eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Scammer warning!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TomsMusicNCrafts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:05 am    Post subject: A New Scammer Or Phishing Scammer Reply with quote

mrsoyobalogun11@yahoo.com Has been sending emails wanting to buy one of my items for sale and send more money than the price stated on it. They also want to use paypal or a credit card which isn't one of the payment options I have listed.

I have replied to this person of payment options and that no item will be shipped until payment has cleared first. From what I can see this person doesn't understand English very well.

So beware of this person!!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't respond to such emails. They are ways for a scammer to get your personal email when you respond.
asset-liquidators

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Another Scammer Reply with quote

Do a google search on the phone number and be SHOCKED at the different forums that have him listed as a scammer. Here is the message sent:

Hello ,

My name is Amos John from Biomedical Supplier,Inc . I need some products in my branch office .

I will be very glad if you can get back to me with this short questions .

1. Did your company policy ship Local and International ? .
2.. Do you allow to use personal shipping company for pick-up ?
3.. Let me know the type of CREDIT CARD your company accepted .

Give me total cost of order
( MultiGene
netgalleries

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone recognize this address?: REMOVED

I had an order placed through Google Checkout that had the credit card denied and when I attempted to send an email to that address it bounced back as no such account on the Yahoo email server.

Strangely, I received notice of the order through a Google email but no email of the sale from eCrater and it does not appear in my "Orders" section of eCrater either.

edited by ACRead to remove personal info, since we don't know enough details on the situation to assume the owner of the email is a scammer.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

netgalleries wrote:

People use fake addresses all the time, especially those trying out the system.

I had an order placed through Google Checkout that had the credit card denied and when I attempted to send an email to that address it bounced back as no such account on the Yahoo email server.

When Google denies credit card, leave it up to Google to sort out. Stay out of it until you get an okay from Google. This doesn't sound very promising so it is best to just let it drop.

Strangely, I received notice of the order through a Google email but no email of the sale from eCrater and it does not appear in my "Orders" section of eCrater either.

That's because you didn't set up your account to get notices.
acread

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

netgalleries wrote:

eCrater does not send email messages when there is a Google Checkout order. This is already stated on the topic in FAQ and Solutions section of the forum on Google Checkout and many times on this forum. Google doesn't like duplication of Order notices and Shipping notices (stated in their terms), they already send buyer and seller notices. So eCrater sending that becomes duplicate. Therefore eCrater does not send one when it is a GC order.

Sometimes the credit charge authorization takes time to go through. That is no reason to assume the buyer is a scammer.

The email address could be mistyped. Happens from time to time.

Even if the order is not an actual payment that does not mean the person is a scammer. The person could be another seller trying out the cart. Could be someone who couldn't figure out how to put an order.

Just don't mail anything until the payment is in your GC account and the charge goes through (sometimes it may take a few days for that to happen. It's rare but it does happen from time to time.)
homeandbodyessence

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

netgalleries wrote:

When someone orders thru Google Checkout, you will only receive a notice from Google Checkout and will not receive a sale notification from eCRATER. I believe eCRATER will only send out notices if the order is paid thru PayPal, money order, etc... and only if you set it up to receive such notices as Maggie said.
homeandbodyessence

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, AC is way too fast...Smile Please delete my post if you'd like.
netgalleries

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. As stated this was my first Google Checkout sale so I did not know how it worked, and after reading dozens of comments in the eCrater postings (and doing a search for the topic) I couldn't find anything on the topic but you guys were great for helping me.

One thing still confuses me though, and that is, even if eCrater does not send out a sale email, why wouldn't it appear as a pending order in the Track Order system?
acread

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Reply Reply with quote

netgalleries wrote:
Thanks for the replies. As stated this was my first Google Checkout sale so I did not know how it worked, and after reading dozens of comments in the eCrater postings (and doing a search for the topic) I couldn't find anything on the topic but you guys were great for helping me.

One thing still confuses me though, and that is, even if eCrater does not send out a sale email, why wouldn't it appear as a pending order in the Track Order system?

It does appear as a pending order if you set up your API call back. Which based on your other topic you have not: http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=22298 Even if you do it now. And that payment completes it may never appear in your eCrater Orders. Because the fix is not retroactive.
netgalleries

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

I set up the API call back so hopefully future Goggle Checkout sales will now show up in my order tracking system on eCrater. I suppose that I was off base in thinking that any sale processed through the eCrater system would show up as a placed order the same as if someone elected to pay by money order, COD, Paypal, etc. Thank you for your help.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I suppose that I was off base in thinking that any sale processed through the eCrater system would show up as a placed order the same as if someone elected to pay by money order, COD, Paypal, etc. Thank you for your help.

Google has no idea where to send the information of the payment to without you putting in the API info. It's a different type of set up then PP.
netgalleries

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

I understand what you are saying about the payment. What I was referring to in my last post was the fact that eCrater doesn't even show it as an order in the Track Order section and doesn't remove it from inventory (hide funtion) the same as it would if anyone else placed an order and hadn't paid yet (I.E. - COD, money order, etc.).
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google is different then the others
Go to your store
click on any item and PRETEND to buy it to pay with google checkout
DO NOT PAY - STOP before then

Then do the same for PAYPAL - DO NOT PAY - STOP before then
SEE the BIG difference?
Once the customer clicks on Google Checkout -- the customer becomes Googles Customer NOT yours not ecrater so ecrater does not have the information UNTIL it's sent back to them from Google.
acread

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: reply Reply with quote

netgalleries wrote:
I understand what you are saying about the payment. What I was referring to in my last post was the fact that eCrater doesn't even show it as an order in the Track Order section and doesn't remove it from inventory (hide funtion) the same as it would if anyone else placed an order and hadn't paid yet (I.E. - COD, money order, etc.).

You already have a topic discussing this issue: http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=22298

The inventory control does not go to effect if the paid info does not get back from Google Checkout. Your info was not getting back here because you did not have the API is entered. So eCrater had no idea there was an order. Hence no change in sales number, no feedback email sent to customer, no inventory control changing quantity of the item (or hiding if need be). It is like the order does not exist for eCrater.

Now the other payment type orders are not processed in that manner. So if someong uses COD or money order etc. As soon as they OK the order the info appears. The checkout works differently in GC case.

And this discussion does not belong on this topic. I needed to be done on the topic I indicated. So if you have further discussion please take it there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 17 of 21

Jump to: