eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How does a buyer remove or change feedback?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Perhaps his own website would be better.

Well, perhaps. I just noticed something else odd. The seller is collecting sales tax from 10 states, but the state they claim as their origin (WA = Washington) is not one of them. WA has a base sales tax of 6.5%. My interpretation is that the actual inventory is held at locations in other states. That might explain (somewhat) what happened with the shipping delay.

Also, remember this suggestion ?
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=35748

I'm not trying to make seller's life more difficult, but that suggestion, with the information properly filled in, might have explained the situation here.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People just use the feedback to take shots at sellers. They attempt to hold sellers hostage in regards to screwing with the sellers income and nothing more. Provided the seller hasnt done anything wrong that is. Buyers who have a normal transaction normally dont leave any feedback and thats fine. Its the ones that will deliberately leave negative feedback without contacting company or anything else.

First negative feedback was become some xxx buyer bought an item and then started complaining that she didnt get the item. It turns out they moved 4 days after they bought the item and deliberately tried to violate the terms of the sale. They wanted to have the item shipped elsewhere wen the terms said clearly they didnt.

Sellers can have whatever policies they want, buyers will deliberately ignore them and cause problems because they are too lazy to read, update their payment account with the right information. Some will try to get the seller to violate their own terms and conditions just so that the buyer thinks "they are always right". When something goes wrong, some will deliberately lie in the disputes, when they know they've sent an email or something else that will contradict them.

Thats one reason why we dont respond to direct emails. Buyers are given a link to a form, and the form clearly tells the buyer here are the policies they agreed to and they have to electronically sign it. We started that a few months ago and the BS got cut in 1/2. For those people who still try to play their little games, you just submit the form to PayPal and its 123 in the merchants favor.

You can blame this all once again on Visa & Mastercard that tell the buyer they can do whatever they want and its allowed. Then they turn the tables on the seller in the exact opposite. They will encourage the buyer to file dispute after dispute, and then the company you process with says you can only have 1 out of 100 transactions in a dispute or else your considered high risk. They know in mail order there's no signed purchase order and they will use it anytime the buyer's credit card company doesnt have a leg to stand on. Or they will initate a 2nd dispute and then the non refundable $500 arbitration fee to the seller, not the buyer, if the buyer still continues to dispute the charge. They use that purposely to scare off he seller and give the product and the money back to the buyer for free.

And try to get them to go to court, unless you have a good legal department, laugh it up to experience. God forbid the buyer has one thing wrong, and you have everyone looking at your company, and making any excuse they want to say - pay us.

its the things that some buyer's do that companies have to do what they do. When we buy things we say first what an SOB company, then realize why they are doing what they are doing. No one wants that go to that sort of BS to make a sale. Its because of a selected few buyers that take "the customer is always right" and just abuse the hell out of it.

Personally we wish that the feedback rating was seller voluterary. If the seller is trying to scam people they can always contact ecrater, paypal whomever. But there are some buyers that want to put their last 2 cents in for no reason whatsover than to scew over a seller because they want to take shots at them.

Whether its the seller didnt ship an item, or the item arrived a few days later a negative feedback is still the same. People dont read. They just look at the basics.

Last edited by universalcomputers on Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

people just do what they want.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel your pain and agree with you, but that's the name of the game, even in a walk in store.

More or less

Being online does make it harder, but all what you say has been experienced 1000 times over before the internet was invented.

My only suggestion is concentrate on the selling side of the equation, take things as they come.

Plus a lot of what you are thinking is generated by that blasted ebay, that place is bad news, always bad news.

You have to be ready for all , ALL, curcumstances, YOU tell the bank what to do, YOU are in the drivers seat, no matter what the policy is, from VISA, so long as you are right, go after the bank and tell them what to do in a matter of factly way.

Keep pluggin man. !!!
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

universalcomputers wrote:

Whether its the seller didnt ship an item, or the item arrived a few days later a negative feedback is still the same. People dont read. They just look at the basics.

If you are reading these old posts you know Ecrater will remove the bad feedback if you explain the situation and use the contact form.

Your bad feedback is just a neutral, not a negative. You might be able to email copies of your mailing receipt to show that it was mailed in a timely manner.

I read your policies and some of it does not make sense here. Under your terms you state that your payments need a "mandatory clearance time." What does that mean? Doesn't your Paypal payment get deposited in your account right away?

I have been selling several years and I have had only a few bad apples. I just chalk them up to the price of doing business. You can't please everyone.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your one feedback is a neutral because you evidently didn't ship the item for a while. If this is not true and you have your postal receipt you can get it removed. If you really did delay shipping that long, it is not undeserved feedback.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Lastade -- Ecrater has already adjusted his feedback from a negative to a neutral. So there is nothing left to do for him.

Quote:
Thats one reason why we dont respond to direct emails. Buyers are given a link to a form, and the form clearly tells the buyer here are the policies they agreed to and they have to electronically sign it.

Well that sounds like a great way to win more customers! Not! If I emailed a seller for any reason and all I got was a computer generated letter with a form I had to sign, I know I would never shop with you again. Evil or Very Mad

Time to get that chip off your shoulder and move on. Your negative has been turned into a neutral. There is no point to keep raising the issue. In this day of instant orders and payments, there is no reason to wait 14 days to ship an order whatever the mail order law says--that was made when you had to account for the order to get to the company via mail, then wait for the check to clear (about a week) and then the time to get the item back to the buyer. With the best of times that was about 3 weeks. Now most of that is accomplished in a few minutes. No excuse to live in the past.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: