eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

NEWBIE HERE!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SanasCreations

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: NEWBIE HERE! Reply with quote

Hi everyone...just wanted to introduce myself as I am new to the Ecrater community. Feel free to check out my site and give any suggestions to help kick start any sales. I also have a site on Etsy, but no luck there. I'm still adding items pretty much weekly so I'm hoping I will have better luck here. I only ship to the US as of now. Does anyone find that shipping elsewhere brings them more sales? Any insight would be helpful...thanks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
hocadobi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCrater! First off, you need a store logo/banner to show your prospective buyers that your store is ready for business. It is not a difficult task, but be sure you fill the allowed space with your store name. Your home page is a little sparse with text. Be sure to mention the kinds of things you sell on this page. You can easily choose to have your products featured on the right hand side in a rotating order. So basically, your store front home page looks a bit bare. Next, you can expand greatly on your titles and use up as many of the 100 allowed characters. This will definitely help you in searches and give you a far better chance of being found. Lastly, make sure you give as complete a description as you can, and as someone else has said here, tell the story as if the person cannot see a picture of your item.
Best wishes!
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.

What Hocabi said and... Your titles really should include that the jewelry is handmade, if beads are glass, plastic, natural material or whatever.

Be careful of calling things silver or gold when they are only gold or silver tone. If you don't want to write all that out, use silvery or golden.

Selling to the UK has been more than 50% of my business since I added it.

Re shipping, sending priority mail adds 2-3$ to your costs over a padded envelope and first class. Also if you ship priority abroad, it will be very expensive.
SanasCreations

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you hocadobi and thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat for all of your input. Everything you suggested was already on my mind Smile. As far as the silver, I usually do say "silver color" rather than silver, but I do see that I mistakenly did not on one or two so I will have to change that. I will also work on my home page...although not sure I know how to do logo, but willing to try Smile. As far as shipping to UK, I will have to look into setting that up? Is it difficult as far as customs, etc?
caljackscollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with what has been said. You have very nice items. Don't forget, since eCrater is free and doesn't advertise, you need to promote, promote and promote somemore. Best wishes for many sales. Smile
joyfulsleep

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to ecrater. Wishing you many sales!!
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking thru your store, I notice this item ...

http://sanascreations.ecrater.com/p/13624880/turquoise-and-green-tagua-sterling-silver

It has an unrecognized google attribute at the bottom ( "[!material :tagua nut!]" ). I suspect that was caused by the extra space behind "material".
SanasCreations

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you cosmicray for noticing that...fixing it now
GoddessCosmetics

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome!
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome Smile . Is there any way you can lighten up your photos? Everything looks dark and I can't see the colors very well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: