eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Free aol email account
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Free aol email account Reply with quote

Does anyone use the free aol emails for your stores or other? I recently began breaking my store up into 3 stores and for the 2nd store I used an aol free email.

When I started the 3rd store I went back to aol and opened another free email which was accepted. I went on and began to open the 3rd ecrater store but ecrater has not responded and aol will not allow me access to the new email.

Does anyone have free aol experience. Do they limit the free accounts to one per person? I did discover that aol does not provide customer support to the free accounts.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know about AOL is that the only time I ever hear about it is when it's causing some problem or other with blocking mail.

Personally, if I was going to use a free e-mail I'd go with Gmail.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
All I know about AOL is that the only time I ever hear about it is when it's causing some problem or other with blocking mail.

Personally, if I was going to use a free e-mail I'd go with Gmail.

EXACTLY! The only time I have people complain about not getting emails - they are always AOL users. Isn't AOL email ranked as the worse on the net for getting mail through?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only experience with aol was years ago when they were my ISP. After the site got carried away with spam, I dropped them. I don't pay much attention to whether mail gets through or not. I just assume that if my emails to aol boxes don't get answered it is because the recipient doesn't want to answer.

I think I have a Gmail account but have never used it.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I can guarantee you'll like Gmail better if you start using it.

There have been countless complaints in selling forums about customers or sellers not responding and it turns out it was because their e-mails weren't getting through. A great many of those times there's an AOL address involved...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have since had access to the new email address. But no response from ecrater as what happened to the store I attempted to open.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiet wrote:
I have since had access to the new email address. But no response from ecrater as what happened to the store I attempted to open.

AOL deleted the email?
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, PS. The bouncebacks I get from my monthly newsletter is almost 100% from aol accounts Sad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I didn't hear because aol deleted the email. I emailed ecrater and asked about it giving my main email address and have not heard in my messages or via email.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe eCrater tested the e-mail address and it didn't work for them? I can't remember the steps of starting a new store.

I'm also not sure whether or not eCrater will e-mail if there's some sort of problem...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard from ecrater and have the shop open--er, administrable. Ecrater has always responded to my emails when it is something that can't be resolved here.

I do not like the way the aol emails work. I have 2 of their email addresses and when you check your mail on one, you can't log out and then check the other. It is almost impossible to check both emails one after another. Will be looking for another email provider.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When a store is first opened an email to veirfy you opened it is set and needs to be clicked - I think - to actually set up the store.
If you don't have that email - then the email provider didn't get it to you or you had a typo in the email address.

Have you tried to access the store? or tried to open a new one using that same name?
If you have and it says name already taken then it needs that confirmation - but if you aren't getting those emails you can't confirm it.
MAKE SURE that AOL is allowing emails from noreply@ecrater.com

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did get the confirmation today from ecrater but it was sent to my main email, not the store email. Don't know if it was sent to aol previously or not. I'm going to change the email address for the store anyway.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiet wrote:
I'm going to change the email address for the store anyway.

That sounds like a good idea.
Since the confirmation email is automatically sent - I don't see how it wasn't sent.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay this is how it sits now. I got an email from ecrater with a confirmation link for the third store. It came to the email address I use for payments and notification of sales. That confirmation email never has shown up in aol. So I went to gmail and opened an email address and then went onto the new ecrater store to change my contact email address. It just showed one--the one I use for payments; my official email address.

I thought I had to have a different email contact address for each store but could use the same email address for payments/order notification.

Then I went to the second store and looked at the contact information. It showed the email address as my notification address. I changed it to my main email address. Now I have 3 shops with only one email address. So as you can tell I am truly confused.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: