eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Open to suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mswagsandcrafts

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Open to suggestions Reply with quote

Hey, still waiting for my first sale. I've already sent my url into search engines, and followed other advice from fellow ecraters. What do you think I should do next? How long did it take you guys to make your first sale?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
my-little-e-shop-in-ukraine

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have 19 items in your store which I assume has a very limited market.

Everyone submits to search engines, but what specific target marketing have you done to get your items in front of potential buyers?

By that I mean if you sold BMW Key Rings you would join lots of BMW realeted groups and forums.
Felicitations-and-Inspiration

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a start you need to make a 'signature' which you will use in ALL your email, blog postings, forum postings etc.

Sellers are buyers too. Like all buyers if you don't make it really easy to find you, we will not bother! Human nature. On the plus side it is human nature to click on links and that gives you an opportunity to convert a looker to a buyer.

edited by Mod - advertising is not allowed. Please read the forum rules

Last edited by Felicitations-and-Inspiration on Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
noadi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a few suggestions.

1: Don't write your title and description in all caps, it's not very professional and it's hard to read.
2: Fill out your descriptions and use longer more descriptive titles.
3: Get active in some communities that fit what you're doing, I'd say search for home decor, country decor, and craft communities.
3: Read all the other promotion threads here on the forums about using blogs, myspace, squidoo, seo, etc. and get working on that stuff.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felicitations-and-Inspiration wrote:
For a start you need to make a 'signature' which you will use in ALL your email, blog postings, forum postings etc.

Even here.

Just remeber forums have rules. Including this one. Advertising is not allowed. You can have ONE Self Promotion topic in the Promote your ecrater.com store section of this forum for advertising. Signature style advertising is not allowed here.
Each post you make in this forum has an automatic link to your store by clicking the www icon. That is all that is needed.
Felicitations-and-Inspiration

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for letting me know.
lotsofpatterns

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! One thing I notice with your wreaths is that only 3 of the listings say Wreath in the title - the others do not. Just because you list them in your wreath category doesn't mean the search engines will pick that up, you need to put what it is in each title too.

For your baskets, what type of fabric are these lined with? For the baby basket, what are the brand names of the products that are included? As was mentioned before, you need to get a lot more descriptive in your listings.

You might also want to mention some of the information you have on your About page - the part about each item being hand created at the time each order is placed - this would be important for a buyer to know up front since not everyone visits the About/FAQ/Terms pages.

You do have beautiful items!

Linda
mswagsandcrafts

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the input and advice. I will go into my store and start to fix these odds and ends. I never thought it would be this much hard work having an online store. Again thank you all so very much. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: