eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Scammer warning!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boomerangz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another scam? Laughing

From - k_willxyz411@yahoo.com
Sent: Mon, January 25, 2010 9:16:55 AM
Subject: Re: eCRATER :: Question From Buyer Kirk Williams

Hello ,
Thanks for your reply concerning the inquiry mail i sent to you.
The price, condition and the pics i viewed is okay by me. And my client
confirm there is no problem about the price, my client has agreed to mail out cashiers check of $2,000 to you on my behalf to cover the item, shipping charges and previously owed fees. About the shippment, that will be taken care of by my shipper.
So all you are to do after receiving the check is take out your sale amount and refer balance to my shipper immediately through the westernunion or the money gramm outlet so to get the money fast and start the fast arrangement for the pickup of the item. So i will like you to send me your full contact information to where my client will be sending you the Certified Check like this:
Name.........
Full address ( Not P.O Box )..............
City...............
State.............
zipcode............
Cell/Office/Home phone number........................
I do wish to trust you with refering the balance back to my shipper and also you fast doing to this transaction. I will like to hear from you if this is okay by you and you are ready to proceed, if you aready to sale your item and promise refering the rest
balance to my shipper immediately you received the check so they can start the quick arrangement for the pickup. If any other person wants to buy this item just tell them that it's been sold. I will like to copmplete this transaction as soon as possible. I will be waiting for your reply with payment details mailed.
THANKS.

My response:

You are very generous, sir! How about I will keep the $2000.00 (you cash the cashiers check and send the cash with your shipping agent) and I will go have a nice lobster and steak dinner on you. LMAO!!!!

Good try Peanut!

Sincerely,
Nobody's fool

I can only dream of such a deal.Twisted Evil This guy is relentless! Rolling Eyes

He has a proxied IP addy so nothing more I can do except move all his e-mails to spam.

Just want to let you know.

Denise - http://boomerangz.ecrater.com/
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
boomerangz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear sir, you just crushed dreams of a long and lucrative friendship. I guess no lobster tonight...huh?

As for the Voodoo, please make sure you wash your hands thoroughly.

To: L & D Weigand <ourway44@yahoo.com>
Sent: Mon, January 25, 2010 4:47:39 PM

LMMFAO!!! SO YOU AREN'T THAT DUMB AS I THOUGHT. NICE WILL TRY AGAIN BUT THIS TIME YOU WILL FALL! COS I WILL USE VOODOO ON YOU!!!!!

--- On Mon, 1/25/10, L & D Weigand <ourway44@yahoo.com> wrote:

To: "Kirk Williams" <k_willxyz411@yahoo..com>
Date: Monday, January 25, 2010, 3:38 PM

You are very generous, sir! How about I will keep the $2000.00 (you cash the cashiers check and send the cash with your shipping agent) and I will go have a nice lobster and steak dinner on you. LMAO!!!!

Good try Peanut!

Sincerely,
Nobody's fool

To: L & D Weigand <ourway44@yahoo.com>
Sent: Mon, January 25, 2010 9:16:55 AM

Hello ,
Thanks for your reply concerning the inquiry mail i sent to you.
The price, condition and the pics i viewed is okay by me. And my client
confirm there is no problem about the price, my client has agreed to mail out cashiers check of $2,000 to you on my behalf to cover the item, shipping charges and previously owed fees. About the shippment, that will be taken care of by my shipper.
So all you are to do after receiving the check is take out your sale amount and refer balance to my shipper immediately through the westernunion or the money gramm outlet so to get the money fast and start the fast arrangement for the pickup of the item. So i will like you to send me your full contact information to where my client will be sending you the Certified Check like this:
Name.........
Full address ( Not P.O Box )..............
City...............
State.............
zipcode.............
Cell/Office/Home phone number........................
I do wish to trust you with refering the balance back to my shipper and also you fast doing to this transaction. I will like to hear from you if this is okay by you and you are ready to proceed, if you aready to sale your item and promise refering the rest
balance to my shipper immediately you received the check so they can start the quick arrangement for the pickup. If any other person wants to buy this item just tell them that it's been sold. I will like to copmplete this transaction as soon as possible. I will be waiting for your reply with payment details mailed.
THANKS.

--- On Sun, 1/24/10, L & D Weigand <ourway44@yahoo.com> wrote:

To: k_willxyz411@yahoo..com
Date: Sunday, January 24, 2010, 3:45 PM

Good morning;

The high wheeler is was bought from an Estates sale, so no, it is not new. As I stated in the add, it made in Italy by Aurelia Company. Everything on the bike is original. The only damage is the Blue bell is missing the back, and the tires (all original) are flat. I have not cleaned it as it was found in an old barn so it looks aged but not rusted. You can see for yourself.

I will take $225.00 for the bike, and you pay for shipping. If paying via cashiers check, I will need to deposit the check, wait until it clears my bank before the item can be shipped.

Let me know.

Denise

To: ourway44@yahoo.com
Sent: Sun, January 24, 2010 6:59:36 AM
Subject: eCRATER :: Question From Buyer Kirk Williams

Re: Aurelia Special High Wheeler Bike made in Italy

Buyer: Kirk Williams

Hello I'm interested in buying this item, is it band new? whats the price excluding shipping charges. I will be arranging for the shipment myself via my shipper. I intend paying you via cashiers check. So get back to me with the final price and more photos of it. Thanks

k_willxyz411@yahoo.com
homeandbodyessence

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody must have had too much time on their hands. Smile
liquidationwarehouseusa2010

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject: About the scammers with listed emails Reply with quote

Have any of these scammers actually purchased anything from anybody here and paid through PayPal. If so did have a confirmed address and where they confirmed buyers through PayPal. If any readers are not sure what this means then it probably didn't happen to you so please do not respond to this. I'm only looking for the following scammers that fall under the above criteria. Those are the real deal full scale scammers that we all need to watch out for. I would really appreciate anybody's feedback that had this happen to them. THANK YOU ALL. Cool
wilbere

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Daughter's birthday" scammer "Jason Patrick": newcreaturefellowship01@gmail.com
AntiquesAttic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Joshua Patrick - Scammer - newcreaturefellowship01@gmail.com Reply with quote

Joshua Patrick to me
show details 11:58 AM (2 hours ago)

Hello,I write to purchase this item from you for my Daughter. I want the items send to her fast and due to this fact i want you to tell me the price you are willing to sell the item only because i will handle the shipping myself ( i.e the item will picked up by my shipping company).However, i will make your payment via Cheque, Infact i want you to asure me that this item is in good condition also assure me that as soon as cash the Cheque from your bank,you will contact me immediately for the shipping address,Please for God sake know that this items must meet-up with need time.You can get back to me with your FULL NAME, CONTACT ADDRESS and UR CELL PHONE NUMBER so that i can issue payment rightaway. Thanks and God Bless.
Best Regards. Evil or Very Mad
netgalleries

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Here's one to watch out for Reply with quote

I've received five orders so far using this name and email address. When I contacted the supposed buyer he indicated that he never ordered anything.

Name: Nick Harding Email address: nickman8559@yahoo.com
copia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:57 am    Post subject: Same person Reply with quote

Netgalleries, I had the same thing happen, same person address, etc. I traced the IP to the UK.

I knew it was too good of an order with no reply to any of my emails to him.

Guess some people have nothing better to do than make fake orders.

I am now considering dropping the option of payments made by anything other than Google since they can even place an order through Paypal and not have to follow through.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Same person Reply with quote

copia wrote:
I am now considering dropping the option of payments made by anything other than Google since they can even place an order through Paypal and not have to follow through.

I don't follow. How is Google different in that respect? I don't offer Google but thought they worked about the same.
netgalleries

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply to copia Reply with quote

Copia, are you saying it was the same person as the one I am having the problem with? If so, I guess it would answer the question of whether it is me they are trying to harass or the kid they've got something against. Did you save the I.P. address it came from? If so, check it against this one and we'll see if its the same "perpetrator" : 86.134.91.138
copia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Fraudulent Transactions Reply with quote

netgalleries, Yes! I checked the IP address and it is the same as what you posted. I traced it to the source and contacted the server and reported the abuse of what they are doing. I do not know if anything will come from it but at least they are aware. The "perpetrator" is apparently just trying to harass Mr. Harding.

wtcollectibles, What I mean by the statement of considering dropping all is that if someone pays by any method other than Google it can show up as a false order.

I checked the order system and noticed that any other payment options, at least on my account, show a person can pay with personal check, money order, cashier's check and Paypal. Any of those payment methods will show me that an order has been placed.

If an order is placed using Google, I do not receive the order until AFTER the checkout process is complete.
Any other method, the buyer can click the place order button and whether they pay or not I receive an order notice.

Hope this clarifies my last statement.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Fraudulent Transactions Reply with quote

copia wrote:
If an order is placed using Google, I do not receive the order until AFTER the checkout process is complete.
Any other method, the buyer can click the place order button and whether they pay or not I receive an order notice.

While true, keep in mind that orders placed via Google Checkout can be canceled during the first 15 minutes. That 15 minutes begins at the same time that GC sends you the order notification email (and it shows up on your GC console).
copia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Fraudulent Transactions Reply with quote

Cosmicray, Thank you for the insight on the Google console. For the time being, I am going to just leave all options of payment open. I figure, why do potentially more damage to my sales because of one bad apple. I never was out anything in the first place.
hobbyemporia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a scammer too?

nickman8559@yahoo.com

I was googling it and saw a thread here.
copia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! nickman8559 is the email of the person that placed the bogus order with myself and others here. It is a valid email, it doesn't bounce messages back to you. So that tells me he getting his kicks having people send him emails thanking him for his orders.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 18 of 21

Jump to: