eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How does google checkout work?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Strikefoil

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: How does google checkout work? Reply with quote

How does google checkout work? How go I get paid from it? Is it similar to paypal? Am I able to withdraw funds from google checkout to my bank account like paypal does? Does it go to my bank account automatically?Can anyone let me know how it works before I use it.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Comics-Emporium

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read this
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=2041

and there are a few other links in the FAQS and Solutions section
caljackscollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes check out the site that Comics-Emporium posted. It is very helpful. About half of my sales are through Google checkout. Of course I don't know if they would have used PayPal if I didn't offer both, but I prefer not to test that. I find Google Checkout about as easy to use as PayPal.
ILOVE2SHOP4U

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get more payments through Google than I do Paypal.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may not be understanding everything I've read, but I think the newer version of Google checkout, the "wallet," is more friendly to those who shop by mobile devices like phones and tablets. Please don't beat me--I could be wrong!

After watching my younger and techier sister sit on my couch over the holidays and order from QVC on her phone, I need to do more research on that. I am a complete dinosaur--I own nothing but a desktop PC! Well, I have a cell phone, but it doesn't do anything but call people.
rstmanuals

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI, I have only been on Google Checkout for a couple months but I really like it and have had no problems with them at all. Very refreshing. Still way less used than Pay Pal but I only have it on eCrater listings so far. I will be changing my website over to it this year. I signed up literally days before the switch to Wallet. So far I am still using Checkout. Here is a link where you can still sign in to that severice.

http://checkout.google.com/sell/?gsessionid=6JByH4KqB1A

I imagine the complete change over to Wallet will be soon but I have confidense they will make it simple.
RustyFarmall

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtcollectibles wrote:
I may not be understanding everything I've read, but I think the newer version of Google checkout, the "wallet," is more friendly to those who shop by mobile devices like phones and tablets. Please don't beat me--I could be wrong!

After watching my younger and techier sister sit on my couch over the holidays and order from QVC on her phone, I need to do more research on that. I am a complete dinosaur--I own nothing but a desktop PC! Well, I have a cell phone, but it doesn't do anything but call people.

WT, I think you're right. I also have no intention to ever use my cell phone to do anything other than talk.
Strikefoil

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I signed up for google checkout.
How do I get paid from it?
Strikefoil

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I got it figured out.
If not I will let you know.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you have been on GCO for a while you get your payments directly into your bank account within about 2 days of receiving them except on holidays. You don't have to do anything to initiate it. You can also send invoices through GCO as well so you aren't stuck with PP. The fees on GCO are the same as PP. I've never had any trouble with it at all. Just be sure that you are actually paid through GCO as you will only get the notice of the order through them, not an order notice from ecrater then a notification of payment from PP.
RustyFarmall

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A GCO account can be set up to either automatically charge the customers card and send it to your bank account, or it can be set up to do a manual charge, which means the card does NOT get charged until YOU make it happen. The manual charge option gives you a little wiggle room in the off chance your inventory count is off and you find out you no longer have the item. Such things DO happen.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: