eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Scammer warning!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windsongsboutique wrote:
Proper English is not a requirement for shopping on the internet. It's not even a requirement for selling on the internet. There are so many dead listings on the internet that buyer may be checking you are still a valid store or it may have been someone harvesting emails. Probably not a scam however.

I beg to differ on this one. I get a ton of the same basic email. They always ask if it is still available. Well, duh, it wouldn't be listed otherwise. Then they ask how much. That should be clear to anyone who can read. Then the ask about the condition. I'm sure thats in your description. They ask questions that your listing already answers. Its a red flag to me. Especially since I get the same emails from different sources.[/quote]

Everyone gets these emails and they are not scammers. Many are people who can't be bothered to read the description but just as many are from people who want your email address to sell on a list. When they click on ask seller a question, they don't see your email address. They only get it upon your response.

You can choose not to reply to any of them but you will certainly lose a few sales by doing some. When I list a 30 inch black belt and repeat the length in the description, you'd think a shopper would notice at least one measurement but they still write and ask.....and yes quite a few of these turn into sales.

It is totally up to you whether you respond to these emails or not, but do not equate ignorance, laziness and oblivion with dishonesty.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tengatango

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: scammers are losers Reply with quote

scammers are losers...

enough said. we just have to be clever, learn from our mistakes and make sure we dont make the same ones.

more important, learn to move on.
analog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scammer and Thief!

Personal information removed

also goes by the name (Personal information removed) on his paypal.

This fraudster stole $450 from me! I am currently going through to paypal steps to getting my money back from him but buyers beware, do NOT shop from this idiot

thrift.ecrater.com
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

analog wrote:

This fraudster stole $450 from me!
thrift.ecrater.com

The store you mention has been suspended. But let me get this straight...you spent $450 at a shop with 3 products listed, no logo, nothing on the home page but some foreign writing, no contact info, no terms, no info about the shop or the seller at all. My sympathy is a little low, sorry.

But good luck with your dispute. Just watch where you throw your money next time! Shocked
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtcollectibles, for me no terms, faqs, terms, etc mean that the seller is a scammer, it means that the seller is lazy and just want to post items to get money. Laughing

Now seriously about spend $450 for any sale without contact the seller. It is a great example of the "click click" lifestyle of many people. Good luck with the dispute.
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

regarding strange questions--

Many of the questions I get come from people who see the product on Google or Google Shopping. That gives them the basics of the listing. But it doesn't ensure that the product is still available, since many times Google is way behind and things can show there and not be available. I research on Google all the time, and that is what I found, maybe 10-20% of the time.

So I think that asking whether it is still available may be due to this.

And they also don't usually go beyond the main description and sometimes there's much more if they would click on "Full Description", but they don't.
DragonmastersMagickalDoorway

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Metaphysical Sellers Please Pay Close Attention Reply with quote

I am wanting to report to all the Metaphysical Sellers on eCrater there is a individual that has her account on eBay and is copying and pasting information of your item description into her own sales items (this person is doing both from eBay and eCrater seller stores) and claiming it has her own.

So please keep a close eye on your items and report her.

Her eBay id: studiaizida
Her email is: izida@geostudia-izida.lv
johnnybgood

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: another scammer Reply with quote

says he paid by paypal and of course he hasn't.

uses this email address: gfarbolin@gmail.com
calipso

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:20 am    Post subject: Scammer on the prawl Reply with quote

Cindy H., Va, using 3 different addresses for the same order, payment and chargeback (she filed "order not delivered", why it was delivered in her PO Box within 4 days from payment made).

Never contacted me on account of not getting it, went straight to filing chargeback.

Her emails:
- cindy-1963@hotmail.com for order on eCrater;
- fedup331@live.com on transaction detail page originating the payment;
- cindy2222g@hotmail.com on Chargeback request.

2nd one is my favorite. I am curious if she ever gets "fed up" with scam?

So, less than month later, today, she asks me about another piece of clothing from my site. She doesn't even keep track of businesses she scamms, obviously. So, I answered with details what I think about her and that I am going to fight for my money.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Page 21 of 21

Jump to: