eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Who wants to lay odds on the outcome of this situation?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:38 pm    Post subject: Who wants to lay odds on the outcome of this situation? Reply with quote

I'm supposed to move across the street. However today I learned that the suite next to the one I was going to take was also going to be vacant and that woman wanted to move into my suite as she doesn't like her neighbors.

Her suite is much brighter than the first suite, both are larger than mine. She came to look at mine, said she wanted it and we signed the papers with the manager. Now she is having second thoughts as she has the place crammed full and my place doesn't have half the storage space she has.

I'm sort of in limbo as I could get my place torn apart and packed and then she will refuse to move out, end up being out the cost of the mover and a great deal of stress and end up not have an apartment to move into.

What do you think? Will I move? Will she move?

At best it will be total chaos with her mover and mine passing on the sidewalk. Rainy season has already begun so it could be pouring to boot. Both of us will be going into apartments that have not been painted, cleaned etc.

Do I need my head examined?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
likesthejewels

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a situation to be thrust into. I don't think the other lady will be happy no matter where she ends up. If she has already signed the papers, does she have a legal right to renig? But, you might feel miserable making her keep up her end. Maybe she could move into the suite you were originally going to move into.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
she wanted it and we signed the papers with the manager.

IF the papers are signed already ... meaning there is a contact
then how can she refuse. Sounds like evition papers will need to be served.

You need to call your lawyer!
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggested she take the apartment next door but she hates the people above that suite more than she hates the man above her. That would be such an easy move for her. She wouldn't even need to pack.

Legally, I don't think I could do anything. It would be up to the building to enforce the paperwork. The papers we signed were for the management.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat wrote:
I suggested she take the apartment next door but she hates the people above that suite more than she hates the man above her. That would be such an easy move for her. She wouldn't even need to pack.

Legally, I don't think I could do anything. It would be up to the building to enforce the paperwork. The papers we signed were for the management.

Didn't the papaer say YOU GET such and such an apartment on such n such day?
I doubt it said .. if she changes her mind she gets her way.

YOU should have your own contact with the management that says on such n such a day you get the place
if you don't have that .. then you got other issues.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We haven't signed those contracts yet. Will on Monday. What we both signed was a notice to vacate suite by a certain date. I haven't gotten a phone call from management to say she had changed her mind so I am going to my appointment on Monday in good faith.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So then you got to be out no matter what she does or doesn't do.
hhhmmm I think I would have done the paperwork a little differently.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have an iffy management company and that is how they do the paperwork. The manager doesn't work Fridays so Monday is the first day it can be taken care of.

BTW we both signed vacate papers. Not just me.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes one needs to cover their own butt.
You signed paperwork saying you will be out by a certain day.
But you didn't sign papaerwork saying you will be in the new place on a certain day.
So if the lady changes her mind and don't move out.
You have already signed a contact to leave. Where you going to go then?

Has nothing to do with the management company. Has to do with making sure you have a roof over your head.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other lady also signed a notice to vacate document. My concern is that she is a bit weird and may just decide to ignore the issue. Short of going to peek in her windows to see if she is packing, not sure what I can do if she goes that direction.

Could be all my imagination but if you would see both apartments and how much stuff we both have, you would wonder how anyone could dislike a neighbor enough to move into a space that is even more confining. The difference is equal to one more/less room for the same rent.
StoneWyre

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did she show? Did she sign? Fingers crossed for you!
viewfinders

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is packing. I stopped in the other evening and she had packed her books and her foyer was full of empty boxes. I've done nothing but pack books and am only about half finished.

She also came over without the manager and took a slower look through. Her attitude is what doesn't fit goes. It makes me wonder what the man upstairs is doing that upsets her so. I'm afraid he snores and without carpet it could shake me out of bed. However I already don't sleep so it can't make my nights much worse than they already are.

He either plays solitaire or poker on line and thinks it is the noise made each time a card drops. He showed me but since I don't know anything about online cards, I can only guess it is sort of like Chinese water torture. But he has set his speakers on padding and hopefully will be buying area rugs soon.

When I went to sign the new lease the manager said I was definitely getting the better end of the deal. The bed and living rooms are about the same size but her kitchen and bath are easily twice the size of mine.

The only down side for me is that I will lose my trees which provide a lot of shade and privacy in summer.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met with her tonight to determine the day for the mover. It is her daughter and son-in-law who are creating problems. I overheard a phone conversation between them which though not in English I got a pretty good sense of the situation. They don't want to help her and don't want her to pay a mover. So tentatively we are moving on the first Sunday in November.
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HHmmm, that sounds like the daughter/son-in law think she's a bit touched for moving in the first place. Or...they have moved her so many times they refuse to do it again because of her over sensitivity to her neighbors.

It's too bad you two can't hire one set of moving men...I have a vision of moving men walking a cart of boxes from apartment A to apartment B and returning to A with boxes from B. Carry the mattress from A to B and the B mattress from B to A.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are going to use the same mover. They intend to move her first into a truck and me into her place and then her into mine. All the movers I talked to suggested this as the best way, particularly as November almost guarantees daily rain.

Tyree I think you have a point. She has only been in that apartment 2 years. Also from the raised eyebrows of the manager, I think she must complain incessantly.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: