eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google attributes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
heavenlyscentsandherbs

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Google attributes Reply with quote

Hello fellow ecrater'ers (haha)
I am having a problem with google attributes. I sell dried herbs. I submitted an attribute under format: cut/sifted, powder, whole, ground (each separately) , I did this through global action today 2/12/12 and have not heard nor seen any change yet. I understand it could take 24 hours.
I looked at sectionIII 'other attributes' and have found no other attribute that applies to my products.
I do not have any upc/ean/jan/gtin/isbn,or mpn #'s to submit.
Does any one else have any suggestions?
Thanks for your help ahead of time!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
caljackscollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to go to: http://support.google.com/merchants/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=160081
This is Google's Categorize your products page.
Also on your Admin Tools page on eCrater go to Promote My Store under More Options on the left. There you will find suggested attributes.

I wouldn't use the format for your products but product_type:seeds (or whatever the product is. I think "format: is for electronic stuff.
Hope this helps. Smile
heavenlyscentsandherbs

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks caljackscollectibles I have been to the link provided. So under the attribute name I would type product_type, then in the attribute value I would insert the category according to the link that you provided? Would you use the text or xml for the copy function?
I also went to the promote my store tab and those attribute suggestions were what I was referring to early, but thanks again for helping.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You (the seller) do not provide XML directly to eCrater. You can use an abbreviated name:value pair markup format provided by eCrater, which is placed at the bottom of the item description...

Code:
[!attribute_name:attribute_value!]

repeating for each pair.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think your herbs would fall under the custom category since your text pages indicate you package the herbs yourself. The attributes of brand and mpn are for items from a manufacture with the manufacture's product number. Custom items fall in the area that both Google and eCRATER have said should be exempt. You would need to make sure you have all the required attributes for the other items, then apply for an exemption for your herbs. (This would be like used books, if I sell a newer used book it has required attributes, but if I put together a group of books it's my grouping an doesn't have required attributes.)

As far as the suggestions for attributes, you can only use the attributes listed in the popup window from the question mark on the "Google Attribute Table" page in our admin section. Ecrater has stated more than once on the forum that the attribute product_type is submitted by eCRATER based on the Global categories you choose. If you add that attribute, it is ignored by eCRATER. (At one time we could add it and have it sent with the feed, but it is now ignored.)

In looking at your photos and descriptions you need to do a better job of describing exactly what the customer is receiving. This is especially true of items that don't picture exactly what the customer is receiving. Remember, some of your customers will come to your item page from Google Shopping where they will be in the main eCRATER marketplace. Unless they continue looking for additional information, they will not see your home page or your text pages. If they see a picture of the growing plant they may think they are getting seeds or roots they can plant as soon as they arrive.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: