although I have no way of knowing if that is related to why your store got suspended.

If you log on to your admin portal, you should be able to see your products.
ElzAuctionHouse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
It is probably your shipping policy. You can't change the shipping listed after it has been purchased. If you want to issue a refund you can but it is up to you to figure insurance, tracking, packaging etc and include them either in the cost of the item or the stated shipping price.

You can use the shipping matrix and USPS calculated to have a more exact shipping fee.

You've GOT to be kidding!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Some of my items HAVE to shipped in MORE that one box. IF I use the shipping matrix and put in the TOTAL weight, I will be paying through the "nose" for shipping to make up the difference!!! A PERFECT example is the 19pc luncheon set from Occupied Germany. That HAS to be shipped in TWO boxes -- AND, because of the way the Postal Shipping goes -- weight AND DIMENSION -- if the package is OVER a certain size, the postage for EACH box is at the 40+ pound rate!!! If I JUST put in the EXACT weight/total weight for BOTH boxes (I ALSO INCLUDED the INSURANCE for each box in the shipping amount), I would be paying a HECK of a LOT more for shipping then what I received -- or the shipping matrix stated!!! There ARE a couple other items that fall like that; however, the majority of the items fit into a USPS flat rate box or envelope and THAT is the amount PLUS INSURANCE that's stated in the shipping area!!! YES, IF notified PRIOR to sale, I WOULD make any adjustments for shipping cost/refund any overage -- however, if people just pay right on the spot, WITHOUT READING what I had stated, no, they would not receive a refund on the shipping overage. I will ONLY ship via Priority as the package can be tracked. I ALSO require insurance for the purchase.

IF it IS TRUE that the ONLY reason my store was suspended was for the shipping, which is truly OUT OF MY HANDS, WHY didn't someone at eCrater notify me????????
Question Question
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I don't understand something about this. What is the issue with providing the customer with an actual shipping cost ? (either by specifying it on the listing, via USPS Calculated, or via the matrix)
ElzAuctionHouse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
Re the shipping... You have to provide a shipping cost to the customer. You can actually charge their card less, but you may not charge the card more than the amount the system provides. You *should* be able to take orders electronically without issuing a manual invoice, although rare situations occur where a manual invoice is the only way for the customer to complete payment.

One side comment... nothing you are selling here is by auction. Everything on eCrater has fixed prices. Your store name suggests an auction selling venue. Although I have no way of knowing if that is related to why your store got suspended.

If you log on to your admin portal, you should be able to see your products.

That's the only name I could think of when I started the store and I can't change it. Yes, I CAN see all my items and the number of views -- well in July I could, so far, this month I haven't seen ANY "hits/views". Also, if I remember correctly -- I REMOVED ANY mention of a surcharge for using PayPal as a payment method!!! So THAT can't be the cause!!!

OK just checked -- I have NO mention of ANY surcharge for using PayPal and I have revised all my texts. Think I'll be reinstate??????? Or, does a vote have to be taken??? Will I be notified that my store is no longer suspended???

If the name of my store got me suspended, they why wasn't I notified and told how to CHANGE the name without having to relist 179 items!!!???
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElzAuctionHouse wrote:
Yes, I CAN see all my items and the number of views -- well in July I could, so far, this month I haven't seen ANY "hits/views".
The hit count on eCrater is reset on the 1st of the month. Depending on when your store was suspended, that may be why you don't see any hits.
ElzAuctionHouse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
I guess I don't understand something about this. What is the issue with providing the customer with an actual shipping cost ? (either by specifying it on the listing, via USPS Calculated, or via the matrix)

Example, the 19pc Occupied Germany Lucncheon set CANNOT fit into ONE box; therefore, it HAS to be shipped in two boxes. When calculating the shipping using the matrix, if I put in 8 pounds, well I'd have to put in 16-18 pounds (one box is slighlty heavier than the other) you're going to to get $XX.XX for shipping -- BUT -- since the boxes are "oversized" ACCORDINGA to the USPS, the shiping HAS to be at the 40-40+ weight rate!!! THAT, I have NO control over!!!! For the heck of it -- go onto the USPS site and enter 07045 as the origin zip and 90210 as the destination zip. Click "large package" and enter a weight of 4 pounds. When you get to the next screen, put in these dimensions Length 18"; Height 12" and width 16" and see what the Priority rate is. THEN try this -- using the same weight, click again on large package, enter 4 pounds, enter the dimensions Length 12", Height 7" and width 12" and see what the weight is. SAME weight, just different dimensions!!! I COULD repackage that set, but it would take approximately 6 to 7 "normal" sized boxes. Each box would have to be weighed and added together, each box would have to have insurance and added together in order to be entered into the shipping. Can the shipping matrix handle multiple boxes that have to be shipped for that particular order??? Will the shipping matrix take into consideration that the packages are over sized and there are 2 when calculating shipping??? The matrix would probably give -- and I'm only using weight here and not insurance, which BTW, there's no spot to add that in separately, so the shipping matrix wouldn't recognize insurance in its calculation -- sorry, I digressed. So, If I just put in a weight of 4 pounds for this box it would give the buyer a price of either $14.62 or $15.90, rather that the TRUE postage of between $44.72 to $45.65 PER box!! No, I doubt I was suspended for shipping!!! PLEASE, I am NOT being nasty, rude or facetious. I'm just giving facts. I hope this little example has cleared up any questions you might have.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you are being rude! They are just sellers like you and can not do ANYTHING to help you out of your suspended store mode. If you look at similar threads, you will see that ecrater does not notifiy you that your store is suspended and it is up to you to figure out why, fix it and then ask for reinstatement. Also the ecrater team is a small one and is reponsive but they do need time to do so, but writing multiple notes in huge fonts and bold print is the equivilant of shouting at the other sellers. I am sticking up for them since you do seem to be lashing out at them who have nothing to do with this problem. They only made suggestions of what might be wrong but as they can't see what you have for sale either, there is no way to tell what the problem is.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Suspended Stores
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: