eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Any tips for building Backlinks on Ecrater?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whynotsave

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Any tips for building Backlinks on Ecrater? Reply with quote

OK so I realize this topic has been discussed on here before and I've read alot of information on backlinks. I really appreciate all the imput from people trying to help out on this forum but haven't been able to get anywhere so far. The only place that I've been able to get backlinks so far is craigslist, which is time consuming and I'm not even sure those are getting indexed by the search engines. I've tried http://info.vilesilencer.com/top which again I really appreciate the effort of ecrater in providing the link but it doesn't seem like it's that great of source either. Whenever I try going through vilesilencer it takes forever to register for accounts through the various sites then alot of them will not even give the option to post links or charge for them. I saw a link from an earlier post on this forum that suggest to let back links grow naturally over time but I'm not very patient. I've also tried forums but after taking alot of time registering for accounts then posting on them for awhile everytime I post a link it gets blocked and/or I get blocked from the forums. It's been really frustrating. Does anyone know of a free legitimate site that they've actually tried before that I can easily submit my url to in order to generate good backlinks. Hopefully a site that has some decent traffic.

Thanks in advance
http://whynotsave.ecrater.com/
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you created a blog? Do you post on Twitter? Do you post on Facebook?

That is where most of my traffic referrals come from. Images from my blogs are indexed in Google higher than my stores, and I just host them on Wordpress.com, I don't even do custom installs of them.
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try also a ".TK" like I did. If you see I even added a more descriptive address without changing it in eCrater.

http://elperelestradingcards.tk/

http://elpereles.ecrater.com/

TK Domain Name
http://www.dot.tk/en/index.html?lang=en
aspencounty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IVS is the premier place to find quality directories for building links. Start with the top 100 list http://info.vilesilencer.com/top/ and go through that list for starters. I recommend looking for new directory announcements here as well; http://forums.digitalpoint.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65

The thing to know about building back links is it's not easy and take lots and lots of time and hard work but it is the single most important thing you can do for any store/website. While there are lots of ways to build back links I would recommend sticking to web directories at first as they are the easiest with the quickest ROI.

There are three basic types of web directories; free, reciprocal and paid. I would start with the free ones and only use those that don't require you to register. With a little practice you will find the mechanics of it is not that hard since most directories are laid out in a similar fashion.

Bottom line is there are no short cuts to building back links but if you will just keep after it and do a little everyday you will see results.
whynotsave

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:
Try also a ".TK" like I did. If you see I even added a more descriptive address without changing it in eCrater.

http://elperelestradingcards.tk/

http://elpereles.ecrater.com/

TK Domain Name
http://www.dot.tk/en/index.html?lang=en

That's neat I didn't know that was possible. Can you tell me how you did that? Thanks.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I saw a link from an earlier post on this forum that suggest to let back links grow naturally over time but I'm not very patient.

Patience is a virtue! Your back links should grow naturally as the search engines give them more credit for content. One of the books I read called Outsmarting Google stated that most websites and blogs don't really even get recognized by Google until they have been around for at least 6 months. My son saw this on a site he had. At the six month mark all or the sudden the flood gates more or less opened and the business started coming in. You have to be patient and be sure your links are good valuable links and help provide content. Some things just can't be rushed.
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whynotsave, in the "Register Domain" write the name of the link, press "Go", and follow the instructions. In some cases after you create your ".TK". The site will display a search bar for some weeks and disappear when traffic grows. Nothing is needed to download.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Quote:
I saw a link from an earlier post on this forum that suggest to let back links grow naturally over time but I'm not very patient.

Patience is a virtue! Your back links should grow naturally as the search engines give them more credit for content. One of the books I read called Outsmarting Google stated that most websites and blogs don't really even get recognized by Google until they have been around for at least 6 months. My son saw this on a site he had. At the six month mark all or the sudden the flood gates more or less opened and the business started coming in. You have to be patient and be sure your links are good valuable links and help provide content. Some things just can't be rushed.

I agree. Using linkfarms will only get you downgraded in Google now that Panda is in place. JMO.
aspencounty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecheapskirt wrote:
MoonwishesStore wrote:
Quote:

I agree. Using linkfarms will only get you downgraded in Google now that Panda is in place. JMO.

This is my favorite subject and an area of expertise so here comes my rant. I don't mean to sound argumentative and these are general comments and not directed to any one person so please don't take anything I say personally guys. First, I guess I am defending web directories a bit since I am heavily involved in that industry and just want to point out for clarification that a directory is not a link farm. Since I actively promote the use of web directories as a source for back links I generally ask folks to be specific by what they mean when using the term link farm as to avoid any confusion.

If you look at just about anything I have written here you will see I am a big proponent of link building and stress it above everything else and I also understand there is sort of a catch 22 when it comes to it. I agree that Google states clearly that it likes to see "natural links" or links to other peoples websites that someone places on their web site just because they really like the other website....Wow, I really like your ecrater store, I think I will make a link to it on my blog just because it is such a great website. That's what we would like to see happen unfortunately in the real internet world it rarely happens like this. I'm not saying we won't get some real natural links but I am saying that it unrealistic to think enough people will just link to your store because it is so great to make any significant difference.

The problem I have with links and Google's "natural link" BS is how the heck does Google know my motivation for giving someone a link? According to Google's way of thinking ,the only true natural back link is one someone places on their site pointing to someones else website with absolutely no attached agenda, nothing, Nada, zilch in return. Even the suggestion or appearance of some sort of reciprocity or quid pro quo and it's no longer a "natural link".

Patients make be a virtue in lots of things but not so much in the cyber world. I just can not subscribe to the notion that if I sit around and wait long enough someone may stumble onto my website and just maybe give me a back link. This is what gets me about Google and whole "create good content and people will naturally link to it" concept. The way Google has built their search algorithm around back links,link popularity and and page rank I may never see your ecrater store unless it already had a bucket load of back links causing to it rank high on a Goggle search in the first place. If your website is just sitting out there in the cyber waste land waiting to be discovered and waiting for all those natural back links to appear, you may be in for a very long wait. I think the best approach is to be pro-active and go out and find your own back links and work that hard till you start ranking better in searches and then once you become "visible" , perhaps you will attract some natural links.

To me it's almost hypocritical to build a search engine that says to rank well in it you need lots and lots of quality back links, thus creating the environment for trying to manipulating the results by buying, selling and trading links. There are entire industries like SEO (search engine optimization) built around how Google's does the whole linking thing that make their money by helping webmasters and website owners build up their link popularity. If you listen to Google all that is bad and un-natural and should be avoided. It's like my Dad used to tell me, "Do as I say, not as I do." The problem is when they invented the algo with all the link factors built into it but they didn't foresee the lengths to which webmasters will go to get their needed links. They created a monster that thrives on links then put up a sign that says don't feed the animals.

You guys ever notice how Google makes up all these nutty rules and regulations and expects us to make sense of it all and to comply yet they do not follow their own rules. How many times have you seen G state a new set of regulations or rule changes that we just absolutely have to follow or else yet nothing really changes one way or the other. I think they are bored and they just get a kick out of seeing us jump through hoops everyday.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aspen-I hear what you are saying, but I guess this is one of the reasons why it is so much easier to get back links if you sell in a specific niche, especially one that you are highly interested in yourself. You are visiting those places where it is natural to leave links and be in discussion with folks that have links about the same stuff you are interested in and selling. Sellers that are selling out of catalogs and drop shipping are going to have to use every way they can come up with to get links to their stores since there doesn't seem to have any direction to where they are going. When I'm not directly involved with my sewing pattern store here on ecrater, I'm involved in sewing forums and digests, writing letters to editors of sewing magazines (that are being published!), reading up on sewing or actually sewing itself. My life and links are all intertwined. I can do that or I can spend a lot of boring time feeding links to upteen sites that I know I don't go to and I doubt others go their either to do searches or whatever those sites are for.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know someone who obtained a page rank of 6 and shows up on the first page of Google searches for just about every keyword relating to his site, all within a year.

He never signed up for sketchy backlinks. He did it the real way--quality content that brought value to the Internet that other people linked to. Active in social networks. Active in the niche community he writes for.

It can be done. Not everyone has to cheat to get ahead. Some people prefer to gain credibility legitimately.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Aspen I was curious, do you sell on ecrater? Your store appears to be "on hold" and the website you refer to in your store info is just a domain placeholder. Curious as to what exactly you do? Just maintain "link directories"? Is that very profitable?
aspencounty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecheapskirt wrote:
I know someone who obtained a page rank of 6 and shows up on the first page of Google searches for just about every keyword relating to his site, all within a year.

He never signed up for sketchy backlinks. He did it the real way--quality content that brought value to the Internet that other people linked to. Active in social networks. Active in the niche community he writes for.

It can be done. Not everyone has to cheat to get ahead. Some people prefer to gain credibility legitimately.

I never said it was not possible to do well without building your own links, I said it is rare for it to happen. It would be especially difficult for any average eCommerce store to "naturally" attract that kind of attention.

I'm not sure why you think all this is somehow cheating. I would never recommend anything but time proven, aboveboard white hat techniques that are accepted by all major search engines and used by most top SEO companies. To recommend anything that is potentially harmful would be a disservice to my friends and clients plus I wouldn't stay in business for long.

Bottom line is we all have our own opinion about what works and what doesn't and what is best for our websites and businesses. You have your opinion and that's great and I applaud you for standing up for what you believe in and I wish you nothing but success.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aspencounty wrote:

Just wanted to say ... HELLO aspencounty
Nice to see you around. Been too long!
aspencounty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
aspencounty wrote:

Just wanted to say ... HELLO aspencounty
Nice to see you around. Been too long!

Hi neighbor! You know me, I have to stop in and rant ever now and then Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: