eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Oh No!! All my products gone from listings!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtisanWools

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Oh No!! All my products gone from listings! Reply with quote

I was the originator of the "rug hooking" category. Just checked the listings under that category and all my products are gone! There should be about 25 listings showing up. My store shouldn't be suspended for any reason. What could be the problem? A few days ago I clicked the PayPal option to not accept PayPal for awhile. Could this have caused the problem? I list under ArtisanWools.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see 22 products in your store and you are certainly not suspended. Where are you not seeing them?
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Oh No!! All my products gone from listings! Reply with quote

ArtisanWools wrote:
I was the originator of the "rug hooking" category. Just checked the listings under that category and all my products are gone!

Do you mean the Rug Hooking category on the main eCrater marketplace? Your products are there. For example, I just searched for "Provence Mustard"...your listing came up. Same for "French Pastels" and "Buttered Oatmeal."

Your products also show up in Google Shopping search.

ArtisanWools wrote:
My store shouldn't be suspended for any reason.

Your store is not suspended.

ArtisanWools wrote:
What could be the problem?

I don't know. I don't even know what the problem is.

ArtisanWools wrote:
A few days ago I clicked the PayPal option to not accept PayPal for awhile. Could this have caused the problem?

Not having an electronic payment option means you get Google ads in your store.

ArtisanWools wrote:
I list under ArtisanWools.

Your store logo is an image. Might be worthwhile to put your store name.
ArtisanWools

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for replying. I clicked "crafts" first under categories and then clicked "Rug hooking". My hand dyed wools almost always come up on the first page of 1820 listings. I went through about 35 pages of listings and none of mine were there. I'll try it again.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your definitely not suspended. I agree you should add a banner with your name to your store.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArtisanWools wrote:
My hand dyed wools almost always come up on the first page of 1820 listings. I went through about 35 pages of listings and none of mine were there. I'll try it again.

As other sellers list items in that category, your listings will float towards the back. The order is not related to relevance, it is related to age of listing.
ArtisanWools

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of my listings have always come up on the first few pages. I know about the time factor as to when they were listed. However, when I go to view them I always do it this way: Clik "Categories", clik "Crafts", Clik "Rug hooking. Plain and simple. Problem is that by still doing it that way, my listings don't show up in the 40 pages of that category. Being a Scorpio, I must get to the bottom of this! Smile
jigsaw-puzzle-palooza

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArtisanWools wrote:
Many of my listings have always come up on the first few pages. I know about the time factor as to when they were listed. However, when I go to view them I always do it this way: Clik "Categories", clik "Crafts", Clik "Rug hooking. Plain and simple. Problem is that by still doing it that way, my listings don't show up in the 40 pages of that category. Being a Scorpio, I must get to the bottom of this! Smile

I found the listing that is the 1st one on your store page (Rug Hooking Wool "Winter Sky" 4p Fat Quarter Artisan Wools) on page 22 in the "Rug Hooking" category. This is viewing 80 listings per page. Since you say you are the one that started the category then that would explain why your listings are so far back. How long ago did you create your listings?

It also appears seller "raminthethicket" has flooded that category which has pushed you way to the back.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raminthethicket may be paying for top of category placement. That store has been around for 3 years, has almost 600 sales and over 1000 listings. You on the other hand in the same amount of time roughly have only 22 listings and 15 sales. I'm not criticizing your store but that kind of difference in inventory definitely weights the scale.

And your store name is not at the top of your listings.
ArtisanWools

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the updated listings are all mixed up. Dates are out of order. For example, on page 44, the person selling cutters updated on dec 24. On page one, the seller updated back on July 21st! It's the Antique Cat & Dog item. My wools were updated on November 17th and are far back mostly on pages 43, 44, 45 and 46. The very end pages. I don't sell small pieces for just one dollar, so I can't be compared to a seller who does. The dyes I use are custom made for me and come from Europe. Anyway, I looked at many listings and the updates seem to be out of order or perhaps listed randomly. I have not heard of paying extra to be in the first few pages. Is that possibly what happened?
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't pay to have your listing show up in the first pages in the category.
There are category features that are paid and these appear at the top of the category separate from all the other listings. The featured item on the home page is also a paid feature.

It is a complex formula based on many factors that determines the order the items appear in a category, not just one factor. Also just because a store is updated on a particular date, does not mean that every item in that store was updated at that time.

em
ArtisanWools

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that it is complex now. But it didn't used to be a few weeks ago. I wonder if other people who listed recently are having a similar problem. It used to be very orderly with recent listings up first. Well, I have some custom wool that I just finished dyeing. Will list it tonight. Even though I haven't many sales listed, each sale could be comprised of 100 or more strips or six to eight larger pieces. Also, several of my longtime customers order from me directly. (Just commenting on what was mentioned above). Many thanks for helping me!
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater-moon wrote:
There are category features that are paid and these appear at the top of the category separate from all the other listings. The featured item on the home page is also a paid feature.

It is a complex formula based on many factors that determines the order the items appear in a category, not just one factor. Also just because a store is updated on a particular date, does not mean that every item in that store was updated at that time.

em

I'm not sure I understand the difference. Can you elaborate?
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaggietheCatsMeows wrote:
ecrater-moon wrote:

em

I'm not sure I understand the difference. Can you elaborate?

The two items at the top of this category are paid featured items.

http://www.ecrater.com/c/101/womens-clothing

The featured item on the home page here is a paid feature.

http://www.ecrater.com/
viewfinders

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Moon. I knew about the eCRATER home page space but thought the category space was for all items you had in that category.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: