eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Listing same items on several sites

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WorldGroceryStoreandMore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Listing same items on several sites Reply with quote

I think that I have asked this before--can't remember the answer. I have two stores on eCrater and want to list some of these items from these two stores on eBay. Now, if I change around the wording and title will Google accept the same item from both stores. I am so confused on this--I can't even ask the question correctly.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do it all the time.

Othewrs will tell you not to.

Google rules say NO. You can the quoted rule in this topic
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=29042
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are different interpretations of this.
1. You can't and Google will black list you.
2. You can if you alter the name of the store, change wording in title and beginning of the description and use a different main picture.
3. You can because what Google really means is that you can't put the same item in the same store twice.
Take your pick and I am not trying to be a wiseass.

Seriously I'm not sure Google knows what they mean.
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duplicate content from previous ecrater-moon post

"Please remember that all items that are disapproved for any reason are shown as disapproved, not just missing UPI and attributes.

*Duplicate content in other stores or marketplaces that submit to Google Products. If this is the case the please verify that your eCRATER store content is not being submitted by other stores/marketplaces."

so to me this is saying you can't list the SAME product on ebay etc. as you have listed here.. right??
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't stated how you want to list the items on eBAY. Auctions are not fed to Google Products, so there is no duplication on GPS. I don't think fixed price items are fed to GPS either. Items listed in an eBay Store would be fed to GPS and would fall into the area of discussion.

Personally, I think you run the risk of having your items deleted from GPS if you list the same items in both your eCRATER store and an eBay store.
RustyFarmall

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm wrong, but if your multiple stores all had different names and urls, the only way google would know that those stores are all owned by the same person is if they went to the trouble of tracing each and every one of them back to your computer and I.P. address. Does Google have bots that will do this? Otherwise, that task would be very time consuming and in my opinion it probably is not going to happen.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what I do (not saying this is the way to go, just that this has worked for me).

I list some things on eBay in a fixed price format for 30 days. When that 30 day period is up, I put them in my ecrater store.

Sometimes eBay holds free or penny listing days, and then I relist some of those items that didn't sell on eBay for a 7- or 5-day auction, even though they are still in my store here. (The software I use for posting to eBay makes this easy as they all reside in a folder and it is just a click of a button and they are all live.)

Because Google Product Search does not index auctions, I avoid having the content SUBMITTED to Google from two different locations at the same time.

Of course if it sells on eBay, I remove it from my store here, and that is a manual process so its important to keep on top of that too.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RustyFarmall wrote:
the only way google would know that those stores are all owned by the same person is if they went to the trouble of tracing each and every one of them back to your computer and I.P. address.

Or the email address, or the bank account to do the payout, etc, etc.

If you ran each venue on a different TIN, used a different PO Box number for each, and filed a unique schedule C, they would probably never make the connection. If you go the easy route, the connection might be obvious.
aspencounty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
RustyFarmall wrote:
the only way google would know that those stores are all owned by the same person is if they went to the trouble of tracing each and every one of them back to your computer and I.P. address.

Or the email address, or the bank account to do the payout, etc, etc.

If you ran each venue on a different TIN, used a different PO Box number for each, and filed a unique schedule C, they would probably never make the connection. If you go the easy route, the connection might be obvious.

This ONLY applies to Google Shopping/Products and nowhere else in the entire internet world. I really don't think Google is that concerned about some half-baked, never enforced duplicate content rule on their eight years in beta, let's hide the link G Product search Wink
WorldGroceryStoreandMore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, first let me thank you for all your responses. I think what I will do is list some items on ebay for 7-day auctions since you can list 50 items every 30 days without a fee. After the 7 days, transfer those to my eCrater store. That way no item is listed in the diferent stores at the same time. This way I will be safe! I am going to add some of th items that I have on eCrater now to eBay and then mark "Hide Product." That way I will not have to redo the listing on eCrater.

I am building my business on eCrater and certainly do not want to lose them but I am ready to try eBay again. I was on eBay several years ago.

Thanks again. If I am still wrong on this, please write me again and let me know.
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is what I do..been selling on ebay for almost 12 year..I detest ebay the last couple of years BUT I list there the 50 free per month..7 day listings..If I also have the products listed on ecrater I hide them during that time
you are taking a CHANCE listing the same thing here, ebay and other sites
WorldGroceryStoreandMore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Peg. That is what I have decided to do--hide the ones that I list on eBay. Just can't take the risk. I have not been on eBay for several years and I hear it is different so this is just to see what I can do on it. It may not prove out to be worth the hazzle.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: