eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

A question to children clothing sellers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moonbeamgifts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:33 am    Post subject: A question to children clothing sellers. Reply with quote

Hello fellow sellers. I'm looking for some personal opinions. I've listed both children's clothing in bulk (ie lot of 10 outfits) and listed just one outfit. What do you think sells better, lots or single items? I'm getting ready to list lots of kids clothing and looking for suggestions/opinions. Thanks so much!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't sell children's clothing but are you talking about used or new.

If you are selling used at low prices, bulk might work because shipping will add 2-5$ to one outfit and little more for 10 and money is an object when buying used clothing especially for kids who grow so quickly.

However if you are selling new, people will be more likely to buy single outfits. They might buy more than one, but they want the choice.

Just my opinion.
moonbeamgifts

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. The majority of the clothes are used (like new) but some are new with tags. I've listed both lots and individual clothes. Neither listings sell great, however it maybe due to the lower volume of listed items in my store. Personally as a parent I prefer to buy in bulk as I think it is cheaper in the long run. I guess I'll continue to list both. Again thanks for the reply. Enjoy the day.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked at your store which I didn't do before my last reply. I think you may have a problem because you don't sell enough of any one category. You have a few children's clothing items, a few books, and a few toys or gifts, but not enough of any one thing to capture a prime spot in searches. You are competing with sites that will have hundreds of listings and in the case of books, thousands.

Perhaps you can divide some of the lot listings up and sell only one size in the lot. Or just do individual listings. You have had sales. Are they lots, single items or not children's clothing at all?

My experience is that it is not enough to be adding an item or two regularly, but in a store that has multiple categories, you need to be adding to each category regularly. Ex: in my housecat store I have a ton of aprons but the only time I sell one is right after I have listed a new one. I'm doing a lot of editing to listings right now and I'm curious to see if that will boost sales a bit because I really can't keep buying inventory I have no space to store.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked out your store. I don't know about whether to sell in lots or not, just seems like the price of used kids clothes has gone up since I had little ones!

I did check out your books though and you don't seem to have media mail as a shipping option, even on one book (the Reagan one) where you say it will ship via media the calcuator gives a priority mail price. Not sure if that is something you want to fix, but those who buy books by mail generally are used to what it costs to mail a book via media vs. priority and with such a huge volume of book sellers out on the internet you need to have all the advantages like media mail shipping (which I realize confuses people when they can't use it for clothes), one reason some with books for sale have a separate store for books here at ecrater.

The more listings you have the more you are visable on the net, so you might want to break down the clothing lots. But you know what has been selling for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: