eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Scammer warning!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aweston39

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, that is really scarey.
How did you know it was a scam?
Did you go to your Paypal account?
aweston39
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
retrojunkie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The conclusive way to find out whether or not a PayPal payment is valid is to go to www.paypal.com and sign in. If the transaction is not listed in your account, it's not legitimate and should be reported as a scam.

You should never click on a link in an email to go to PayPal, since at least some of those will be bogus and you'll be sent to a phishing site where they'll try to harvest your username and password, and then empty your account.

It takes very little effort to type paypal.com into your browser's address bar, and then you know you're going where you intended.

-----
Living in the past? Visit www.retrojunkie.com
oktora

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aweston39 wrote:
OMG, that is really scarey.
How did you know it was a scam?
Did you go to your Paypal account?
aweston39

look carefully at the image, many differences with the original email from paypal, which has been particularly marked.
if you have the original notification email from paypal please you compare it with these fake emails.
and lately I have never received payment from the buyer on hold by paypal
aweston39

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Good Advice Reply with quote

Thanks for the great advice.
I do always go directly to Paypal when I get any kind of correspondence from them.

aweston39
noseyparkerspostcards

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: another scammer Reply with quote

Received a query supposedly through ecrater (which I unfortunately answered) and then an obviously weird email phishing for information. This guy is a known scammer at Blujay

"luda david" <guesswhoiscoming4dinner120@gmail.com>
PiecesofthePast

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: scam phishing email Reply with quote

I just received an email from guesswhoiscoming4dinner150@yahoo.com wanting to come to pick up the book with his own shipping service. After doing some google research, it looks like there are variations of this name that can be searched and I found 2 lengthy pages of comments from Bluejay sellers who have had contact with this person when he attempted to scam them. This name needs to be added to the list of scammers.
They did NOT go throughout any checkout process on ecrater but only emailed us.
mrhippy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: e crater scammers Reply with quote

it seems alot of posted scames are obviouse like the out of country check or wetern union scam.u ask who u should tell ,unfortunately even thogh these people are profesional thieves it is inposible to control or catch.most scames invove mail witch is consideed a federal ofeense but good luck.is ran by the state lottery board !no 1 scammers .they control whats called games of chance gambeling ect.these scames are form of money laudering or hustle.chain letters used to be the norm now internet chain letters.in phone book is lottery comision ask them.they will tell u dont bother to report because they will not investigate.also is not police matter they will say civil,ect.paypal has choice of other payment 1 bieng a check.dont acept any payment ecept through paypal and ur good,also change ur name in shipping info so pepole dont know credit card name.also i haVE ETSEY YTBE VIDS CHANNEL ECT AND A REPUTATION IS EAY TO GET IF UR REAL.CHECK OUT REFERENCE OR SELLERS OR BUYERS HISTORY .IVE RESEARCHED A BUYER BACK TO FAKE INFO BEFOREW.NOT COMPLICATED STOP THE AVERAGE SCAMMER.ALSO I Have not had chance to be ripped of here yet so i will let u know in 6 months,peace
bricksandbeams

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a question from Buyer which I am pretty sure is the start of a scam. Bad english, and he is asking about a product that isn't the one he was on whe he clicked "Ask seller a question".

Text of the email:

Re: Vintage Kodak Brownie 8mm Movie Camera II Windup 8mm Movie Camera
Store: bricksandbeams

Buyer: jonhchucks

i want to ask if this item of laptop is still available for market??????????? And the present condition now.

jonhchucks941@gmail.com
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bricksandbeams wrote:
Just got a question from Buyer which I am pretty sure is the start of a scam. Bad english, and he is asking about a product that isn't the one he was on whe he clicked "Ask seller a question".

Text of the email:

i want to ask if this item of laptop is still available for market??????????? And the present condition now.

jonhchucks941@gmail.com

Proper English is not a requirement for shopping on the internet. It's not even a requirement for selling on the internet. There are so many dead listings on the internet that buyer may be checking you are still a valid store or it may have been someone harvesting emails. Probably not a scam however.
bricksandbeams

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laptops are a big target of scammers. If it was broken english asking about the movie camera I would have responded. But since they are fishing for a laptop I expect it is one of those 'ship the laptop to Africa for my daughter' deals. I got a number of those requests on feebay and the english of this sounds very much like those, just less direct.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bricksandbeams wrote:
Laptops are a big target of scammers. If it was broken english asking about the movie camera I would have responded. But since they are fishing for a laptop I expect it is one of those 'ship the laptop to Africa for my daughter' deals. I got a number of those requests on feebay and the english of this sounds very much like those, just less direct.

The ship to Africa or I'll send my driver to pick it up scams are direct. They rarely ever send a pre-lim email. Since they are dealing in numbers, they don't waste time with suspicious sellers. You may stay on their list for a while. They don't want the goods however. They want your information or change back from a bogus large check.
PalmyrasPlace

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: SCAMMER EMAIL ADDY'S Reply with quote

ecrater wrote:
And another scammer warning ...

The email addresses below belong to scammers:

leeqydemm@yahoo.com

socool@keromail.com

socool_1@keromail.com

segse_e@keromail.com

Please add jessyjason55@hotmail.com to your scammers list.

As they have made 2 large orders from my store using this address , never paying and using different shipment address, phone numbers etc and never any communication
windsongsboutique

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
bricksandbeams wrote:

Text of the email:

jonhchucks941@gmail.com

Proper English is not a requirement for shopping on the internet. It's not even a requirement for selling on the internet. There are so many dead listings on the internet that buyer may be checking you are still a valid store or it may have been someone harvesting emails. Probably not a scam however.

I beg to differ on this one. I get a ton of the same basic email. They always ask if it is still available. Well, duh, it wouldn't be listed otherwise. Then they ask how much. That should be clear to anyone who can read. Then the ask about the condition. I'm sure thats in your description. They ask questions that your listing already answers. Its a red flag to me. Especially since I get the same emails from different sources.
mrhippy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: buyer/ sellerscames Reply with quote

i have a store on etsy.i recently sold many things at once and got overwhelmed.i then had to leave and had no contact with buyers.they felt like they may have been robed or ect .on etsy they first contact etsy soport witch documents problem and tries to contact shipper.all is done well and is documented and easy to understand.at same time buyer if using paypal can start a claim witch will give them back thier money and charge the shipper imediatly.also while trying to contact.the shipper at this point has options to contest ,or agree,or try to resolve in another manner.all is easy to understand and follow .personally i contacted all parties and sent thier products late but with free gifts and apoligies.they were semi understanding and we are able to do buisness still.for the shipper if i feel a scam or do not want to send or stop buisness with ,on etsy i there is a forum that is very huge and has many ways to deal with party resolutions.i recomend using paypal and like service only through set up stores and buisness that are already linked in partnership.when using your email to use same services they are no longer secure and are able to be hacked easier,peace Razz
bricksandbeams

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maureencollins56@gmail.com maureen collins Nigerian Scammer

'She' is from new-york but currently in Nigeria. Blah, birthday gift for son, blah.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21

Jump to: