eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

NEW eCrater domain name

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kathys

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:40 pm    Post subject: NEW eCrater domain name Reply with quote

Good afternoon

I see if I order a domain name for $5 per month, I also get the 301 redirect for all my links out there.

Does HTML also come with the fee? or is it still an ecrater marketplace store?

Thank you.
Kathy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thefamilyhome

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: NEW eCrater domain name Reply with quote

kathys wrote:
Good afternoon

I see if I order a domain name for $5 per month, I also get the 301 redirect for all my links out there.

Does HTML also come with the fee? or is it still an ecrater marketplace store?

Thank you.
Kathy

You have to own the domain name already. There is no HTML, it will still be just your ecrater store just under your own domain name.
kathys

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

Smile
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
or is it still an ecrater marketplace store?

Yes, it is still your ecrater store. the only thing that is changing, if you sign up, is that now you can have a url that doesn't show the ecrater part. It will look to anyone coming to your store that it is basically a stand alone site. But no html, or other things. Just the domain name.

As this thought buzzed through my head and not directed specifically at you. In deciding whether or not to do this, since this is $5 a month and the whole year must be paid at once so essentially $60 right from the get go, a seller should really think about whether it is important to their business, how long have they been here and are they the type to leave after a month or two of perhaps poor sales. Are you doing the selling more as a hobby or a full fledged business? Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean that you SHOULD do something. $60 is a lot of cash to set down if you may be leaving in a month or two. That being said, I think I finally got my CNAME thing figured out.
kathys

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought about it, and $60 is a lot of money to have a direct domain name.

I could do this with another company and have HTML and another shopping cart come with it.

So I think I'll pass, I have adwords with google and I am getting more hits, but the sales are slow.

I am moving about half my items to etsy where there is a boatload of traffic through advertising.

Thanks for your insight!! This is a hobby for me BTW.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For us it is a long term business, or at least as long as I can handle it. Getting my name going as THE url for my store means if I ever get ambitious enough to start my own website at least I won't or shouldn't have problems with pulling return shoppers to my site. It isn't a big possibility though, but I do want to be able tell people where they can find me on line without having to remember all the dots and where ecrater fits into the url. I know I need business cards! It is amazing how many times I end up in conversations about selling on line. People that have never even thought about it, find it all fascinating. Also since we are business sellers, the $60 for the year is a tax deduction. even though we actually have to come up with the money.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: