eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Paypal Ship Now Changes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asuwishshop

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Paypal Ship Now Changes Reply with quote

Paypal ship now has changed. They have a whole new template and it makes me so frustrated. You use to be able to put in the exact weight 1#3oz and measurements and get a specific price. Now it automatically assumes anything over the lb gets round up to the next. So an item that is 1#3 oz is 2 lbs and costs 8.36!! that is at least $2 higher.

I have tried going through the USPS online and it is the same. This means I will either have to change all of my listings and possibly lose customers because of the postage hike or find another way of printing online labels.

Please send me your suggestions. I'd love to find an accurate way to print labels at the correct cost and if possible use my pay pal funds. Thanks!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read about the new shipping page in another forum but haven't looked at it yet. The poster over there was mad because he likes to put all his postage on his credit card for the points and now it wants PP balance first, then bank account, and maybe then credit card. That didn't worry me since I want to use the PP balance anyhow--that's where the customer paid me to ship the item!

The USPS hasn't raised any rates, so I'm not understanding your other comment. If you are using Priority mail, that has always been by the pound and 1 lb 3 oz would be the same as 2 pounds for an ordinary package (not oversized or flat-rate box or anything special). Maybe I'll see what's changed when I use it this afternoon.

Edited to add - I may be wrong. When they did one of the last changes, I think they did make an in-between level, especially for the far-away zones. Or did I dream that? I use First Class more than anything. Anyhooo, I don't think USPS would stand for PayPal changing their postal rates!

Last edited by wtcollectibles on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
jigsaw-puzzle-palooza

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Paypal Ship Now Changes Reply with quote

asuwishshop wrote:
Now it automatically assumes anything over the lb gets round up to the next.

It has been that way as long as I can remember except for 13 ounces and under which qualifies for 1st Class Parcel.
asuwishshop

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Class is not effected being that goes to the specific oz. It is Priority Mail that is impacted the most. You will see what I mean when you print your next label.

I have always done fixed shipping on ecrater and have not used the matrix. But now that they are not going to the oz it would be just as well to switch to the matrix.

The other thing is that the description use to read payment to USPS shipping. Now it reads ebay shipping.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: ! Reply with quote

asuwishshop wrote:
First Class is not effected being that goes to the specific oz. It is Priority Mail that is impacted the most. You will see what I mean when you print your next label.

I did go over and look at the new page. I thought maybe it was just on that ship now page or the multi-item page, but I got a new page when I clicked on Print Shipping Label at the bottom of the details page, too.

It now looks very similar to the Shiptrack page I get in eBay when I print my international labels. I hope they expand that so that we can use it for orders from anywhere--I can print First Class International that way! I used to have to do those manually with the little green forms from the PO. I still have to do that for my Ecrater orders and with the UK store, my int'l orders picked up here. So hopefully that will be the next thing to come!

According to USPS.com, a Priority 1 lb. 3 oz. package is the same cost as a 2 lb. package, whether it's going to the next state or across the country. I think it's been that way for quite a while, so I don't know how you were getting a cheaper price for 1 lb. 3 oz.
asuwishshop

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the USPS website has been that way for a while that is why I have been using the old Paypal ship now link.

I just spoke to paypal and they said they are still working on fine tuning this and to please click the link to leave suggestions about this and any other problems you find.

I left my input. Please do the same. The more people that comment the more likely it will get changed.

Why pay extra. It should be to the oz not lb!!
RustyFarmall

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The U.S.P.S site has changed a bit in that it now gives you the opportunity to pay with pay pal if you desire, but the pounds and ounces has not changed.

If your sold item was paid for using pay pal, and you want to use pay pal shipping but do not want the shipping charges to come out of your pay pal balance, simply transfer the balance to your bank before you purchase the shipping label. If you don't want to transfer the balance, then use the usps click-n-ship for your labels.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Priority mail is ALWAYS charged by the pound. If you are 1 ounce or 16 oz you pay for a pound.
RustyFarmall

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
Priority mail is ALWAYS charged by the pound. If you are 1 ounce or 16 oz you pay for a pound.

Then why does it cost more to ship a 1# 10 ounce package than it does to ship a 1# 6 ounce package? This is just an example.
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My principal shipping method is domestic Priority Mail. I created a table with all the weight from some of my items to have an idea of how much it weights. I don't loose my time writing and weighting the exact weight between scales for single items ship by Domestic Priority Mail, Parcel or Media Mail. Now if I use 1rst Class I need to worry about the specific weight.

bigtallmensclothing & wtcollectibles are correct. You paid for the pound limit. If you pass the limit even for 1oz you paid the next one.

For example in Priority or other service with pound scale:

1) An item weighting 1oz to 16oz (1lb) pays the fee as 1lb.

2) An item weighting 17oz or 1lb + 1oz pays the fee as 2lb. The range of the scale is 1lb +1oz to 2lb.

If you dont believe or you are confuse. My recommendation is just play some time with the USPS calculator.

USPS Postage Price Calculator
http://postcalc.usps.gov/
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To follow up on what I posted above, we CAN now print First Class Int'l directly from PayPal! Yay! I'm sorry to those who are offended by the word eBay on there, but anything that will help to automate my Ecrater shop like my eBay store, I'm all for it. (I always cut that word eBay off anyhow and don't leave it on the label.) After they added that feature for my eBay orders, when I would get a UK order here, it just stunk that much worse to fill out that dumb green form.
Quote:
Then why does it cost more to ship a 1# 10 ounce package than it does to ship a 1# 6 ounce package? This is just an example.

It isn't supposed to, don't know how that was happening. It never happened for me. Maybe you've been benefiting from a lucky glitch and they've fixed it! Wink Are you sure the 1# 10 package wasn't in a bigger box with a 12" side? That's just weird!
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Paypal Ship Now Changes Reply with quote

asuwishshop wrote:
Paypal ship now has changed. They have a whole new template and it makes me so frustrated. You use to be able to put in the exact weight 1#3oz and measurements and get a specific price. Now it automatically assumes anything over the lb gets round up to the next. So an item that is 1#3 oz is 2 lbs and costs 8.36!! that is at least $2 higher.

If your USPS package weighs 1.01 pounds, you will be charged for 2-pounds. That is how it is, that is how it has always been. There are no sub-pound price divisions once you go above 13-ounces.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only difference with the prices on Priority mail is the packaging. A flat rate envelope is one price, the legal envelope is another, the box is another, etc. but they all go by 1-2-3 etc. pounds. There is no ounces involved whatsoever except for first class mail and that is only up to 13 oz. However if this was an international package they do change every 4 ounces, I think it is, over 1# up to 4# for an international first class mail. Priority internaional still goes by pounds.
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must be a wonderful glitch. Laughing

Yes, both Domestic & International Priority are in pounds. The only thing I want to see is that USPS add the Domestic 1rst Class up to 4lb as the International 1rst Class.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

US first class mail increases every few ounces up to 13 ounces. After that even a hair over each pound and you pay the next pound in weight. That means if your package weighs 1 pound .001 ounces, you pay for 2 pounds. It has always been this way, at least since I've been old enough to mail packages.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: