eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

need help with promoting my store

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrewsclothingshop

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: need help with promoting my store Reply with quote

hello im having trouble promoting my store. my products are getting hits/views i added Google Analytics to my store. im still having trouble trying to find my items in googles serch engine and im also having problems finding my store in google serch hope some1 can help me
Andrew
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did you open your store? Have your items been fed to google yet?
Andrewsclothingshop

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: i don't know Reply with quote

posted a couple of days ago however im getting hits on my items that posted i installed google anyntics but im having trouble posting the attribute becuase i always get this message. The attribute #1 is not supported by eCRATER. and on top of that i don't know how to get my webite or items onto google search egine so i think im either lost in this erater or i just took 2 steps back
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you first log into your admin, there is a tab under the welcome that says Google Feed's Status. Click on that and see what the date for the last feed is. If you are new there might not have been one yet.

Your hits are probably from internal eCRATER searches, i.e. someone searching eCRATER specifically and not someone using Google or another external search engine.
It takes a couple of days for your items to be picked up in searches.

Re the attributes: Click on the G on one of your admin listings. On the right is a question mark. Click on that and you will find a list of supported attributes. For clothing, attributes like brand, size, color, material, made_in are accepted as well as product_type and department.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have spelling errors in all your category names.
It should be apparel not apperal

At least some of your images are too small so you have google ads and might not be accepted in a google feed.
http://andrewsclothingshop.ecrater.com/p/12256762/ethos-fitted-baseball-hat-size
the image needs to be at least 250 X 250

Too see what attributes ecrater supports please read the FAQ section of this forum .. the topic on google attributes
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew, currently you only have 10 items in your store. Even once you get uploaded to google you are going to be far back on the pages during a search. It takes a long time to get a good presence on Google. I realize you didn't ask for store advice, but I'm giving you some anyhow.

In the meantime while waiting for google to list your stuff and people to find your store, take some time to proofread (or have someone else do it for you) everything you have written as your whole site has spelling errors all over the place and grammer errors. You also really need better pictures and descriptions. It is better to get your store set up well from the get go than wait until you have lots more stuff for sale--I'm assuming you plan on adding more.

Also don't forget that on ecrater promoting your store is your own responsibility and you can't just wait for people to find you through Google.
Andrewsclothingshop

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject: thanks for the store advice Reply with quote

i been promoting ouside of ecreater with other search engines and referrals and im adding items as i go. if you don't mind me asking whats wrong with my discpritions and my pictures so i have a better understanding
thanks
ANDREW
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't so much that they are wrong, they are just so short and without much information. Take this item for instance -
http://andrewsclothingshop.ecrater.com/p/12256340/mossy-oak-long-sleeve-button

It's a long-sleeve button down what? Shirt? Jacket? Blouse? Is it a men's size xl, misses, women's? What is it made of, cotton, polyester, etc? Does it have to be dry-cleaned or can it be washed? Measurements are good for clothes--how long is it, what is the width at the chest, waist, etc?

Since your buyers can't touch it or try it on, you have to give them as much info as you can to sway them to buy it.

For clothing, adding more pictures helps, I think. A close-up of the camo print, a back view, looks like there's some detailing on the front so a close-up of that, etc.

Check the size of your photos before you upload them and aim for at least 500-600 pixels on one side or even a little larger. Then when the shopper clicks on it, it will enlarge for them and they can see more. Plus, they need to be large enough to get rid of the Google ads that you see under your description. Making them large enough for the shoppers also gets rid of the ads.

Good luck with your shop! Very Happy
Becky
caljackscollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with what has been said about your descriptions. Also with the comment that you need a lot of items to get noticed by Google. Takes time as well. I would join forums such as PowerSellers Unite (http://www.powersellersunite.com/auctionsitewatch.php) and Rarity Guide (http://www.rarityguide.com/forums/) where you can promote your store.
Andrewsclothingshop

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: thanks for the info Reply with quote

Hey thanks for the information im checking out the site thank you for the site information
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your actual listings also as some of your attributes are showing on the listing. When that happens, it means they are incorrectly formatted and need fixed.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: