eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Shopping seller ratings
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Google Shopping seller ratings Reply with quote

I just did a random search for one of my products. It shows up correctly, but it also shows "No rating" next to my name.

Could a few people check and see if they see the same, or if this is a localized GPS glitch. The product search is 'lego 8012'.

Also check your own products and see if the ratings are appearing.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
ILOVE2SHOP4U

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed mine were gone again this morning.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No ratings on the item I checked but I was top of the list.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cosmic you were lumped in with a lot of other sellers with no ratings however the 2 above you in the list (amazon and some other) had ratings.

I looked for one of my products and it didn't have any *s either and usually I have 4*.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think GPS has some kind of issue tonight. If it's still like that in the morning, I'll mention it to the team.
asuwishshop

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ratings are gone now too. They must be updating or something? I hope that they are back soon.
caljackscollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked. The only listings with ratings seem to be eBay listings and not all of those have ratings.
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they are gone again. Rolling Eyes
HOMEBODIES

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no ratings for anyone except Amazon or the top 2. It hasn't been long ago this happened before. Seems lately this issue or a few other minor issues are always happening to imho somehow degrade or temporarly hide everyones listings except amazon or the paid ads. Reminds me of another place and time.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad, I had someone trash my Google ratings because he didn't read the measurements in a listing. Even though he could have had a full refund! I guess it was more fun to complain than to get his $11 back Rolling Eyes Laughing
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, my 5 stars have vanished in Google shopping too. No link to my feedback anymore either.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know when the ratings disappeared, but something started affecting my traffic (as measured by Analytics) on roughly August 16th. That was just prior to the DDoS event. Since August 16th, I have only had one day that the traffic number looked OK. A very careful examination of the demographics from that date, revealed that 3 visitors made up about 75 of the ~200 page views that day. So removing those, puts that day's traffic down to roughly the same as all the other days since August 16th.

I'm still scratching my head about what might be broken, or causing the traffic to drop off like it did. If I didn't know better, I'd think that my entries got dropped by some search engine. But they seem to be present in GWS and GPS/GB, so I dunno.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answering my own question from last night....

The traffic drop on August 16th (actually from Aug 16 - Aug 20) was Bing organic search. Normally I do about 15-20 searches per day from Bing. It basically dropped to zero during those 5 days. No idea why.

What is also curious is that I had a few small(er) orders while it was out, but the two days of good sales was immediately after Bing recovered. I can't correlate one with the other, but I do wonder if there might be a connection.

One other observation... While Bing recovered (beginning on Aug 21), Google organic is still below par. Google organic never dropped off the map like Bing did, but comparing it to before Aug 16th, it is below the prior activity.
birdsongbooks

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, Cosmicray. Sales in July and up to August 15th were very good for me, better than they've been in almost a year, and now it has come to a dead standstill. Nothing at all since the 15th, in fact.
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google was f&*+ing around with their search again. Was a mess when I tried to use it a couple of days ago. Seems to be back the way it was before now. When I tried searching for an item in regular search all I got was the message "no items found". No matter what I searched for that's all that came up except of course for ebay, amazon, and some other big seller I can't recall. Google shopping had no pics and just returned the big guys till you got to about page 5. Then there was some stupid search called pictures. Just pictures without a clue as to where they were from unless you clicked on them.
At least as of last night it appeared to have reverted back to an older search.
So sick of this! Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: