eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

WOW! Is it always a thrill making a sale?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JunesGreatStuff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: WOW! Is it always a thrill making a sale? Reply with quote

Laughing Hi everybody, I just made my third sale and it was just as much a thrill as the first one was! eCrater and the Community are great. Surprised I love to read the messages when I have time and respond to them. Best wishes to everybody. June

http://JunesGreatStuff.ecrater.com
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
yellowrose

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: WOW! Is it always a thrill making a sale? Reply with quote

Congratulations on your sales! Here's wishing you many more........
moondance4me

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is!

I just made a sale today myself, sure was a spirit lifter after a loooong dry spell.

Myra
2BOYSandTOYS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too get excited for a sale - no matter how frequent, how many or the $$ value - it's silly perhaps, but I think it affirms several things -

1. There is life beyond ebaY.

2. We must be doing something right (price, product, promotion, place).

3. Buyers have 'faith' in us or ... are willing to trust us.

So - congrats. to you on your sale - and I surely hope you and we all have many, many more!!! Very Happy

Erin
JunesGreatStuff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: To all great members of eCrater! Reply with quote

Laughing Hi Y'all, as I have said before you all are great and I appreciate the responses to my last post. I agree about eBay. Don't ask me why, but I am still a member there. Every now and then I will sell something, but not as much as I would like and it is costing me money. I know that I am nuts!!!! I will probably give it up one day. You just can't beat eCrater! June
2BOYSandTOYS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still a member too - and sometimes also sell there - but....on my terms, when I 'want'!!! I also still buy (if I can't find 'it' elsewhere)!

Congrats. again!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Erin
JunesGreatStuff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Hi again Reply with quote

I am with you, I sell on eBay on my own terms! I do buy stuff, but it is mainly GI Joe stuff for my collector son for Christmas. He sends it to me and I bid on it and if it doesn't go too high, I buy it. Occasionally I buy 14K gold charms just for me. I am also a member of iOffer, but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere, I may drop it soon. June
2BOYSandTOYS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

June - I think I'm a member of a whole 'lot' of sites - some I still enjoy and some I don't even stop by!!! That's one great thing about online selling - if we decide to take a break from a site - we don't have to pay rent!!

I'm a big believer in diversification. I've got listings at Yahoo, and a few other places. I figure the more exposure 'my name' gets, the better! It can be an admin. nightmare, but ... they don't all 'sell' the same things for me!

So - it's 'all good' - as my boys would say - I have 2 teenagers.... Shocked Rolling Eyes - the forums keep me grounded, cuz it sure isn't 'grounded' here any more!!!! Very Happy Wink

Erin
moondance4me

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think making a sale or two, or lots (lol) does several things.

It makes us feel good that we have provided something that someone wanted.
If they really like it and let you know it, it really lifts our egos.
It does wonders for our efforts.
And there are other things too, but it does, to me anyway, sort of 'validates' our work, our reason for being as it were, as a seller of goods or services. I can get really, really down in the dumps when I go for long spells of no sales, and even hubby notices that my entire demeanor changes when a simple little sale takes place. I always feel complimented when someone takes the time to look at my items, choose one and buy it. I sell such a variety of things it really makes me feel good that casual shoppers are still out there.
JMO of course.
Myra
blueberryjewellery

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Making sales!! Reply with quote

Hi there,

I also have an Etsy store & I love making sales on there, it is quite excuting really!! Would love the same feeling here too!!

Blueberry Jewellery

http://blueberryjewellery.ecrater.com

http://blueberryjewellery.etsy.com
moondance4me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my!
I just looked at your items. Absolutely gorgeous!

Are you promoting them on a blog, or with "reallyl smart deals"? I'm going to add you to my list of ecrater sellers that I put up on the "rsd" site and hope you get some serious lookers. I have to admit, my jaw dropped when I looked at them.

egads! If I only had some money, I could be seriously dangerous. I know several jewelry makers and love them all, I am so envious of that kind of talent.

Best of luck to you and hang in there, it will definitely happen.

Myra
blueberryjewellery

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Really Smart! Reply with quote

Hi there - thanks for the tips, I'll look at Really Smart Deals now!

I'm pleased you like my jewellery, I've got lots more to add, but I don't seem to be getting any views at the moment ... do you think I should keep adding more ? Cool
moondance4me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely! Very Happy

Variety, the lookers will come then the buyers. It takes a while sometimes but it happens. Besides, even if the looker doesn't buy they may see something that they know someone else might like and pass it on. Good old word of mouth advertising! Can't beat it.

Myra
ljstores

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Really Smart! Reply with quote

blueberryjewellery wrote:
do you think I should keep adding more ? Cool

Definitely........ ecrater is free, you have nothing to lose cept a bit of time Laughing

LJ
blueberryjewellery

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: thanks! Reply with quote

Good advice, thanks folks ;o)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: