eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New PayPal shipping procedure
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snowflakememories

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: New PayPal shipping procedure Reply with quote

This morning I found out PP implemented a new procedure/software for shipping. While it is working for shipping PP paid items it is a little convoluted when shipping items not related (as the ones you sell through GCO).
If you try to access the shipping page while logged in PP it tells you the procedure is temporarily not working - try later.
BUT If you access the shipping page while not logged in PP, it asks you to log in and then brings you to the page.
This is the link I use and used in the past:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

I also copied the new link, a very long one, I can access with that my shipping page directly without logging in (weird, but there is an option to allow or disallow that, still trying to understand) I'm not attaching it here as it is specific for my account.

I checked again all the menu and help but it seems they don't like to let you know how to access the page from a menu, they want you to use PP checkout and then ship from there.
So, for now I found the above workarounds, if some of you finds a better way please add to the thread, thanks.

Oh, they also added the new Priority Mail Regional Boxes.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
wendysbookstore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello snowflakememories,

Try this link: www.paypal.com/shipnow
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Log in to your PP account. When you get to the main screen (the one that shows recent activity), look in the right side-bar and click on Multi-order Shipping. That should load the Multi-order Shipping screen (lots of blue motif, expands to your entire screen). The PP paid order should already appear. Just update the type of service, weight, box dimensions, etc. To enter GCO orders, click on File -> Create New Orders. That will open a window within a window. Then click on Expand All. Enter all the applicable information.

As far as I can tell, that is still the same as it was before today.
snowflakememories

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrbooksanditems wrote:
Hello snowflakememories,

Thank you, but this has the same behavior than my similar link (when you click on it AFTER you log in to PP).
The same it works when you click on the link before log in, then you have the log in page, then the ship page shows up.
snowflakememories

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
Log in to your PP account. When you get to the main screen (the one that shows recent activity), look in the right side-bar and click on Multi-order Shipping. That should load the Multi-order Shipping screen (lots of blue motif, expands to your entire screen). The PP paid order should already appear. Just update the type of service, weight, box dimensions, etc. To enter GCO orders, click on File -> Create New Orders. That will open a window within a window. Then click on Expand All. Enter all the applicable information.

Thank you, never used multi shipment even if I checked several times. Today I navigated through the pages you indicate, as did not find before the "file-new order" path, thou I'm a little intimidated by all the amount on information it requires, including the ordered items. I think I can fool that by entering a dummy item summary of the order, most of my orders are from GCO and contain sometimes a couple of dozen of items each.
The individual shipping page I was referring too is much more simple and it contains the new Priority Regional boxes, not yet in the multi shipment.

Can you use the multi shipment page for a single shipment only ? I thought it does create also a manifest for USPS with multiple entries.
Thank you for all the suggestions
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snowflakememories wrote:
cosmicray wrote:

Thank you, never used multi shipment even if I checked several times. Today I navigated through the pages you indicate, as did not find before the "file-new order" path
It is located in the menus within the blue window, not the menus at the top of your screen. This is something that java does, that can drive people crazy.
Quote:
thou I'm a little intimidated by all the amount on information it requires, including the ordered items. I think I can fool that by entering a dummy item summary of the order, most of my orders are from GCO and contain sometimes a couple of dozen of items each.
Many of those fields are optional. The only thing typically required is the shipping method, the weight, the box dimensions (not for first class tho), and the destination name and address.
Quote:
The individual shipping page I was referring too is much more simple and it contains the new Priority Regional boxes, not yet in the multi shipment.
I do not recall seeing it there.
Quote:

Can you use the multi shipment page for a single shipment only ? I thought it does create also a manifest for USPS with multiple entries.
Thank you for all the suggestions
You can use it for a single shipment. The advantage is that you can print a SCAN form, which the USPS carrier will scan with their barcode device. The SCAN form is used to enter shipment acceptance information.
thewrightbiz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Try this Reply with quote

snowflakememories wrote:
wrbooksanditems wrote:
Hello snowflakememories,

Thank you, but this has the same behavior than my similar link (when you click on it AFTER you log in to PP).
The same it works when you click on the link before log in, then you have the log in page, then the ship page shows up.

Did you contact PP help? They are very helpful whenever I have trouble with Multi-order shipping.
snowflakememories

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately found out that the problem is much bigger than I though at the beginning. PP has decided to switch from the easy PP shipping to the ebay shipping (considered by them more stable !!!)
Today I printed 3 labels then it stopped working. Someone in this forum
http://forums.ebay.com/db1/topic/Packaging-Shipping/New-Paypal-Shipping/5200035116
has even found that some recently printed labels with this new procedure are scanned as invalid by USPS.
If you use PP for shipping, read this forum to the current day, it's scaring.
And someone else is saying that only ebay sold items can now make use of the PP shipping.
If this is true I must find immediately a new application for printing first class stamps with a tracking label, I rely 100% on this for my light weight but expensive shipments.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Endicia. I do pay a monthly fee but it is WELL worth it in time savings and the ability to print First Class International.
snowflakememories

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you noticed PayPal has switched back to the previous shipping application, abandoning, I hope for good, the ebay shipping.
So many complaints for their superficial unprofessional implementation, testing on a few thousand customers without first a serious testing ontheir own.
Some of you may have been impacted, some not at all (the lucky ones).
Just crossing the fingers they will not change again, it works, don't fix it !!
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting that! I was really lost on the original thread because nothing had changed for me, and I use both PayPal shipping and eBay shipping daily, depending on where the order came from or where it is being shipped to. I kept thinking, "Where is it? Where is it?" I was really thinking that I was losing it worse than usual!! Laughing
mygear

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: PP SHIPPING Reply with quote

G, easy fix here it is,, once you know you got paid by checking your Paypal account, just us the regular Postal sevices or Fedex, My goodness why complicate your self with shipping just take your item to the post office the old fashion way, My gosh and send it, as long as the item gets to the buyer, and you have the money, what the heck would be the trouble.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: PP SHIPPING Reply with quote

mygear wrote:
just take your item to the post office the old fashion way, My gosh and send it, as long as the item gets to the buyer, and you have the money, what the heck would be the trouble.

It's not the trouble, it's the cost. You get a discount by printing online--delivery confirmation is free with Priority and reduced for other services; postage is a couple of percent discounted, like $5.83 instead of $5.95 at the window for 8 oz. priority.

It's not a lot if your volume is not very high, but it adds up! Very Happy
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My goodness why complicate your self with shipping just take your item to the post office the old fashion way,

Well that worked out great when I only lived a few blocks from the PO and when my knees where working okay enough that on some days I could walk there. Now it is a 9 mile round trip and have you seen the price of gas lately? We live in a snow belt as well and hard enough some days just to get the mail out to the mailbox much less drive into town. And then who wants to stand in line waiting for everyone else and then have to pay full price for DC, etc. Lots of good reasons to use online postage! I however don't use PP for postage, but I certainly use on line postage.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Now it is a 9 mile round trip and have you seen the price of gas lately?

It's about a 15 mile round trip to my post office, thru a small town, that only has a two lane road (post office being on the far side of town), and thru the only traffic light in the county (where everyone wants to turn left).

If I have to drive to a post office, there are two others with less traffic / better roads, but I have to remember this the night before, so I can change the originating zip on the labels.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: