eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

new member, hello everyone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redrockfossils

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: new member, hello everyone Reply with quote

Hello all, just joined the site selling fossils,been on another site for ten years - you know which one i mean!- enjoying working my way around this site , seems easy to use , im going to try and load quite a few items and then see what happens, is there anyone who has been a member for a while with advice or info on sales!- is there any way of knowing how many visitors have been on items? thanks all
happy selling
regards
Steve Very Happy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

If you haven't already, grab a cup of tea, settle down and read the FAQs. There are a ton of knowledge nuggets there in plain sight.

When you sign in, go to the products section where you list items. A list of items you have entered appears and to the left is the number of views. These can be people views or 'bots' from the search engines so it's not 100% accurate when it comes to # of viewing customers.
redrockfossils

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyreeTrading wrote:
Welcome!

If you haven't already, grab a cup of tea, settle down and read the FAQs. There are a ton of knowledge nuggets there in plain sight.

When you sign in, go to the products section where you list items. A list of items you have entered appears and to the left is the number of views. These can be people views or 'bots' from the search engines so it's not 100% accurate when it comes to # of viewing customers.

thanks for your reply , i will have a look at that, everything is very confusing at the moment! have lots of sales...steve
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. Learn something new every day. Had no idea there were ever crocodiles in the UK. I thought they were warm water creatures.

I suggest you add more key words to your titles. I don't know anything about fossils so I won't try to tell you which ones, but definitely add more.

Also fill in your terms and contact pages. Do you mine your own fossils? If so I'd add a bit of where you get them and how, etc. to your about page.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see two items in your store. The one I looked at is marked as 'Brand New'. This puzzles me somewhat. Are fossils ever 'brand new' ? Are they ever 'used' ?

I'm not sure which would be the correct way to list them (seeing as there are only two choices), but 'brand new' seems odd.

Flipping out to the marketplace category ...
http://www.ecrater.com/c/3827/fossils-collectibles

I see various sellers using both 'brand new' and 'used'. So I guess neither is more correct than the other (unless the fossil was used as part of a finished product).

One other remark... Other than the hand holding the fossil, there is no scale in the image. There is no obvious way to denote the dimensions. Not sure how critical this is, just my observation.
GoddessCosmetics

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve...welcome to the Moon!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: new member, hello everyone Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER. I took a look around your store and it's looking nice.

One quick comment regarding your titles, be careful with your commas. It's better to have no comma than a comma with no space. The correct spacing is word comma space word, ie. rock, fossil. If you list rock, fossil a search engine is going to see the 2 key words rock and/or fossil but if you list rock,fossil with no space the search engine is going to see the 1 keyword rock,fossil. This is also true in your description, but not as critical as in the title. You may have been trying to pack the title with keywords and use as many of the allowed 100 characters, but it's better to omit the comma and have one space than lose your keywords. Also make sure the most important keywords for your customers are in the first half of the title. I think Google Shopping only sees the first 65 or 70 characters where eCRATER marketplace search checks the full 100 characters.

redrockfossils wrote:
is there any way of knowing how many visitors have been on items?
The best way to view the visitors to your stores is by using Google Analytics for your US and UK stores. The counter in the admin section is helpful, but it resets to 0 at the first of each month. Also, it doesn't give any info on how the visitor found your store.
dehartconnections

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCrater and best of luck with your store
goldfashionmine

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: