eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

System Problems?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't just ecrater. Several sites I use were having problems and according to alot of people from all over the U.S., most of us have been having problems with regular wired internet, wireless internet, and several websites from a big range of internet providers. Maybe it's just a nationwide thing right now? Like some sort of mini overload from too many people using the internet all at one time these days.

Sites either can't load right, can't log you in, the servers have "timed out" (whatever this means), or the interet is cutting in and out for no apparent reason. It's happening to alot of people because I've already seen several posts on different websites about it. Could be a solar flare issue or something from space that interferes with signals too.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
vividshop

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm from Thailand and can not reach eCrater, "problem loading page", hope that nobody will buy anything (did I just type that?) until the problem is solved!
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Bearcreek--

My internet service provider was doing all kinds of weird things these past few days, including timing out, slow, and just turning off.
saigonino

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's just a US problem.. as others have mentioned, the UK site is having problems as well and I'm in Korea, which has pretty much the fastest and best internet connection worldwide, yet eCrater still will not let me go anywhere. Except, oddly enough, this community forum site.. Also, others said that they have problems with other big sites as well, but for me eCrater is the only one that hasn't been working. It seems it's definitely being targeted and it's not just general internet connection problems. I hope this is resolved soon.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saigonino wrote:
I don't think it's just a US problem.. as others have mentioned, the UK site is having problems as well and I'm in Korea, which has pretty much the fastest and best internet connection worldwide, yet eCrater still will not let me go anywhere. Except, oddly enough, this community forum site..

The community forum is on a different IP address from the main site.

Quote:
It seems it's definitely being targeted and it's not just general internet connection problems. I hope this is resolved soon.

I'm going to speculate, and this is only a guess... Quite a few of the people having problems reaching the site, or their admin screens, seem to be from outside the US (or outside North America). If the source of the DDoS traffic is outside of North America, it could be that your ability to gain entry to eCrater is being compromised by this traffic. From inside the US, I'm not seeing a big problem. I have seen a few isolated glitchy moments, but nothing that seemed to persist.
recordsanctuary

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: What the heck is going on? It's been 3 days and can't log in Reply with quote

What is going on here? I can't even get into ecrater site. A couple of people have bought some things from me and I can't even remove the items from my store.
This is serious, why doesn't someone address this problem?
jewelry-bluenoemi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: i cannot enter ecrater for some days now Reply with quote

asuwishshop wrote:
Now I can't even log on as admin in my store??

I cannot enter ecrater at all for some days - please advise
Thank you
jewelry-bluenoemi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: What the heck is going on? It's been 3 days and can't lo Reply with quote

recordsanctuary wrote:
What is going on here? I can't even get into ecrater site. A couple of people have bought some things from me and I can't even remove the items from my store.

It happens to me too. I cannot enter ecrater at all. I have orders ther that I must supply. I don't understand a previous answer regarding traffic from outside usa?
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:08 am    Post subject: Re: What the heck is going on? It's been 3 days and can't lo Reply with quote

record sanctuary wrote:

It appears sellers outside the US are having problems logging in. I have been in my store for several hours with no problem. I'm sure the EC team is working on getting it taken care of - this site is VERY well maintained.

RecordSantuary you might consider putting up a store banner Confused
recordsanctuary

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: What the heck is going on? It's been 3 days and can't lo Reply with quote

Hi, yes I live and sell from Japan. ecrater needs to address this problem here other than twitter which I don't do.

I would like to put up a store banner here if I could access my store

RecordSantuary you might consider putting up a store banner Confused[/quote]
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Canada and have not had any problems other than I think things are slower to load but I've had no problem getting into my stores.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I had a potential customer contact me from Australia. They found me via a different fan site. I directed them to my eCrater store, but this morning they say they can't get it to respond. Whatever is happening, or the remedial steps being taken, Asia-Pacific seems to be a common theme (for people having access issues).

P.S. It's been quite a long time since my last order from that direction, so I'm not all that concerned (for my store). For other sellers, this may be a larger issue.
vividshop

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Still no entry Reply with quote

"Problem loading page"
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had problems too but it was happening in my Vendio stores also so whoever was doing it was messing around with a lot of sites. Everything seems fine in all my sites now. I don't know why people have to screw up things for people they don't even know. It just doesn't make sense to me. I guess I don't have the twisted mind needed to figure these people out. They must get some kind of thrill out of doing it.
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please see

http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=28512&start=15
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: